Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 26-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
8 Years Ago Today - Palace Entered Administration

I was going to bump the original thread but then I didn't want to give anyone a heart attack who saw the thread title on the home page!

8 years ago today it was also announced on the BBS by “BobDay” that we would be entering administration. It’s mental how far we have come in those 8 years. Although it wasn’t nice for the club (or it’s creditors) that we were in administration, I personally think we are better for it. We then had to go away to Newcastle the following day where we lost 2-0

Last edited by Scrumpy; 26-01-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 26-01-2018, 08:50 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is here
If I remember rightly the news came through while the players were in the air flying to Newcastle. I know I was at the game and it wasn't a good feeling. As you say look how far we have come.

Old 26-01-2018, 08:51 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I love you CPFC2010!
Old 26-01-2018, 09:36 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Tried to upload that great ‘Unsinkables’ poster created by Doof - but looks like most of the images have been deleted.

You can still sense the great spirit of the Palace support - not a hint of desperation at a very desperate time!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by CP Satellite; 26-01-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 26-01-2018, 09:37 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Best day of this century for our club ..From near extinction to premier league . A great story, somebody should make a film about it ..

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 26-01-2018, 09:42 AM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some Arsenal twat at work said "Good. We'll be able to Victor Moses on the cheap" Couldn't give him a slap as he worked for the client.
Old 26-01-2018, 09:44 AM

Big Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
"Going down. Are we ****. Minus 10 and we're staying up"
Old 26-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
I was going to bump the original thread but then I didn't want to give anyone a heart attack who saw the thread title on the home page!

8 years ago today it was also announced on the BBS by “BobDay” that we would be entering administration. It’s mental how far we have come in those 8 years. Although it wasn’t nice for the club (or it’s creditors) that we were in administration, I personally think we are better for it. We then had to go away to Newcastle the following day where we lost 2-0
A grim day in 2010.

Moses not allowed to play, only three subs and one of those - Matty Lawrence - came on after only 4 minutes. Clint Hill played on despite an injury.

Remember bumping into Away Day Eagle at Newcastle station the following morning and we wondered if the 10 point deduction would mean we'd finally get to see Palace play at Rochdale the following season. Happily for the club that has not come to pass
Old 26-01-2018, 10:00 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Without Simon Jordan's supreme business skills, we would never have had CPFC2010 take over the club.

So credit where credit is due.
Old 26-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Remember finding out as I entered the away section concourse after all those stairs at Newcastle. Will never forget the feeling, a bit like people say they remember where they were when the heard JFK died, or in my case Lady Di.

I don't think things turned out too badly in the end though, did they!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 26-01-2018, 10:17 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Sometimes you have to go through the rough to get to the smooth and appreciate it. Well, as smooth as being a Palace fan is......although most football fans would say their club is a basket case I'm sure.
Old 26-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Wasn't it announced on here by a one time poster (suspected of being associated with the administrators) well in advance of an official statement?
Old 26-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Wasn't it announced on here by a one time poster (suspected of being associated with the administrators) well in advance of an official statement?

Old 26-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Thanks. A rather disturbing glimpse down Memory Lane.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:26 AM
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
*BUMP*

8 years ago today Palace were saved from the brink of liquidation!
Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Massive thanks are due to the fans who turned up outside Lloyds to make our voice heard and obviously to CPFC2010 for saving the club and for everything that has happened since.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:54 AM
analyse this

bourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We don't have many golden days in our history, we still can't say this is the day we won the FA cup or Premiere league or this is the day we qualified for Europe, we may soon but not just yet
But this is undoubtedly the biggest day in our clubs history, we'd flirted a couple of times with it though had never reached one hour to extinction
I shall be out tonight and during the course will definitely raise a glass to those who stood outside and the four that did the business within
Onwards and Upwards
Old 01-06-2018, 11:56 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I love you CPFC2010!
This
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:57 AM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Patch View Post
"Going down. Are we ****. Minus 10 and we're staying up"
Possibly my greatest achievement coming up with that song
Old 01-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Mmmm Danone!

To view the link you have to Register or Login on Companies House makes for interesting reading.