Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Palace Addict

trufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S View Post
I wonder if the QPR job is a bit too close to 'doing a Palace' for TP though... can't shake the feeling he has higher pretensions about himself and he wants a Newcastle or a Villa, rather than another club trying to establish itself, with stadium & training ground upgrades etc required.
Point taken. But from what I've seen QPR are further down the road with the upgrades than we are - and have the multi-millions to fund it in addition to bolstering their playing squad with the sort of players Pulis would want. If he does go there, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see messrs Crouch, Walters and Etherington following close behind.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:57 PM

Will S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post
Point taken. But from what I've seen QPR are further down the road with the upgrades than we are - and have the multi-millions to fund it in addition to bolstering their playing squad with the sort of players Pulis would want. If he does go there, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see messrs Crouch, Walters and Etherington following close behind.
I'm in denial. Right now we should finish above QPR and Burnley even if we have a bad season. If Pulis goes there, we all know Rangers will be okay...

I'm hoping the fact that Les Ferdinand was sat next to Fernandes today means a gilet is being dusted down though...
Old 05-10-2014, 07:01 PM

Billy Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S View Post
I'm in denial. Right now we should finish above QPR and Burnley even if we have a bad season. If Pulis goes there, we all know Rangers will be okay...

I'm hoping the fact that Les Ferdinand was sat next to Fernandes today means a gilet is being dusted down though...
Move 'Arry upstairs with his protege taking the hot seat? Interesting.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:21 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't see Pulis going there unless they offer him fortunes.
I would have thought he would wait a while for something bigger.
I blind man can see that QPR on and of the pitch are a disaster waiting to happen.
I can honestly see them being the next pompey.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:52 PM

Will S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
I blind man can see that QPR on and of the pitch are a disaster waiting to happen.
I hope so x 4
Old 05-10-2014, 08:11 PM

Friskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
they started doing well, forcing the dildo merchants to give him a chance
Well, yes.

But some on here were convinced it was a done deal, zero doubt about it. I think we can all agree that he had nothing lined up now which makes his departure even more bizarre.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:11 PM

Friskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Doubt it. They've started making cut backs already (including the wage bill) despite getting promoted.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
Well, yes.

But some on here were convinced it was a done deal, zero doubt about it. I think we can all agree that he had nothing lined up now which makes his departure even more bizarre.
I don't agree. I've said on here before that a source I trust told me that he was promised the Villa job by some seriously rich Russians but the takeover hasn't gone through and Lambert had his contract extended after a flukey start to the season.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 05-10-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
I don't agree. I've said on here before that a source I trust told me that he was promised the Villa job by some seriously rich Russians but the takeover hasn't gone through and Lambert had his contract extended after a flukey start to the season.
Sounds likely.

I'll add Villa to the Newcastle, QPR and West Ham certainties.

Last edited by Friskey; 05-10-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:18 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Guys, Pulis left to join Newcastle. No I mean West Ham, no I mean Villa. No I mean...who lost yesterday....ah QPR, yeah I heard he left to join QPR where he wants to sign Crouch for 80m.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
He also emptied Parish's bank account before doing so. Evil man.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Whatever the reasons behind his departure two days before the season started, some on here were convinced it was all Parishes fault, tapped up or otherwise. Maybe the two men signed a clause in his release agreement preventing Pulis from buggering off somewhere else straightaway, nobody knows, and those who do rightly arent saying.

Lets hope whoever Pulis joins next gets relegated. Anyone who leaves a club two days before a season starts either has zero integrity or massive indecision issues. Given what happened at his previous clubs I suspect the former but there you go. Whoever gets him next is getting a hugely divisive manager.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:56 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Staggering to think of the criticism Tony Pulis still receives when you consider what he achieved for us, and surely that is what he should be judged on. The facts are he inherited a team on its knees, a club without much direction from the Top hence why there were not many takers to become manager, also a club heading for possibly the most embarrassing record in the premiership history. To then turn our fortunes around to the extent where we finished in a position we could only dream about, and all of that achieved with hardly any costly change in playing personnel, was even more staggering. These achievements was recognised by many when he was made "Manager of the Year" and in doing so putting the name of OUR CLUB on the lips of most football fans, where as previously we were the laughing stock by how things were being conducted.
Yet we have people on here making so many assumptions as to why he left without justification and knowing the full facts. Why not just accept there were disagreements on how the club should move forward and what was needed to do so between Steve Parish and himself, to the extent where the working relationship became untenable.
As for the timing of his leaving, yes it was unfortunate, but surely better than just dragging on knowing there could only be one outcome, as for being in demand! naturally he would be after his achievements, but as we see he is still unattached to any club, so clearly there were no sinister reasons for him leaving, as some suggest.
He is now history, lets move on and just be grateful for what he achieved for the club and simply wish him all the best for the future. Now just focus on giving our support to Neil Warnock and hope he can bring us as much success as his predecessor, as what really matters is the well being of CPFC.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:03 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Guys, Pulis left to join Newcastle. No I mean West Ham, no I mean Villa. No I mean...who lost yesterday....ah QPR, yeah I heard he left to join QPR where he wants to sign Crouch for 80m.
Point taken re: accusations of having a job lined up but there is no doubt in my mind that he left at a time where he felt he'd most likely get a PL job before xmas with a club / board that were prepared to open up a cheque book without questions of Coates family proportions.

If looking at it from a hard-nosed business point of view then few would criticise the logic. If looking at it from a does he give a **** about the club and what about the players he left behind point of view then the impressions of the man dimmed in many people's view. Particularly in light of what SW16 girl posted about his past and reflecting on what Speroni said yesterday.

In one way or another, all of our last three managers have had their reputations amongst many of the Palace fan-base tarnished after they left. Part of that is the nature of the beast, part of it is that actions surrounding their departure have been a bit of a tough pill to swallow.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 06-10-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Staggering to think of the criticism Tony Pulis still receives when you consider what he achieved for us, and surely that is what he should be judged on. The facts are he inherited a team on its knees, a club without much direction from the Top hence why there were not many takers to become manager, also a club heading for possibly the most embarrassing record in the premiership history. To then turn our fortunes around to the extent where we finished in a position we could only dream about, and all of that achieved with hardly any costly change in playing personnel, was even more staggering. These achievements was recognised by many when he was made "Manager of the Year" and in doing so putting the name of OUR CLUB on the lips of most football fans, where as previously we were the laughing stock by how things were being conducted.
Yet we have people on here making so many assumptions as to why he left without justification and knowing the full facts. Why not just accept there were disagreements on how the club should move forward and what was needed to do so between Steve Parish and himself, to the extent where the working relationship became untenable.
As for the timing of his leaving, yes it was unfortunate, but surely better than just dragging on knowing there could only be one outcome, as for being in demand! naturally he would be after his achievements, but as we see he is still unattached to any club, so clearly there were no sinister reasons for him leaving, as some suggest.
He is now history, lets move on and just be grateful for what he achieved for the club and simply wish him all the best for the future. Now just focus on giving our support to Neil Warnock and hope he can bring us as much success as his predecessor, as what really matters is the well being of CPFC.
Just like with DF, I do not understand why being grateful for the good things people have done for CPFC overrides being vexed at the bad things they have done. The TP example is like someone cooking you a roast dinner and then throwing it on your lap instead of putting it on the table for you to eat.

I think most people are capable of getting behind the club and are not crying into their tea about Pulis, but of course they have an opinion, and an interest in his next move. Absolutely no need in having to 'move on' (whatever that means). And if Pulis' walkout ultimately leads to all his good work being undone by our relegation, why should any of us wish him the best for the future? If anything, the thanks for keeping us up followed by the **** you for leaving us in the shit should result in ambivalence at best regarding his future success.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It really isn't "staggering" at all.

Football is an emotional, passionate pastime and many, many fans from just about every walk of life follow their team just as we do at Palace. Some live for the next match and the reflected glory and despair it brings and the pronouns 'we' and 'us' are commonplace.

When a 'hero', one whose name has been chanted by thousands at times of great euphoria. When the final whistle is blown and a match is won or survival against the odds is achieved, that 'hero' is worshiped by the thousands.

As it was with Freedman and so too with Pulis.

Of course there is a difference between the two. Apart from the obvious it took a considerable amount of time for Pulis to be taken to the bosom of if not all, most Palace fans. However when it finally happened at the end of the amazing Liverpool match, the adoration for Pulis was heartfelt and some of this was again seen on a smaller scale at Fairfield on the Awards Night.

It is precisely because fans do not know (and cannot know) the full facts of why these two 'heroes' left so unexpectedly and so suddenly that hurt emotions run so high. Many will take great pleasure in their former 'heroes' future failure, indeed many will wish it to happen with a passion.

This is the way life works and this emotion is not confined to football or Palace fans who feel this way. Hurt is personal.

Last edited by RAB; 06-10-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:46 AM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Good points but as it is a "thread" about TP let me add my view

He was bloody brilliant for CPFC, saved it from oblivion, gave us - the fans pride and fun - I believe the reasons he briefly gave for leaving and wish him the best, the very best.

Indeed if I won a bundle on the lottery tomorrow, could buy the club, I would rehire TP and give him everything he required, plus NW as assistant
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
He was bloody brilliant for CPFC, saved it from obliviont
Yes to the first.

The second is a bit OTT. And who knows - another manager might have saved us from relegation. TP did it, for sure; but he's no Messiah.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-10-2014, 10:56 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bournemouth - had financial issues
West Ham - had to be bought out by Dildo Bros to avoid administration
Pompey - Administration
Southampton - Administration
Pompey - Administration
Spurs - Owner now looking to sell after losing millions
QPR..............

Theres something about Harry.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
Good points but as it is a "thread" about TP let me add my view

He was bloody brilliant for CPFC, saved it from oblivion, gave us - the fans pride and fun - I believe the reasons he briefly gave for leaving and wish him the best, the very best.

Indeed if I won a bundle on the lottery tomorrow, could buy the club, I would rehire TP and give him everything he required, plus NW as assistant
Really?