Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-05-2017, 09:32 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderuk1 View Post
Step forward Marco Gabbiadini 2.5 million i think.
1.8m IIRC, and sold for 1.2m. And scored 1 in 3 in a system not set up for him. Nowhere near our worst signings.

Money-wise, it has to be Ismael, given football finances were so different then to now - I thought it was closer to 2.5m we paid. I also had high hopes for Campana, but he did the square root of **** all for us as well!
Old 22-05-2017, 09:35 PM

WandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Jimmy Kebe in a league of his own.

Our worst signing under 2010 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidofWonder
It made me well up thinking how close we'd been to losing this club and now it was Ours again, and it was ours in the top league and how much had changed throughout those 10 years in my own life and how Palace had always been there. Plastic premiership fans will never know the feeling but I felt like we were as much a part of this promotion season as the players, I dunno if anyone else got this but I felt like more than a fan
Old 22-05-2017, 09:38 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderuk1 View Post
Step forward Marco Gabbiadini 2.5 million i think.
As a replacement for Wright he was poor in direct comparison.

However we paid 1.8 for him and sold him to Derby for 1.1 if I remember correctly.

Plus he scored goals, Liverpool away being his finest game.

Nowhere near our worst in any category apart from in comparison to the player he replaced
Old 22-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Paul Bodin. Utter shite and in 1991 not inexpensive for us - 1m was it? Played about 5 times and was crap every time.
Old 22-05-2017, 09:46 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
As a replacement for Wright he was poor in direct comparison.

However we paid 1.8 for him and sold him to Derby for 1.1 if I remember correctly.

Plus he scored goals, Liverpool away being his finest game.

Nowhere near our worst in any category apart from in comparison to the player he replaced
True.

And with hindsight and perspective, Wright was so good that it was always going to be v hard to replace him with someone else within our budget.
Old 22-05-2017, 09:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
1.8m IIRC, and sold for 1.2m. And scored 1 in 3 in a system not set up for him. Nowhere near our worst signings.

Money-wise, it has to be Ismael, given football finances were so different then to now - I thought it was closer to 2.5m we paid. I also had high hopes for Campana, but he did the square root of **** all for us as well!
Yep, nowhere near our worst.
Old 22-05-2017, 09:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Gareth Taylor was pretty shite - so was Akinbiyi.
Old 22-05-2017, 09:48 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
No he didn't
Pre-season - I remember it
Old 22-05-2017, 09:57 PM

Lydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace's poorest signing play-off

Scott Flinders or Kevin Miller or Alex McCarthy GKs

Last edited by Lydder; 22-05-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Old 22-05-2017, 09:58 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mabbutt View Post
An almost amateur league start

I'll be back when we get to Price, Strong, Bason, Aylott, Lacey, McCulloch, Brown, Langley & Mahoney
I'm sorry you can't have Aylott in that list as he caused so much mirth with his in ability to hit a barn door AND the follow up "son of Aylott" chant.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013

Please if you can donate to this, give back some of the joy you have had watching the 'A Palace Minute' series from BUBBS11.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 22-05-2017, 10:00 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydder View Post
Scott Flinders or Matt Clarke GKs
Matt Clarke? What's wrong with you?
Old 22-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
But Paul Mortimer was a midfielder, I don't think we bought him to replace Salako. We just thought he was good. But he wasn't
He was a direct replacement for the injured Salako. Coppell looked through Rothmans and signed him to play left midfield.
Old 22-05-2017, 10:04 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
But Paul Mortimer was a midfielder, I don't think we bought him to replace Salako. We just thought he was good. But he wasn't

Mortimer claimed he could play equally well in any position iirc
Old 22-05-2017, 10:06 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Neil "Razor" Ruddock. Fat Millwall chunch.
Old 22-05-2017, 10:37 PM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandsworthEagle View Post
Jimmy Kebe in a league of his own.

Our worst signing under 2010 ownership
Have the Steve's had a fall out?
Old 22-05-2017, 10:44 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Mutch, Sako etc haven't done anything to earn their wage but realistically we're always going to have squad players picking up big money for doing nothing at this level.

It was signings like Carle, Kuqi, Kennedey etc that nearly bankrupted the club
Old 22-05-2017, 10:45 PM
F/T watcher P/T poster!

stanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Jon Macken probably deserves a mention before some of the cheaper options being quoted on here too.
Old 22-05-2017, 10:46 PM

Lydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLydder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Matt Clarke? What's wrong with you?

Got mixed up with Big Kev Miller :/
Old 22-05-2017, 10:48 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
I think Ruddock was the worst in my memory. Not only was he fat, past it and crap, but he dragged the rest of the team down by being an idiotic, lazy bully.

The Mutch fee was a lot for what he's done but in the context of how much footballers go for these days it wasn't particularly outrageous.
Old 22-05-2017, 10:51 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been going since 1992. It has to be Valerien Ismael for me despite the fact he went on to win the Budesliga with Bourissia Dortmud. To think he was our record signing for nearly 15 years!