Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-08-2018, 06:18 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Disenchantment.

I'm a huge fan of Matt Groening, mainly because he's creator of the funniest comedy show ever (series 2 to 11) and the brilliant and very underrated Futurama.
Well Disenchantment is out soon on Netflix/Amazon Fire stick and rumour has it that it's a gem.
Can't wait.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Thought this was going to be another thread about the transfer window
Old 10-08-2018, 07:51 PM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really looking forward to this. I am a huge fan of futurama so I am optimistic
Old 10-08-2018, 07:54 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I'm a huge fan of Matt Groening, mainly because he's creator of the funniest comedy show ever (series 2 to 11) and the brilliant and very underrated Futurama.
Well Disenchantment is out soon on Netflix/Amazon Fire stick and rumour has it that it's a gem.
Can't wait.
I loved the Simpsons up until series 15 - can't watch new ones but I agree he made the best ever comedy. Homer the greatest comic character of all time.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:02 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Really looking forward to this. I am a huge fan of futurama so I am optimistic
Quiet you!
Old 10-08-2018, 08:03 PM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shut up and take my money!
Old 10-08-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
I loved the Simpsons up until series 15 - can't watch new ones but I agree he made the best ever comedy. Homer the greatest comic character of all time.
Homer will never be bested as the funniest comic creation.
Mr Burns comes a close 2nd though.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:21 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Homer will never be bested as the funniest comic creation.
Mr Burns comes a close 2nd though.
Clancy Wiggum and Moe Sizlak are up there too...

Randy Marsh from South park also
Old 10-08-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Clancy Wiggum and Moe Sizlak are up there too...

Randy Marsh from South park also
My 3rd best Simpsons character would actually be Bart.
I know the show was based around him at the start until the writers realised they could get more mileage from Homer but Bart has had some of the very best lines imo.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
My 3rd best Simpsons character would actually be Bart.
I know the show was based around him at the start until the writers realised they could get more mileage from Homer but Bart has had some of the very best lines imo.
I think the shoe was so great because of so many excellent characters

Kenny and Carl always crack me up
Old 10-08-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I think the shoe was so great because of so many excellent characters

Kenny and Carl always crack me up
Another great character for me is Ned Flanders. And Rod and Todd.
It upsets me a bit watching these new episodes because I remember how great it used to be.
I've watched, and still continue to watch, the classic years to this day and even though I've watched episodes from that era probably 40 to 50 times over, they still make me laugh.
A sign of a yet to be bettered comedy.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Another great character for me is Ned Flanders. And Rod and Todd.
It upsets me a bit watching these new episodes because I remember how great it used to be.
I've watched, and still continue to watch, the classic years to this day and even though I've watched episodes from that era probably 40 to 50 times over, they still make me laugh.
A sign of a yet to be bettered comedy.
Agreed I still watch them but not if it's after series 15. The way they put depth to all characters is great- like even Barney. Watched the one where Maude Flanders dies the other day. The conversation where ned blames himself and homer states all the reasons he could be blamed is funny. 'It was I who parked in the ambulance bay which prevented any possible resuscitation' lol
Old 10-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Agreed I still watch them but not if it's after series 15. The way they put depth to all characters is great- like even Barney. Watched the one where Maude Flanders dies the other day. The conversation where ned blames himself and homer states all the reasons he could be blamed is funny. 'It was I who parked in the ambulance bay which prevented any possible resuscitation' lol
What I think defined The Simpsons at its peak was its pathos.
I used to think Pathos was near Crete.

It had biting humour and satire but all done with warmth (just listen to the background music to see/hear that) but sadly those days are long gone.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:40 AM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Simpsons gets a lot of flack. True it's not a patch on its golden age but given how long it's fun that's not really surprising, that after decades it's now just ok to good is itself pretty impressive in its own right.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
The Simpsons gets a lot of flack. True it's not a patch on its golden age but given how long it's fun that's not really surprising, that after decades it's now just ok to good is itself pretty impressive in its own right.
I think my favourite ever episode, amongst very many, was 'A Fish Called Selma.'
The late great Phil Hartman voiced Troy McClure (another great character) and was the main reason that this episode was so great.
Brilliantly funny but also very poignant. And that's what made The Simpsons so great.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think my favourite ever episode, amongst very many, was 'A Fish Called Selma.'
The late great Phil Hartman voiced Troy McClure (another great character) and was the main reason that this episode was so great.
Brilliantly funny but also very poignant. And that's what made The Simpsons so great.
"Hahaha that story is so funny! Now you tell one..."
Old 11-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Ralph Wiggum close thread
Old 11-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Ralph Wiggum close thread
"Me fail English, that unpossible"

Yeah I might watch a little too much Simpsons...
Old 11-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
My cats breath smells like cat food
Old 11-08-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
"Hahaha that story is so funny! Now you tell one..."
Absolutely brilliant.