Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-09-2018, 12:56 PM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace Stats 18/19 (Whoscored.com)

In the pursuit of coming top of my Prem fantasy league at work I spend a fair amount of time checking out player stats on whoscored.com etc.

I know stats don't tell the full pictures but over a season its does paint a fairly good picture and are used more & more in sports/betting.

Thought I'd post a few I found interesting so far this season:

*Palace are 6th Statistically in the league with a rating of 6.81 (Man City 1st on 7.09 & Huddersfield 20th with 6.40)

*Palace have the 15th lowest Possession with 45.8% (Chelsea 1st on 65.8% & Newcastle 20th with 6.53)

*Aaron Wan-Bissaka has the highest rating in the team with 7.51 with Joel Ward the lowest on 6.36 (Based on players playing over 90mins)

*Mamadou Sakho has a the highest pass success percentage with 91.4% with Christian Benteke bottom with 51.5% (Wayne Hennessey on 50.4)

*James McArthur tops the team for "Key passes per game" with 1.4

*James Tomkins comes out on top in regards to "Clearances per game" with 8

*Wilf Zaha tops the table for "Dispossessed per game" with 6 & "Bad Control per game" at 4.3
Old 18-09-2018, 01:05 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprkorngod View Post

*Wilf Zaha tops the table for "Dispossessed per game" with 6 & "Bad Control per game" at 4.3
Just shows how meaningless stats are..After his match winning wonder goal on Saturday, who cares if he gets dispossessed every now and again..
Old 18-09-2018, 01:07 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What does this mean?

*Palace are 6th Statistically in the league with a rating of 6.81 (Man City 1st on 7.09 & Huddersfield 20th with 6.40)
Old 18-09-2018, 01:43 PM

Location: Village of Shepherdswell, which is between Dover and Canterbury.
pots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They have wilf weighing 66kg, 1 kg less than Meyer and 11kg less than Andros, maybe when he first started.
Old 18-09-2018, 01:45 PM

mystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
What does this mean?

Europa League pal.
Palace finish 11th
Brighton finish 18th
Old 18-09-2018, 02:02 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
In the pursuit of coming top of my Prem fantasy league at work I spend a fair amount of time checking out player stats on whoscored.com etc.

I know stats don't tell the full pictures but over a season its does paint a fairly good picture and are used more & more in sports/betting.

*Palace have the 15th lowest Possession with 45.8% (Chelsea 1st on 65.8% & Newcastle 20th with 6.53)

*Aaron Wan-Bissaka has the highest rating in the team with 7.51 with Joel Ward the lowest on 6.36 (Based on players playing over 90mins)

*Mamadou Sakho has a the highest pass success percentage with 91.4% with Christian Benteke bottom with 51.5% (Wayne Hennessey on 50.4)

Iíll sleep easier at night for having read all that
Old 18-09-2018, 04:35 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:

Because of that last stat, the rest of it is meaningless

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 18-09-2018, 04:46 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
What are the stats for running with the ball from 40 metres out, beating 4 men and scoring?
Old 18-09-2018, 06:09 PM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Positive as always boys

In regards to the Wilf stat, hence the caveat that it doesn't tell the full picture, but also could highlight something he could do better and ultimately drag that team possession up higher and time spent in opposition third.

He easily comes out top for "offensive" stats so I guess that covers the "running with the ball from 40 metres out, beating 4 men and scoring"
Old 18-09-2018, 06:20 PM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What fantasy league do you play, OP?
Old 18-09-2018, 10:14 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace Stats 18/19 (Whoscored.com)

Stats are always a good guide but donít always tell the whole picture. THe Zaha stat I would guess wouldnít take into account that he was more than likely clogged off the ball. I would imagine his stats for dribbling and take ons would be very high.

The one area I would be interested in is where we lose the ball compared to the back end of last season and my guess would be midfield.
Old 18-09-2018, 10:51 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Newcastle average 6.53% possession?!! That can't be right!
Old 18-09-2018, 11:25 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
I suspect that's a typo.

The most misleading thing about possession stats is they are calculated based on the number of passes. So you could have a five second spell of quick, short passes, lose the ball to the opposition who run with it for ten seconds, and you'll be deemed to have had 100% possession.
Old 19-09-2018, 05:21 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All these stats are just an americanisation of the game. All American sports are riddled with pointless stats about everything and I'm not a fan of it. Keep them simple and telling Goals, assists, ground covered, shots on target etc. are fine but do we really need to know everything??
Old 19-09-2018, 06:08 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
What does this mean?

Confused me too
Old 19-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
I suspect that's a typo.

The most misleading thing about possession stats is they are calculated based on the number of passes. So you could have a five second spell of quick, short passes, lose the ball to the opposition who run with it for ten seconds, and you'll be deemed to have had 100% possession.
Is that is true (which Im not suggesting it isnt) that is one of the most pointless things Ive heard. You could easily time the duration a team has possession. Passes are just passes. Possession stats doesnt mean that much, but now it means even less. It makes sense everyone was obsessed with possession at the same time as Tiki Taka, the small numious passes exactly boost possesion according to what you are saying.

Certain stats or phrases become a fad, at the momen itís expected goals. Football will end up like NFL with stats everywhere.

Last edited by MFBias; 19-09-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 19-09-2018, 08:59 AM

Yeah typo on the Newcastle stats, they have an average 37.4% possession (have played Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal/City so far tbf)

The Palace are 6th Statistically in the league with a rating of 6.81 is exactly what it says, IF the league was based on player stats offensive/defensive ratings combined we are 6th in the imaginary statistical league - again pointless in reality but shows we are doing somethings well in my opinion

To think statistics/analytics alongside old school methods are not used in player scouting/pre-game prep is fairly naive.
Old 19-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What tosh.
Old 19-09-2018, 09:16 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Can't argue with facts
Old 19-09-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
What tosh.
Ok