Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Try washing Maz.
Youíre over 9 years old, yes?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Youíre over 9 years old, yes?
Like your socks?
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM

Walter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Maz loves the royals .. I'm a republican... So?
You guys just make things up!
I was responding to a poster who seemed to sign himself off as a "monarchist leaver". I didn't think he was making it up.

The leaver in general, Farage, gets upset if people don't stand up for the national anthem so I assume he is a monarchist.

I was just wondering how widespread this stance was among leavers, that's all.
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
As it is.

Much older and more historic than any British city.

Facts can be your friends, you know.
Mmmm, not sure you are correct there my dear old thing.

I would guess that Winchester is ‘older’ than Saville, although I am happy to be educated and corrected.

No more or less historic although it can lay claim to once being the capital of England (allegedly) whereas I don’t think Saville has ever been the capital of Spain. Afaik.

Anyway, an interesting debate.
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
Is there a tactic to filibuster this thread when it shows signs of cogent discussion?
Is this a theoretical question?
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Mmmm, not sure you are correct there my dear old thing.

I would guess that Winchester is Ďolderí than Saville, although I am happy to be educated and corrected.

No more or less historic although it can lay claim to once being the capital of England (allegedly) whereas I donít think Saville has ever been the capital of Spain. Afaik.

Anyway, an interesting debate.
I donít know about pre-roman Winchester at all, tbh. But at least you challenged my POV with facts, and who knows (google is my friend?!) you might be right.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
IIRC the Atrebates were the major pre Roman tribe in the area and they had Silchester as their capital. And I think Worksop is right about Winchester being the capital of England for a bit.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don’t know about pre-roman Winchester at all, tbh. But at least you challenged my POV with facts, and who knows (google is my friend?!) you might be right.
I may not be. I just remember reading about Winchester in Dunstan by Conn Iggulden and was surprised at its age and history, it being the administrative centre for the Royalty and hence its claim as ‘capital’ of England. I confess I don’t know much about Saville other than it looks fabulous and somewhere I’d love to go. Not in the summer though as I understand it to be one of the hottest places in Europe during July.
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I may not be. I just remember reading about Winchester in Dunstan by Conn Iggulden and was surprised at its age and history, it being the administrative centre for the Royalty and hence its claim as ‘capital’ of England. I confess I don’t know much about Saville other than it looks fabulous and somewhere I’d love to go. Not in the summer though as I understand it to be one of the hottest places in Europe during July.
Winchester was definitely the capital of Wessex, and when Wessex sort of took over the bits if England that became England, it sort of de facto became the capital of England as that was where the court was (when they weren’t having a fight).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Such a knob, Seville is easily matched within the UK and the world in everyway historically...so calling it the historic city of Seville is rather pointless.
Its not a competition. If Seville has historic interest, probably with elements of unique historic interest, you should congratulate that city as equally as you might congratulate Colchester, with its own unique history. You are a strange chap.

Quote:
Like when such types call some foreign City the holy city of ... Whatever it is.
Do we call Canterbury the Holy City of Canterbury .... no we say Canterbury!
Middle class Twat talk!
No we call Canterbury a city of medieval pilgrimage. That is part of its unique historic interest, and nothing to do with class talk, that really an odd comment.
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM

Walter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Winchester was the capital of England.
Wilton was the ancient capital of Wessex.
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Winchester was definitely the capital of Wessex, and when Wessex sort of took over the bits if England that became England, it sort of de facto became the capital of England as that was where the court was (when they werenít having a fight).
Yes that sound correct

I also think itís city and outlying areas were bigger than London at that time
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
Winchester was the capital of England.
Wilton was the ancient capital of Wessex.
Iíve never heard that before. Alfredís court (pre-England) was definitely at winchester
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Iíve never heard that before. Alfredís court (pre-England) was definitely at winchester
That's true.
But there is a sign as you enter Wilton proclaiming it as the ancient capital of Wessex.
Mind you, I'm not sure of the timing of all this.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
That's true.
But there is a sign as you enter Wilton proclaiming it as the ancient capital of Wessex.
Mind you, I'm not sure of the timing of all this.
There was once a wiltinshire, perhaps it was capital of that.

Also this whole period was known as the dark ages for good reason so everyone’s probably correct
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM

Quote:
There was once a wiltinshire, perhaps it was capital of that.

Also this whole period was known as the dark ages for good reason so everyoneís probably correct
I think you're write on both points.
Perhaps the ancient Wiltonians had an inflated view of Wiltshire!
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Such a knob, Seville is easily matched within the UK and the world in everyway historically...so calling it the historic city of Seville is rather pointless.
Like when such types call some foreign City the holy city of ... Whatever it is.
Do we call Canterbury the Holy City of Canterbury .... no we say Canterbury!
Middle class Twat talk!
There is a reason for that and it has nothing to do with pride, or middle class and a lot to do with Henry VIII and Presbyterianism.

The things that annoy brexiteers amuse me. Why do we not refer to cities as holy when we left the catholic world 500 years ago? ******* Europeans with their better names for their cities. Wankers

Last edited by Hpalace; Yesterday at 11:13 PM.