Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-09-2014, 06:41 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Interesting thread going on Holmesdale online saying it all related to Pulis's bonus . Nothing to do with transfer fees as both parties have stated.
Taking as gospel on twitter and used as more dirty agaisnt Sir Tony.

Even if he did collect his bonus and walk, the bonus was agreed for keeping us up.

We stayed up and the bonus was paid. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by TheMexicanHorse; 19-09-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 19-09-2014, 06:44 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post
wow i've seen a few mentions on the bbs of how tony pulis uses "his friends in the press" but is the normal way to do an interview?turn up late at night and stay the night as a guest before interviewing over breakfast and a 2 hour cycle ride! sounds a bit over friendly and unprofessional to me?
You do know how the media works, right?

It was clearly all down to Matt Lawton and the Daily Mail we stayed up last season.

Three cheers.
Old 19-09-2014, 07:05 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
He should be paraded on the pitch. He will get a hero's return wherever he goes at Selhurst.

Gentleman. Tactician. Visionary.
..Manager who walks out on his team 2 days before the start of the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 19-09-2014, 07:11 PM

ob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowob13 will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
You do know how the media works, right?

It was clearly all down to Matt Lawton and the Daily Mail we stayed up last season.

Three cheers.
no i dont really know how they work ,cant say i take a lot of notice usually preferring to just read the summary and opinions on here
Old 19-09-2014, 08:40 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:

Even if he did collect his bonus and walk, the bonus was agreed for keeping us up.

I doubt if this rumour is true,but are you telling me that just because you have a massive boner for pulis you would be ok with him pocketing money and walking out on the club you support 2 days before the season?
Old 19-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Give him a good budget but give him free reign on it

Giving him 25m to spend would have basically guaranteed survival anyway.

We may go down now and be 60m a season worse off
Guarantee? You see, that's where any respect gets lost in a post. No such thing. Fulham spent huge sums to stay up and come back up. Now, they had ridiculous appointments - Pulis much better and organised. But guaranteed? Cobblers.

And precisely what is meant by 25m? Fees? Salary? Because either alone means nothing. I know people mention, oh, get a contract that falls if relegated. Players in demand won't sign them. So, a player will only agree a move on 3 years , 100k a week that alone on one player is 15 mill.

I don't think it may have been handled well. But who knows.

Mexican Horse loves Tony because of his sartorial elegance. It's the shiny track suit and Primark baseball cap. And Ralph boxers.
Old 19-09-2014, 09:12 PM

L'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think it was worth a calculated gamble with the calibre of manager we had, if the premier league manager of the year isnt backed, who will be? this summer was our chance to establish ourselfs as a premier league club.

a big lol at this

anyone else that believes this gets another big lol from me
Old 19-09-2014, 10:11 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Taking as gospel on twitter and used as more dirty agaisnt Sir Tony.

Yes there is. The bonus was paid early on request, shortly after which he walked. That looks fairly premeditated to me.

Last edited by Stellavista; 19-09-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 19-09-2014, 10:13 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
If he turns up next to me he would get nothing but full respect and a handshake.
I'm sure he would, and also from other fans. Then again. I'm also sure there are more than a few who would like to let him know what they think.
Old 19-09-2014, 10:41 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'kooch View Post
a big lol at this

anyone else that believes this gets another big lol from me

you can lol all you want but I very much doubt we would have been relegated under Pulis.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 19-09-2014, 11:19 PM

alf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Interesting thread going on Holmesdale online saying it all related to Pulis's bonus . Nothing to do with transfer fees as both parties have stated.
I have also heard rumours that TP leaving had something to do with his bonus payment.
Old 19-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Our day will come Again!

baldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
you can lol all you want but I very much doubt we would have been relegated under Pulis.
You're right he would have been sacked before that
You should stop posting until you wake up.......You're in dream land!!!
Old 19-09-2014, 11:24 PM
A Different Gravy

cooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecooperman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some on here finding closure difficult - not really tough love but...

He did a great job, which was recognised by his peers - but blew his cv by the timing of departure (and he knows it).

He's gone - he ain't coming back

Time to move on - look ahead and support the manager, owners and most importantly, the players who feed off the atmosphere we can create - let's just enjoy watching palace in the most exciting league in the world 😃
Old 20-09-2014, 07:31 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagle68 View Post
You're right he would have been sacked before that
You should stop posting until you wake up.......You're in dream land!!!
So are we more are less likely to be relagated this season now he has left?

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 20-09-2014, 07:38 AM
"reluctant buyers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I doubt if this rumour is true,but are you telling me that just because you have a massive boner for pulis you would be ok with him pocketing money and walking out on the club you support 2 days before the season?
Phil, define 'pocketing the money'?

If he had 'pocketed the money' then walked down the road to join a rival club in our league (hello Mr. Dowie) then of course I wouldn't be too pleased, although I still wouldn't forget his achievements.

The fact he walked away from a situation which he wasn't comfortable with, instead of been paid a nice wage of a week, for me, shows the dignity of the man.

Now the fact he didn't leave and take over at rival team, suggests to me anyway, that there was more deep underlying issues this summer with the club's management and the structure.

I'm surprised Phil, a man of your political viewpoint, doesn't respect the fact that Tony didn't want to work with at worst ways, a raving racist or at best, someone who was silly enough to use work e-mail to send 'banter' messages whilst being involved in multi million pound transfer deals.

Andreas Cornelius. Say no more.
Old 20-09-2014, 07:40 AM
"reluctant buyers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yes there is. The bonus was paid early on request, shortly after which he walked. That looks fairly premeditated to me.
Has there been actual any OFFICIAL confirmation from EITHER party that Tony's bonus was paid early?

No.

But hey, it's on twitter so...
Old 20-09-2014, 07:42 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
Some on here finding closure difficult - not really tough love but...

He did a great job, which was recognised by his peers - but blew his cv by the timing of departure (and he knows it).
He's gone - he ain't coming back

Time to move on - look ahead and support the manager, owners and most importantly, the players who feed off the atmosphere we can create - let's just enjoy watching palace in the most exciting league in the world ��
A great concise summary. I'm getting past 'peak Pulis' now, or at least think I am. His next move will probably bring the feelings to the fore again, but would rather now just focus on supporting the team in the massive task ahead this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 20-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Our day will come Again!

baldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So are we more are less likely to be relagated this season now he has left?
Relagated!!!
Go wash your mouth out we're not going down.

I find it strange that so many think that TP kept us up all by himself.

Would he have been able to do the same thing with any squad of players???

I don't think so our squad had and always has had a togetherness plus the fans played a big part.
Old 20-09-2014, 09:33 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Has there been actual any OFFICIAL confirmation from EITHER party that Tony's bonus was paid early?

No.

But hey, it's on twitter so...
Of course there hasn't. Why would there be?
I don't, and never have, used twitter.
Old 20-09-2014, 10:28 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Phil, define 'pocketing the money'?

If he had 'pocketed the money' then walked down the road to join a rival club in our league (hello Mr. Dowie) then of course I wouldn't be too pleased, although I still wouldn't forget his achievements.

The fact he walked away from a situation which he wasn't comfortable with, instead of been paid a nice wage of a week, for me, shows the dignity of the man.

Now the fact he didn't leave and take over at rival team, suggests to me anyway, that there was more deep underlying issues this summer with the club's management and the structure.

I'm surprised Phil, a man of your political viewpoint, doesn't respect the fact that Tony didn't want to work with at worst ways, a raving racist or at best, someone who was silly enough to use work e-mail to send 'banter' messages whilst being involved in multi million pound transfer deals.

Andreas Cornelius. Say no more.

He wanted out. But instead of doing so in a dignified manner at the end of last season; he ran through the summer enjoying Brazil and America, signed next to no one, then insisted he got loyalty/bonus payments brought forward and as soon as they had cleared walked out 2 days before the start of the season.

I think the best we can say is this club never right for him or vice versa, we however helped resuscitate his career and he did a remarkable job in keeping us up.

He used us and treated the club with contempt, but his performance while in charge can not be criticized in terms of results. To take the team to the position we finished in is surely one of the best ever examples of short term football management in top flight football history.

We are in a far better place than we were this time last season thanks to Tony Pulis, but we are in a slightly worse place than we could be thanks to Tony Pulis.