Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:43 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
No, theyíre allowed to come back and play for U23s at the same time. Not literally the same time obviously
I know, but it seems Leyton Orient have no interest using him. So for the purpose of this thread should we not be surpirsed he isnt making appearances? Why wouldnt they just cancel the loan?
Old 02-01-2019, 08:53 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
James Daly sounds like he has adapted and is doing really well at Kingstonian. Is he highly rated by Palace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 02-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I know, but it seems Leyton Orient have no interest using him. So for the purpose of this thread should we not be surpirsed he isnt making appearances? Why wouldnt they just cancel the loan?
Presumably we would lose out on them paying his wages and may have to pay or repay a fee.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:27 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
James Dayton is injured for Orient, thereby reducing the number of wide men available. So that reduces the competition for Lumeka but the fact that he still cannot get onto the bench is not a good sign.

James is the ex Palace Academy starlet who big things were expected of and he was offered a pro deal asap by Palace. But he was so slight at that time that he struggled with mens football. So he was released and then drifted along for a bit and nearly gave up but he recovered via the Glen Hoddle football academy which led to a contract at Kilmarnock, then Oldham, then Cheltenham and now Orient. He is 30 now and has played almost 250 1st team games so has managed to make a career for himself.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
James Dayton is injured for Orient, thereby reducing the number of wide men available. So that reduces the competition for Lumeka but the fact that he still cannot get onto the bench is not a good sign.

James is the ex Palace Academy starlet who big things were expected of and he was offered a pro deal asap by Palace. But he was so slight at that time that he struggled with mens football. So he was released and then drifted along for a bit and nearly gave up but he recovered via the Glen Hoddle football academy which led to a contract at Kilmarnock, then Oldham, then Cheltenham and now Orient. He is 30 now and has played almost 250 1st team games so has managed to make a career for himself.
Damn he is nearly 30. I still see him as a young player.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:17 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Not strictly appropriate for this thread, as he was released rather than loaned. However, my brother and nephew are season ticket holders at AFC Wimbledon and are both raving about the form of Kwesi Appiah

I won't repeat their comments about Tom Soares though
Old 02-01-2019, 02:43 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace loan these promising young players out to gain experience but they are gaining very little if their clubs are not playing them which defeats the object of them being there.

Palace do rate these young players which is why they have them contracted to the club and loan them out to develop their game playing more competitive football than youth/ reserve level.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:44 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
You cannot cancel loans. They have to go window to window.

He will be on a youth loan which allows players to train at their parent club and also to turn out for the non 1st team games.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:32 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
1/1/19 - very little to report

Jaroslaw Jach - «aykur Rizespor (Turkey Super Lig - their top League)
no games for 3 more weeks

Ryan Inniss - Dundee Scottish premiership
Dundee 0:0 Livingston - an unused sub
Dundee 0:2 St. Johnstone - an unused sub
Now a 3 week break

Jason Lokilo - Lorient (France) Ligue 2
No games - Winter break?

Levi Lumeka - Leyton Orient - National League.
Dag & Redbridge 2:1 Orient & Dover 0:0 Orient
Still not featuring

James Daly & Tyler Brown - Kingstonian Bostick League.
Merstham 0:0 Kingstonian - James Daly subbed off on 49 mins. Brown an unplayed sub. Interestingly (ex Academy) Gus Sow was playing for Merstham

for the record as I was there James Daley was subbed off after a hefty and unpleasant kick on the ankle which I hope hasn't done too much damage. Hed just bulldozed through 3 Mertham players and was caught fiom behind. IMHO he was actully playing very well in a poor team performance which certainly got no better after he came off

Last edited by cranesparkeagle; 02-01-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:24 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How did Sow play?
He was once tipped for big things when younger but injuries and not continuing to develop once he reached U18 level meant he didn't make it at Palace.
Obviously well thought of as a person as he's on our Academy staff.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:32 AM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Suffice ir to say Merstham were much better coming out from the back than Ks were on the day but I failed to register that he was on the field till seeing this thread. But he certainly looked very comfortable on the ball and seems to be underselling himself playing at the level. Dont think he was the one who Kicked Daly!
Old 03-01-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
Not strictly appropriate for this thread, as he was released rather than loaned. However, my brother and nephew are season ticket holders at AFC Wimbledon and are both raving about the form of Kwesi Appiah

I won't repeat their comments about Tom Soares though
Ian one thing. As I Iive barely a mile and a half from Kingsmeadow I have been a number of times. I dont feel at all comfortable about mentioning any allegiance to Palace there. Theres at least one rather hostile song involving us. Do you keep that under your ha when you go
Old 04-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Ian one thing. As I Iive barely a mile and a half from Kingsmeadow I have been a number of times. I dont feel at all comfortable about mentioning any allegiance to Palace there. Theres at least one rather hostile song involving us. Do you keep that under your ha when you go
Even worse, before we moved down to my current house, I lived for nearly 30 years just outside Milton Keynes, who I went to watch on a number of occasions if Palace were away. I certainly used to keep that under my hat at AFC!
Old 09-01-2019, 02:29 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Lumeka has been recalled from Orient.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
You cannot cancel loans. They have to go window to window.

He will be on a youth loan which allows players to train at their parent club and also to turn out for the non 1st team games.

You mean a window, like now.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:00 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Been a few times myself but it is so bloody boring. Never heard any anti Palace songs personally.
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
15/1/19 - catching up on some new loans

Jason Puncheon - Huddersfield
(FA Cup) Bristol City 1:0 Huddersfield - played 90 mins
Cardiff 0:0 Huddersfield - played 90 mins
But manager Wagner who loaned in Punch has now gone

(friendlies) Rizespor 2:1 Osnabruck & Denislispor 1:2 Rizespor (no reports)

Alexander Sorloth - KAA Gent (Belgium Premier League)

a 3 week break

Lorient 2:1 Chateauroux - not in matchday squad

Nya Kirby - Blackpool (League 1)
Portsmouth 0:1 Blackpool - on the bench, unused sub

Jonny Williams - Charlton (League 1)
Charlton 1:1 Sunderland - came on a a 68th min sub
Shrewsbury 0:3 Charlton - started & played for 77 mins

B.Stortford 3:0 Kings
Knaphill 1:1 Kings (Surrey Cup)
- Neither Daly or Brown played. Daly may well be suffering result of injury in prior match
Tonbridge 3:2 Kings - T.Brown played all 90 mins. Daly injured

Levi Lumeka - recalled from Leyton Orient but has been playing regularly for the U23s
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

I read that Huddersfield fans liked his ability

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

(friendlies) Rizespor 2:1 Osnabruck & Denislispor 1:2 Rizespor (no reports)

Alexander Sorloth - KAA Gent (Belgium Premier League)

a 3 week break

Lorient 2:1 Chateauroux - not in matchday squad

Nya Kirby - Blackpool (League 1)
Portsmouth 0:1 Blackpool - on the bench, unused sub

Jonny Williams - Charlton (League 1)
Charlton 1:1 Sunderland - came on a a 68th min sub
Shrewsbury 0:3 Charlton - started & played for 77 mins

B.Stortford 3:0 Kings
Knaphill 1:1 Kings (Surrey Cup)
- Neither Daly or Brown played. Daly may well be suffering result of injury in prior match
Tonbridge 3:2 Kings - T.Brown played all 90 mins. Daly injured

Levi Lumeka - recalled from Leyton Orient but has been playing regularly for the U23s
Just a point, Jonny Williams isnít a loan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old Today, 10:05 AM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Just a point, Jonny Williams isnít a loan.
OOps thanks, I will amend next time