Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-05-2018, 08:05 PM

Uswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old stand enclosure around the tunnel never been so crowded in all my times at Selhurst
Old 08-08-2018, 08:14 PM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Anyone go to the Wimbledon/Leeds replay?
I'm sure there was about 45,000 there with 40,000 odd of us cheering on Wimbledon.
Yes on both counts. On Holmesdale for both games.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:09 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I'm sure there was about 45,000 there with 40,000 odd of us cheering on Wimbledon.
Yes I was at both games.

Wimbledon game scheduled for 28th Jan at Plough Lane but postponed. Rearranged to SP for 10th Feb. On the night Wimbledon sold programmes for the game on the 28th Jan and had more printed dated 10th Feb.

In a slight connection with the Burnley game Palace produced two different programme covers on 11th May.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:10 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Yes I was at both games.

Wimbledon game scheduled for 28th Jan at Plough Lane but postponed. Rearranged to SP for 10th Feb. On the night Wimbledon sold programmes for the game on the 28th Jan and had more printed dated 10th Feb.

In a slight connection with the Burnley game Palace produced two different programme covers on 11th May.

SORRY DOUBLE ENTRY - PC too slow and pressed again!

Last edited by ian king; 08-08-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:49 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post

Tell me more (I have the postponed one and the 11th May one, but surely CP didn't sell the postponed one on 11/5 ?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 09-08-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Tell me more (I have the postponed one and the 11th May one, but surely CP didn't sell the postponed one on 11/5 ?
No, but there are two different cover pictures for 11th May (from those used during the season).
Old 09-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post
No, but there are two different cover pictures for 11th May (from those used during the season).
Nice one Ian. I will keep a watch out now

On the subject of programmes (so a tenuous link!) did you see that several of the John Motson cover programmes v WBA have sold on ebay recently for £25!!!

And the pre-season game at Oxford (a programme sell out on the day) went for £32!!

So all the debate about clubs stopping doing programmes (Barnet have stopped), there is still a heck of an interest in them!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 09-08-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There with my Mum and Dad - New Stand seats, and also took mates from school Chris, Graham and Bill. I've still got a (very,very dead) sprig of the pitch from that night.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Probationary User

tayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very darktayview sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Travelled up from Lewes and unable to get into my usual place. Ended up in the Whitehorse facing the huge crowd in the Holmesdale. Ah, what memories. Unfortunately as I was driving I couldn't celebrate with a drink until home in Uckfield.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:23 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Me and my dad in the AW enclosure near the Whitehorse Lane end. Was lifted off my feet.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
In the disabled car section - top right of the Whitehorse Lane end. Can't remember the game but remember my brothers mate bringing back home part of the turf. I was only 7
Must fess up to being on the pitch that night with your brother mate!
Old 09-08-2018, 11:07 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayview View Post
Travelled up from Lewes and unable to get into my usual place. Ended up in the Whitehorse facing the huge crowd in the Holmesdale. Ah, what memories. Unfortunately as I was driving I couldn't celebrate with a drink until home in Uckfield.

Drink driving wasn't a big deal back then.Should have got on it and drove home..
Old 10-08-2018, 06:31 AM

Dogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I Squeezed into the old stand enclosure just to the right of the tunnel ,remember it like yesterday ,

one of our great nights for sure .

Went to various pubs on the way home and ended up with some take outs in Purley rotary field where a spontaneous party broke out till plod moved us on in the early hours .
Old 10-08-2018, 06:40 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have already posted that I was there. But would like to congratulate Tayview in waiting nearly 18 years for his first post. Wish a few more regular posters would wait that long. Look forward to more and may your probation soon end.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:53 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Welcome Tayview, it would be good to hear a bit more from you.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:43 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Would love to hear some of the players memories of that night. Have sent a link to John Burrridge via facebook. Hopefully he will have a look and respond
Old 11-08-2018, 01:24 PM

KolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS MurrayKolinkosNose FFS Murray
Present!

There as a seven year old with my dad and brother! Terrifying and exhilarating both at the same time! The experience, not my family!
Old 11-08-2018, 09:31 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
My dad and I squeezed not in our usual spot about 5 up from the front of the holmesdale , running on at the end and keeping an inch square of turf in a matchbox for years. My God what a night, my dad died just after our first fa final win, you don’t realise when your kid what memories your making. I have a lot to thank my dad for, giving me Palace is right up there!
Old 12-08-2018, 04:00 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was at the Burnley game as well as the season opener against Man United in 69. Biggest crowd in my early support was about 34/35 thousand against Notts County who had just signed for big money Tommy Lawton, while in the third division south league.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Natus Londini ad austrum

Aquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was there... standing in the Arthur just right of centre about three ranks from the back of the walking area.

As it got nearer KO we just got and squeezed in more and more, shoulder to shoulder. Every time something happened it was like being part of a giant organism - effectively, nobody had a choice except to go with the flow once the people around started to move.

It was one of the most one-sided games I've ever seen us play but eventually nail-biting as it got later and later.

When Ian Walsh headed home (77 mins I believe) the ground erupted and I got carried to the back of the walking area about 4 metres to the left. I stood on the top step for the rest of the game, looking over someone's shoulder.

Burnley seemed like a different side after that but we only added one more.

Afterwards, I met up again with my Bro' and mates who were standing next to me originally and we went down to Pizza Express in Streatham. As we drove down Whitehorse lane a guy holding a pair of shorts up was shouting "I've got Kenny Sansom's shorts"

Every time I see Walsh's goal, it's about the same angle but, of course, a little higher than the position I was in, so it just takes me back to that night and I feel as if I'm there all over again.

One of, if not the, most incredible nights as a Palace supporter.

Last edited by Aquila_17; 12-08-2018 at 05:13 PM.