Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 31-01-2002, 06:57 PM

Georgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Virgin in Croydon are dishing out free, yes that's free sample CD's as you walk in on the left.

Most of the good ones have gone but I picked up The Charlatans (5 songs taken from last 2 albums, 2 live) if you like'em and "The Boutique" (Big Beat-House) if you like that kind of thing.

So right now I'm listening to...er...5."It's about time" - The Charlatans.

It's quite good.
Old 31-01-2002, 07:07 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by g23
Today I am mostly listening to Lambchop, Jimmy Cliff, Silver Jews and bloody Ryan Adams, who I'm trying really hard not to like - without any success.
He's got a great voice, you have to admit, though not quite as good as the bloke out of The Czars.

Lambchop's new album out on Feb 12th. Another corker by all accounts.
Old 31-01-2002, 07:11 PM
Self Portrait

g23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhino
Don't know The Czars - tell me more. Yeah, can't wait for new Lambchop - got a stellar review in Uncut (just started reading this after avoiding music press for about eight years and quite impressed)
Old 31-01-2002, 07:13 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by g23
(just started reading this after avoiding music press for about eight years and quite impressed)

Sellout!!!
Old 31-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm listening to Ja Rule's "Pain is Love" album, which i acquired yesterday
Old 31-01-2002, 07:42 PM

Hugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradise
When on my own it is my old favourites Plainsong and the late great Harry Chapin. If my kids lend them to me it is The Hives (they don't half sound like early Ramones), System of a Down and Rammestein (sp?).
Old 31-01-2002, 07:42 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by g23
Don't know The Czars - tell me more.
Yet another alt-country band. Not as odd as Lambchop, more your Willard Grant territory but with a sweeter, though still sad-eyed, voice

One line I just found on a fan site is a bit worrying for BBSers - There's nobody here gonna sit around and listen to your opinions // If this is what you want then get used to being alone - but it does give the general tone of melancholy that miserbale bastards everywhere can enjoy.

They've done stuff with Johnny Cash which can be no bad thing and their version of Leavin' On Your Mind I find quite staggering.
Old 31-01-2002, 07:44 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp

- There's nobody here gonna sit around and listen to your opinions // If this is what you want then get used to being alone - but it does give the general tone of melancholy that miserbale bastards everywhere can enjoy.
Right up G23's street then.
Old 31-01-2002, 10:49 PM
Self Portrait

g23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhino
TAK's got me nailed today.

I am pained at being a sell-out (although lots of names I recognise from my days as a fey indie elitist Melody Maker reader tend to pop up in Uncut) and The Czars sound well worth a listen. If they're anything like WGC I'm sold (out,again)
Old 01-02-2002, 12:08 AM
What, no boat?

Gone all disco

Larry Levine live at the Paradise Garage to liven me up before an evening out

Old 01-02-2002, 01:05 AM

Winston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the Resurrection
I am wading through about 70 demos from new bands who think that they are going to make it .
Old 01-02-2002, 03:29 AM

Tim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
After seeing Brian Wilson on Monday, loads of Beach Boys stuff and The Wondermints (3 tenths of his band).
Old 01-02-2002, 05:24 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well, I've bought the Chemical Brothers album, and I've been listening to it for quite a while.

It took a bit of time to get into, but I like it now.

Another album I'm listening to is Paul Wellers "Days of Speed" album, which is also superb.

And Muse's "Origin of Symetry" is still in my collection...probably one of my favourite albums ever.
Old 01-02-2002, 06:36 AM
Nice!

Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
New Order "Get ready" - having seen them twice last week!
Joy Division "Closer"

God I'm depressed !!!!!

I'm driving down the (NSW) coast next week on hols - anyone reccommend any suitable driving / holiday tunes?????
Old 01-02-2002, 01:17 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just bought The Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits.

Not bad.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:54 PM

Georgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by TAK
Gone all disco

Larry Levine live at the Paradise Garage to liven me up before an evening out

Wicked, absolutley wicked
Old 12-02-2002, 06:53 PM
What, no boat?

Quote:
Originally posted by PENGE P
New compilation - In the beginning there was rhythm -

Includes 23 SKIDOO, A CERTAIN RATION, THE SLITS, GANG OF FOUR, THROBBING GRISTLE ETC

A must for all old punk/early dance fans
This just arrived this morning, excellent but does make me feel a bit old now
Old 12-02-2002, 07:13 PM
Self Portrait

Today i am mostly listening to tracks from the new Lamchop and The Notwist albums, Belle and Sebastian's Electronic Renaissance, and Soft Machine's Volumes One & Two. Fantastische. What makes you happier than music, etymology and pointless political arguments?

Answer - Aki.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:52 PM
CANDUB

Pidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPidster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by g23
Today i am mostly listening to tracks from the new Lamchop and The Notwist albums, Belle and Sebastian's Electronic Renaissance, and Soft Machine's Volumes One & Two. Fantastische. What makes you happier than music, etymology and pointless political arguments?

Answer - Aki.
5 Star, Neil Diamond, anything that the bald winker Phil Collins has been involved with , Tweenies ( unplugged ), Secombe ( the acid years), my colleague, the cries of the dis-enfranchised, the wailings of the oppressed, the call of the wild, the unbearable lightness of being, the constant battle with reality versus myself, the boys from the blackstuff, the throne boyz three, the search for another answer to the question, "is Lamchop's(sic) "is A woman" cd worth buying??
Old 12-02-2002, 08:58 PM

as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216
Right now I'm listening to Vitalogy by Pearl Jam.