Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-10-2018, 11:45 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
for the first time, I really thought Steve sounded like he wasn't making that much sense on the FYP Podcast last week. Some of the arguments he made just didn't add up - maybe I wasn't listening carefully enough.

The whole section about the singing section totally missed the point. Why Jim Daly (comedian) didn't ask what happened or didn't happen in the summer, awful interviewing. Steve argued "we need this for the good of the club" then how did he manage to alienate the HF so badly they disbanded their group for a season?!?! Why didn't he see the value in it when it was first pitched to him over a year ago?

His nonsense about transfer dealings was also weak. We are exactly where we were last year: no fit, Premier League level striker at the club - that's pathetic for a Premier League team.

As for this stuff he has said about Brexit: leads me to be more worried about the way he judges situations at our club - totally respect a counter opinion but I just don't believe it to be true in this case - it's slowly pulling apart our society and causing a horrible division between people ideologically.

I don't doubt his passion for a second, but his arguments on that podcast were rudderless.

Last edited by alanlee11; 14-10-2018 at 11:51 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:48 AM

Hong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
for the first time, I really thought Steve sounded like he wasn't making that much sense on the FYP Podcast last week. Some of the arguments he made just didn't add up - maybe I wasn't listening carefully enough.

The whole section about the singing section totally missed the point. Why Jim Daly (comedian) didn't ask what happened or didn't happen in the summer, awful interviewing. Steve argued "we need this for the good of the club" then how did he manage to alienate the HF so badly they disbanded their group for a season?!?! Why didn't he see the value in it when it was first pitched to him over a year ago?

His nonsense about transfer dealings was also weak. We are exactly where we were last year: no fit, Premier League level striker at the club - that's pathetic for a Premier League team.

As for this stuff he has said about Brexit: leads me to be more worried about the way he judges situations at our club - totally respect a counter opinion but I just don't believe it to be true in this case - it's slowly pulling apart our society and causing a horrible division between people ideologically.

I don't doubt his passion for a second, but his arguments on that podcast were rudderless.
Yes, the BREXIT comments are plucked out of the air it seems.

Are we supposed to believe that we have bought players from EU countries because the paperwork is easier and work permits not required?

Doesn't seemed to have prevented other clubs buying South Americans for example.

I can't see any logic to suggest prices will be related to Brexit, it just rambling.

Perhaps SP sees himself as a major figure in the business world and his views need airing.

I would suggest more pressing we score goals right now than worry about BREXIT.

IMHO the transfer prices will only be influenced when the TV money stops growing and possibly decreasing
Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post

It’s always the same on these podcasts. They’re just so happy to have a ‘big name’ on their show that they don’t dare ask a difficult question.
Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Pity for many of us, the ticket price is likely to be beyond our reach after Brexit hits.
Not to mention all the helmets and bomb shelters we'll need to spin for when the sky falls in...
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
It’s always the same on these podcasts. They’re just so happy to have a ‘big name’ on their show that they don’t dare ask a difficult question.

I reckon Saddam faced a tougher line of enquiry from the Ba'athist State TV than Parish gets on Palace podcasts.
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Who could we have got? this window was short and tough because of the world cup, we had CW in training CB and AS we did sign Ayew a decent player as well as Meyer a good replacement for YC and a Luka back up/cb in Kouyate. Even Jose failed to get the players he wanted so while not perfect it was a good window.
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post

Who could we have got? this window was short and tough because of the world cup, we had CW in training CB and AS we did sign Ayew a decent player as well as Meyer a good replacement for YC and a Luka back up/cb in Kouyate. Even Jose failed to get the players he wanted so while not perfect it was a good window.
It has been the maverick signings of Benteke and Sakho, the money spent on PVA and Shlupp, plus wages that has put us in this position. We overpaid for all of them and are imo are probably paying them inflated wages.
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
They should get a BBSer on at the same time to ask the questions next time Parish is on. Get Penstone Eagle to have a go for example! I can well understand those who frequent the podcasts being reticent to upset the Eagles hierarchy (with the exception of Brighty!) but I'm sure there are plenty on here who wouldn't flinch at asking the difficult questions so many of us would want him to face.