Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-04-2014, 03:37 PM

salad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Millwall around mid 70's
Old 29-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Banned by Moderators

The Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_gilberts_hammer View Post
Think it was Sammy Morgan, crowd was 26,000+
You're probably right but as a nipper it felt like more than that.
Always knew we'd lost 1-0 though.
Thanks very much for confirming that mate.
Old 29-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Just trying my best

dartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betraydartfordeagle is like ice, their footing does betray
[QUOTE=Nork1;11708257]Orient, 5/5/79. Won 1-0... the last game before THAT home game which I never bloody got to but it seems 250,000 others were at.

Me as well, I was 15 and got there in the back of my dads work Ford Transit.
Old 29-04-2014, 03:46 PM

billy_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dodo View Post
You're probably right but as a nipper it felt like more than that.
Always knew we'd lost 1-0 though.
Thanks very much for confirming that mate.
Exact attendance was 26,235, Palace team as follows:

Hammond
Mulligan
Jump
Jefferies
Blyth
J Johnson
Whittle
Lindsay
Hill
Rogers
P.Taylor
Swindlehurst (sub)

Above taken from Crystal Palace: The Complete Record (Ian King)
Old 29-04-2014, 03:50 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bournemouth away 1987? We were 2 down inside 10 mins but 3-2 up by half time. Think it stayed 3-2 until full time.

Firework let off in the Palace seats and then the plod entered the Palace terrace, Lots of arrests but a decent introduction to away days!
Old 29-04-2014, 03:51 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Cannot remember the year, but it was Wimbledon away at SP I think.
Old 29-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Think it was Charlton away on a Tuesday night in our promotion season 1979. Remember loads of Palace and loads of fights on the terraces as one of the stands was closed ? One after that was Orient, how can you not become a Palace nut after those 2 games
Old 29-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney View Post
Bournemouth away 1987? We were 2 down inside 10 mins but 3-2 up by half time. Think it stayed 3-2 until full time.

Firework let off in the Palace seats and then the plod entered the Palace terrace, Lots of arrests but a decent introduction to away days!
Wow remember that, a fantastic weekend after meeting some girls on the train on the way down we went out with them after the football.
Old 29-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Banned by Moderators

The Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_gilberts_hammer View Post
Exact attendance was 26,235, Palace team as follows:

Hammond
Mulligan
Jump
Jefferies
Blyth
J Johnson
Whittle
Lindsay
Hill
Rogers
P.Taylor
Swindlehurst (sub)

Above taken from Crystal Palace: The Complete Record (Ian King)
That's surely a superb post!
I loved Peter Taylor so much.
I got his autograph so many times that in the end he knew my name.
And no, it wasn't odd obsessed little prat. It was Roy. And I loved him.
Broke my heart when he went to Spuzz.
Hated it when he became our manager cos i always knew it'd end up in failure.
My boy could never understand my love or loyalty for Taylor.
The stoopid little ponce.
Me boy. Not Taylor

Last edited by The Last Dodo; 29-04-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 29-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
think it was a 1-0 victory at White Hart Lane, over 20 years ago.

Which would make it
16.02.1992 H Division 1 0 - 1 Att - 19,834
OR
03.03.1990 H Division 1 0 - 1 Att - 26,181

according to a spurs website I found
Old 29-04-2014, 04:03 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Not necessarily the first but the most clearly remembered,FA cup against Finchley circa late 40s early 50s.

Far to upsetting to remember our display and how much of the game was viewed through the fog.
Old 29-04-2014, 04:15 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Leicester away in 2003. We absolutely dicked them for the first hour, and both Tommy Black and AJ missed easy chances.

Then they scored and that was it. 1-0.

Muzzy Izzett I think...
Old 29-04-2014, 04:18 PM

muswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Millwall away in 73/4 season: we lost 3-2

I hope I am wrong, but don't blame me, I voted remain
Old 29-04-2014, 04:18 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radders View Post
Nice one mate!

I was 14. Sounds about right. First time my mum let me go that far away from home without a parent!!
Can still remember your mum worrying bout trip. How is she mate? Dad n sis over hammers result yet? .
Old 29-04-2014, 04:21 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Arsenal away 1-1 79/80?.
Old 29-04-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Think it was Charlton away on a Tuesday night in our promotion season 1979. Remember loads of Palace and loads of fights on the terraces as one of the stands was closed ? One after that was Orient, how can you not become a Palace nut after those 2 games
If fulam was in a previous away game to that then some of the fighting was palace v palace.
Old 29-04-2014, 04:24 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
QPR Away 1997, I was 9.

We won 1-0, Hopkin scored from 20 yards.
Old 29-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flange View Post
Away at Brum scum circa 1988. Won 1 nil with a goal which went in straight from a corner.
Remember loads of police dogs barking outside (like a scene from a concentration camp) and lots of Zulu graffiti.

The men's loo consisted of three walls and a trench. Crap game
Should try walking out of ground after winning 0-6 there.
Old 29-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
Quote:
Reading away at Elm Park.

Think we won 3-2, Gilkes scored for them, Nebbling got one of ours, 198-something (open to answers)

I can also remember if you stood at the back of the terrace you looked straight down into the urinals, well classy!
Snap - I thought this was my first away game I went to on my own but I just checked the fixtures and this was my first away game ever. I went on Coach 2 - I was only 14 and told my Mum I was shopping in Lewisham!

September 19th 1987
Old 29-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nice one mate!

I was 14. Sounds about right. First time my mum let me go that far away from home without a parent!!
spooky!