Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 26-07-2017, 03:05 PM

fire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Football combination Result

Does anyone know where there are statistics for the Football combination results....in particular 1957-8 and Palace Brighton from November?
Old 26-07-2017, 10:45 PM

ian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire striker View Post
Does anyone know where there are statistics for the Football combination results....in particular 1957-8 and Palace Brighton from November?
From my records Palace defeated Brighton 4-2 at Selhurst Park on 16th November 1957. The goalscorers (in no particular order!) were Ray Farrell, Ron Brett, Peter Berry and Jimmy Murray. the singlesheet programme has the team as:-

Ray Potter, Henry(?) Collison, Alf Noakes, Arthur Proudler, Harold Redmond, Jimmy Sanders, Peter Berry, Ron Brett, Ray Farrell, Jimmy Murray, Graham Muxworthy.

I have all the fixtures and results for the Combination in 1957-58 but not all the goalscorers or the line-ups (yet!). Tony1947 may have though.
Old 27-07-2017, 08:24 AM

tony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post
From my records Palace defeated Brighton 4-2 at Selhurst Park on 16th November 1957. The goalscorers (in no particular order!) were Ray Farrell, Ron Brett, Peter Berry and Jimmy Murray. the singlesheet programme has the team as:-

Ray Potter, Henry(?) Collison, Alf Noakes, Arthur Proudler, Harold Redmond, Jimmy Sanders, Peter Berry, Ron Brett, Ray Farrell, Jimmy Murray, Graham Muxworthy.

I have all the fixtures and results for the Combination in 1957-58 but not all the goalscorers or the line-ups (yet!). Tony1947 may have though.
As Ian has said I do have the results and lineups for Palace in the football combination 57-58 if required ? Not a great season for our reserves finished 19th in the league and conceded 103 goals including 8 v Arsenal and 7 three times. We did score 7 ourselves at home to Luton. Ray Farrell was easily our leading scorer with 24 goals.
Old 27-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Grey Haired

geoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This thread has got me thinking that back in the days (70s) when was keeping my own records of combination scorers I never found out scorers or team from Swansea away in 1972/73 season, which was last game after first team had finished playing so result (4-2 loss I think) and team and scorers never appeared in a Palace programme and the Croydon Advertiser (very unusual for that time) did not have match report with line ups.
I Think Swansea were still 'Town' for that season.
Old 27-07-2017, 12:40 PM

fire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefire striker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
thanks, just bought the program and wondered about the result.
Old 27-07-2017, 01:10 PM

tony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffh View Post
This thread has got me thinking that back in the days (70s) when was keeping my own records of combination scorers I never found out scorers or team from Swansea away in 1972/73 season, which was last game after first team had finished playing so result (4-2 loss I think) and team and scorers never appeared in a Palace programme and the Croydon Advertiser (very unusual for that time) did not have match report with line ups.
I Think Swansea were still 'Town' for that season.
Yes it was a 2-4 defeat and was Swansea Town

Team was Towse, Chatterton, Parker, McCarthy, Brown, McAughtrie, Pain, Devonshire, Austin, Lindsay, Thomas. Pain & Thomas scored our goals. Can't remember how I got the details, possibly from a friend who used to go to Colindale newspaper library and fill in details.
Old 27-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Len Chatterton, later the groundsman?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 27-07-2017, 03:04 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Len Chatterton, later the groundsman?
That's going to be Nicky Chatterton, Len's son, who did a pretty good job for us in midfield in the mid 70's, although usually as cover.

Len did play for Palace I think, but it would have been around 30 years earlier as a Reserve or in Palace wartime fixtures in the 1940's.

In that Palace reserve line-up v Swansea is Alan Devonshire who got released by Big Mal in about 1974 and went on to be a legendary midfielder for West Ham - his Dad Les played for Palace - which is probably why Alan's Testimonial was West Ham v Palace.
Old 27-07-2017, 11:45 PM
Grey Haired

geoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegeoffh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony 1947 View Post
Yes it was a 2-4 defeat and was Swansea Town

Team was Towse, Chatterton, Parker, McCarthy, Brown, McAughtrie, Pain, Devonshire, Austin, Lindsay, Thomas. Pain & Thomas scored our goals. Can't remember how I got the details, possibly from a friend who used to go to Colindale newspaper library and fill in details.
Thanks Tony, (who was the non-playing sub ?) (Only joking) Is Colindale still there or is it all digital now?
Old 28-07-2017, 08:13 AM

Colindale closed in 2013, moved to Yorkshire. There is still some papers at St Pancras Library. Mostly on Micro-film and easier to obtain. We certainly made a mistake about Alan Devonshire and Terry Austin played for Ipswich Town and other clubs.
Old 31-07-2017, 05:07 AM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched Swindon T Res v Palace Res at the Country Ground in Dec 1972 ... same day as the 5-0 thrashing of Moan U.

Bill Roffey, the nugget full back, was skipper.

That is all.
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with …. "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."