Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 14-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Wasn't that the same day as the SAS storming the embassy and I think the world snooker championship final was also the same day. I remember thinking what an action packed day
Old 18-05-2014, 09:21 PM

Millip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Forest away in the SIMOD cup, Feb 1989. Left straight after school, dad drove, got there just after kick off. Lost 3-1 and then straight back home again. Good work by my dad who didn't (& still doesn't) follow football at all!
Old 19-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That was a big game. A lot of us up there. Finnigan v Franz Carr. Shattered dreams of Wembley were not dashed too long.
Old 19-05-2014, 12:41 AM

CPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Millwall at the Den in the mid sixties
Old 20-05-2014, 02:45 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
He should have had the 1990 FA Cup Final. Job done
Old 20-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Banned by Moderators

HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper HolmesdaleUpper
Tottenham in the 90s. We won 1 nil
Old 20-05-2014, 08:40 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Wasn't that the same day as the SAS storming the embassy and I think the world snooker championship final was also the same day. I remember thinking what an action packed day
I always associate that day with George Graham's testimonial v Chelsea, or it may have been Jim Cannon's first one?

Edit

It was George Graham's 05/05/80.

My first away game was at Highbury. It was on my 11th birthday, March 1980. I went with my Dad and Grandad, we drew 1-1, Liam Brady for them and a Gerry Francis penalty for us.

Last edited by dowieslovechild; 20-05-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 20-05-2014, 10:55 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
I always associate that day with George Graham's testimonial v Chelsea, or it may have been Jim Cannon's first one?

Edit

It was George Graham's 05/05/80.

My first away game was at Highbury. It was on my 11th birthday, March 1980. I went with my Dad and Grandad, we drew 1-1, Liam Brady for them and a Gerry Francis penalty for us.
Francis missed that penalty late on. Kenny scored for us that day - I was there with my Grandad as well!
Old 20-05-2014, 11:08 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom's Old Man View Post
Francis missed that penalty late on. Kenny scored for us that day - I was there with my Grandad as well!
It's was a double exciting game for me. My first away game and also my birthday

I remember Francis taking the penalty, I thought he scored it, but now you come to mention it Sansom's name and scoring is vaguely coming back to me. Not bad for 34 years ago! I still have the programme. My Grandad made me a massive football pitch birthday cake.
Old 20-05-2014, 11:38 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
1974 Delboy....... the day Don Rogers left as part of the deal with QPR, I would have said it was a Friday night game packed with Palace in front of one of the stands as well as at one end. Taylor was great that night but think it was Chatterton that scored, interesting train journey back into London

Edit 2 1 Delboy was 1976
It was the 1-0 '74 I was referring to as my first. I was in with the southend! I was also at the 2-1 as well. I was 15 :-)
Old 20-05-2014, 11:42 PM

Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Orient away, 1979. Won 1-0 I think.
Were they called Leyton Orient then or simply Orient?
Old 21-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Banned by Moderators

Norman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorman Nigel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Orient away, 1979. Won 1-0 I think.
One of the most memorable games in our history, your first game and you only 'think' it was 1-0 ?
Old 21-05-2014, 09:24 AM

neilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proud
1980 Nottingham Forest away, we lost 4-0 and Trevor Francis broke his leg
Old 21-05-2014, 10:12 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilncc View Post
1980 Nottingham Forest away, we lost 4-0 and Trevor Francis broke his leg
Hope your next away game was a bit better.
Old 21-05-2014, 10:14 AM

neilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proud
lol Francis was playing for them, next game was Manchester United away lost 2-1 in the league cup, got there late and missed all the goals
Old 21-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilncc View Post
lol Francis was playing for them, next game was Manchester United away lost 2-1 in the league cup, got there late and missed all the goals
Reminds me of 2007 went to Colchester Away. Latvian, Kirby, Slovak Eagle and I totally underestimated the walk from the pub we were in to Layer Road. Turned up 10 mins late and missed us go 1-0 up and Colchester have a man sent off. Been to some shocking Away grounds, but being in the Away end there quite literally felt like being shoved in a sheep pen at a farm.
Old 22-05-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Reminds me of 2007 went to Colchester Away. Latvian, Kirby, Slovak Eagle and I totally underestimated the walk from the pub we were in to Layer Road. Turned up 10 mins late and missed us go 1-0 up and Colchester have a man sent off. Been to some shocking Away grounds, but being in the Away end there quite literally felt like being shoved in a sheep pen at a farm.
shrewsbury away, the game after we missed all the pens against Brighton, what a shit hole. the man in the boat fishing the ball back was interesting
Old 23-05-2014, 05:23 PM

jonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Stamford Bridge .Charlie cooke testermonial late 70s
Old 23-05-2014, 10:03 PM

jonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Charlie cooke testimonial Stamford Bridge late 70s.
Old 24-05-2014, 01:36 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn63 View Post
Charlie cooke testimonial Stamford Bridge late 70s.
Was that the game where it absolutely poured down ,and they let all the plebs on the terraces into the stands to get out of it?