Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:49 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wanted Antonio, El Haddi or Watkins ahead of him. But it's not like he's a bad player just very very inconsistent. On the other hand he is very strong works hard with tackling and the like especially for a striker which I assume is why he could play a wide left role or in between the midfield and the striker as well as up front.

Having watched three seasons worth of highlights his shooting when not under pressure is actually good the problem is in the prem when he gets a lot of pressure he has a habit of going into the right hand channel and then unleashing from a few yards outside the D making it easy to stop the shot as you know what he's going to do and he either gets no power on it or it smacks the bar or post. He's like a Yala with slightly less tricks but a more accurate aim. I suspect if Roy can get him to pass instead of trying worldies or get him to shoot from within the D and maybe use the left or centre of it a bit more we might get more out of him.

He also doesn't seem to like passing the ball and would rather carry the ball left and right across the pitch messing up team shape. Stopping that and getting him to pass vertically or diagonally into the channels for runners would probably make him much 'better' also. Or just carrying the ball within a defined lane and then off loading it as soon as he gets near the box.

I think his tactical brain is what's actually 'wrong' with him not his ability, pace or effort levels (when he's keen). So hopefully Roy's system of constant attacking drills and repetition will embed in his brain and he'll just start to do it. Looking at the managers he's had four managers in one season at Villa (Sherwood, Macdonald, Garde, Black) then two in half a season (Di Mateo and Bruce). At Swansea he had Clement and Carvalhal in a season and half. Which just goes to show he's played for two completely disrupted clubs.

It's slightly shocking that the roller coaster might be the most stable club he's been at and certainly the one with the highest recent finish when he joined!!!

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 10-08-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:54 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Wanted Antonio, El Haddi or Watkins ahead of him. But it's not like he's a bad player just very very inconsistent. On the other hand he is very strong works hard with tackling and the like especially for a striker which I assume is why he could play a wide left role or in between the midfield and the striker as well as up front.

Having watched three seasons worth of highlights his shooting when not under pressure is actually good the problem is in the prem when he gets a lot of pressure he has a habit of going into the right hand channel and then unleashing from a few yards outside the D making it easy to stop the shot as you know what he's going to do and he either gets no power on it or it smacks the bar or post. He's like a Yala with slightly less tricks but a more accurate aim. I suspect if Roy can get him to pass instead of trying worldies or get him to shoot from within the D and maybe use the left or centre of it a bit more we might get more out of him.

He also doesn't seem to like passing the ball and would rather carry the ball left and right across the pitch messing up team shape. Stopping that and getting him to pass vertically or diagonally into the channels for runners would probably make him much 'better' also. Or just carrying the ball within a defined lane and then off loading it as soon as he gets near the box.

I think his tactical brain is what's actually 'wrong' with him not his ability, pace or effort levels (when he's keen)
It's backed up in his stats where he creates very few chances but gets lots of shots away and with a decent pecentage on target (unlike Bolasie).

I actually think that makes him an even more useful addition - last year we created loads of chances but were often hesitant to pull the trigger.

Werner Herzog
Old 10-08-2018, 01:56 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Also makes him a good option off the bench late on in games where we need to have a go at it. I think all our outfield signings make pretty good impact subs for different reasons - Kouyate's physicality, Meyer's creativity & Ayew's eye for goal. Something we really didn't have last season apart from when Sako was fit.

Werner Herzog
Old 10-08-2018, 02:00 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post

I think his tactical brain is what's actually 'wrong' with him not his ability, pace or effort levels (when he's keen)
Good analysis.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:07 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
Unlikely as probably won't be involved against Fulham. Use today to get a few things sorted and report in first thing next week. Hit the ground running please!
You are probably correct though an experienced striker like him could be on the bench.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:08 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Looks a miserable sod in his interview, lets hope he cheers up?!
Old 10-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Jordan Ayew joins on season long loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
Unlikely as probably won't be involved against Fulham. Use today to get a few things sorted and report in first thing next week. Hit the ground running please!

Expect him to be in the bench

Provides cover for Wilf and Andros, whilst offering an alternative to Benteke/Sorloth

Last edited by 917L; 10-08-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:35 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
For me he’s another Sako we’ll be begging to get off the wage bill in a season or two.
That's the spirit Stavros, he hasn't played a game yet FFS.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:37 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I don't get some of you, you beg to buy a striker, so the club gets one, then you get on his back and slag him off without seeing him kick a ball for the club. On top of that everyone knows money is short, so spending 10m or more on a striker was never going to happen. So what is it you expect?
Perfect summary AJ.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:03 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Andre Ayew played for West Ham and Swansea not Jordan.

Jordan was Swansea's top scorer with 11 and won player's player of the season.
Huge apologies. I thought someone had said that was the player! In that case I had better shut up and wait.
Good luck to him in any event.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:39 PM
Raver

out vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am disappointed that my 'Ayew sitting comfortably' joke has been entirely unappreciated.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by out vile jelly View Post
I am disappointed that my 'Ayew sitting comfortably' joke has been entirely unappreciated.
And you wonder why.......
Old 10-08-2018, 04:32 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianace View Post
I was thinking the same...
Old 10-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Anders

lowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was probably tired. Boring interview.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I didn't know his mother and father were possibly involved in match fixing in ghana
Old 10-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Anders

lowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
His father is a massive legend. One of the best of all time.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Never knew Abedi Pele was their father.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:20 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianace View Post
Got the impression his English isn't the best and was struggling a bit
Old 10-08-2018, 08:21 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
I didn't know his mother and father were possibly involved in match fixing in ghana
Can they fix it for us to win the FA Cup?
Old 10-08-2018, 08:38 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Obviously hasn't heard about the importance of first impressions