Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Mortgage tax? Stamp duty? I don't remember ever paying either of those? Haven't bought a property for a long time, though.
There is an absolutely vicious law for falling behind on mortgage payments, mind.
Depends on the nature of the property and if you are buying from outside; new build, buying an existing place or in a development area (not sure on the last). Varies between the regions I believe (I only know Tropical to a small extent). But it is certainly a fair bit more than the UK on average when it all totals up. I'm sure locals with connections and expertise would be able to cut it.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
Once we leave the EU will you not be allowed dual nationality?
Not as things stand, there's a petition going round. I expect they'll sort something out but best to keep the pressure on.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Depends on the nature of the property and if you are buying from outside; new build, buying an existing place or in a development area (not sure on the last). Varies between the regions I believe (I only know Tropical to a small extent). But it is certainly a fair bit more than the UK on average when it all totals up. I'm sure locals with connections and expertise would be able to cut it.
I did pay VAT, but I got it back one way and another.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
What about all those UK citizens who have retired to Spain/France etc. They will not have been working in those countries so not contributing - do they count? Or is that "positive residency"?
In Spain, it could be regarded as similar. You need NI to buy property or even if you rent then NI is advisable. You pay VAT on house purchase but it is also treated as a form of ID so used for all sorts. If you are there sufficiently, as most retirees will be, then you should take out residency.

France is different and unsure of all the ins & outs.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:46 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mortgage tax? Stamp duty? I don't remember ever paying either of those? Haven't bought a property for a long time, though.
There is an absolutely vicious law for falling behind on mortgage payments, mind.
I was asked recently by a Spaniard what was more expensive in Spain than where I live in England and I could only readily think of four things. Motorway tolls, McDonalds, buying a new house and some fruits imported out of season. Madrid and Barcelona may be different.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I was asked recently by a Spaniard what was more expensive in Spain than where I live in England and I could only readily think of four things. Motorway tolls, McDonalds, buying a new house and some fruits imported out of season. Madrid and Barcelona may be different.
Just about anything at the drugstore as well.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:47 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
In Spain, it could be regarded as similar. You need NI to buy property or even if you rent then NI is advisable. You pay VAT on house purchase but it is also treated as a form of ID so used for all sorts. If you are there sufficiently, as most retirees will be, then you should take out residency.

France is different and unsure of all the ins & outs.
Isn't the NIE the non resident equivalent of an ID card or National Insurance number?
Old 29-07-2016, 04:49 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Well we can double our 15% to 30 and still be 70% in fish stocks better off without the EU Pirates!
Cheap fish and Chips should only be available to out voters!
Out voters can have discount fish and chips (I'm allowing chips but potatoes aren't fished you know) if they foot the bill for the costs of Brexit.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Just about anything at the drugstore as well.
Argh yes. I had some hey fever unexpectedly in May last year and a pack of tablets was 9 euros. The cheapest thing on the other hand are ciggies.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Isn't the NIE the non resident equivalent of an ID card or National Insurance number?
Not exactly non residents - it's what I have. Non nationals.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:54 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Out voters can have discount fish and chips (I'm allowing chips but potatoes aren't fished you know) if they foot the bill for the costs of Brexit.
I'm sure the Irish will supply!
Old 29-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes but in terms of the question raised by Mat/sw16girl, it may be equivalent IF the agreement on acquired rights is framed in those terms.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Argh yes. I had some hey fever unexpectedly in May last year and a pack of tablets was 9 euros. The cheapest thing on the other hand are ciggies.
Yes, baccy is cheap as chips. Is your place in Alicante / Comunidad Valenciana?
Old 29-07-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Yes but in terms of the question raised by Mat/sw16girl, it may be equivalent IF the agreement on acquired rights is framed in those terms.
From what I can see the big issue with leaving the EU in France and Spain will be capital gains tax. In France CGT when you sell a house is far higher for non EU citizens, often Russians. The other issue is inheritance tax which I think is weird in Spain. I might be wrong but I think a spouse has to pay inheritance tax when the partner dies? Although I'm not sure about that.
Old 29-07-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, baccy is cheap as chips. Is your place in Alicante / Comunidad Valenciana?
Yes, in Castellon contados.
Old 29-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
From what I can see the big issue with leaving the EU in France and Spain will be capital gains tax. In France CGT when you sell a house is far higher for non EU citizens, often Russians. The other issue is inheritance tax which I think is weird in Spain. I might be wrong but I think a spouse has to pay inheritance tax when the partner dies? Although I'm not sure about that.
That depends on where you live. There is something weird like that in Catalunya, I think.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Wagon Painter

I realise that this is considered small fry but an article on the relocation of the 2 EU agencies that the UK hosts: on the Banking Authority I suspect that the 2 countries cited here as front runners will not be the final home but if this is accurate then it may prove good news that the direction of travel seems to be not a big financial centre itself, as that colours the work of the agency & in turn that may not be good for UK's future non-EU financial services.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-08-2016, 11:59 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
He's still decorating?
Should get a Polish builder in...
Old 02-08-2016, 12:01 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake and Eat It View Post
Because thems the rules
Did anybody else not enjoy the irony of a poster called "Cake and eat it" telling El Aguila that he can't have his cake and eat it?
Old 02-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
Did anybody else not enjoy the irony of a poster called "Cake and eat it" telling El Aguila that he can't have his cake and eat it?
I did titter a bit to myself.

Anyway, this is interesting, I think. On the question of decentralisation, it's worth noting that the EBA and EMA are currently both located in London, whereas:

pain’s Deputy Prime-Minister Soraya Saez de Santa Marķa said on Thursday (28 July) that the central government will work “closely and in coordination” with the Catalonian government to “fight for Barcelona as the seat of EMA”.

First malaria vaccine given green light by European regulators

The world’s first malaria vaccine has been given the green light by European regulators and could protect millions of children in sub-Saharan Africa from the life-threatening disease.

She recalled that the city became second when London was elected to host the EU drugs agency. In order to strengthen the Spanish candidacy this time, she announced that the Ministry of Health is preparing to publish a report backing Barcelona’s bid.

As for the EBA, Spain is promoting Madrid as the ideal place to relocate the agency.

Waiting for an office

But EU sources underlined that Spain and Italy already host numerous agencies, while five member states (Croatia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Romania and Slovakia) have none.

Spain has three agencies: the EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in Alicante, the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA) in Bilbao and the European Fisheries Control Agency (EFCA), in Vigo. It also hosts EU centres like the EU satellite Centre (Satcen) in Madrid, Fusion for Energy in Barcelona and a Joint Research Centre in Seville.