Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 23-01-2015, 02:05 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
Either Luton or Millwall sometime in the early 70's - not quite sure.
Old 23-01-2015, 02:15 PM

mickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiet09 View Post
24th January 1976, away v Leeds, FA Cup 4th round. You might be familiar with that one. My dad took me on the club "Special" as a 12th birthday treat, restaurant car and all.
Good timing, as its the 4th Round this weekend...

I found this picture the other day, sorry about the quality its a scan of a scan of an old slide. It's of me and my dad on the Special mentioned above. Can't remember if it was on the way there or back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan10005.jpg (1.35 MB, 63 views)
Old 23-01-2015, 02:27 PM

gazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saints 0-0 Palace 25th Jan 2006
Old 23-01-2015, 02:45 PM

pap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Charlton in the play offs, 1995 I think it was. We beat them 2-1 then 1-0 at the home game to play Leicester in the final.
Old 23-01-2015, 03:04 PM

CPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Friendly against Brighton 70's ,I was at school but remember being in the Summer. Anyone know the year ?
Old 23-01-2015, 03:30 PM

KevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Millwall away august 77 - We won 3-0.
Had to leave early as angry away fans arrived in our seating area.
My dad grabbed me and just pulled me out by the scruff of the neck just in time and we headed home.

Then 1978/79 season.. Away to Bristol Rovers on my own on the train.
won 1-0
Been addicted ever since.

It's cost me my marriage, umpteen relationships and about 30,000 quid.
108 different grounds and still counting.

Matt Lawrence .....May 2010!
Old 23-01-2015, 03:37 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiet09 View Post
Good timing, as its the 4th Round this weekend...

I found this picture the other day, sorry about the quality its a scan of a scan of an old slide. It's of me and my dad on the Special mentioned above. Can't remember if it was on the way there or back.
Old 23-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Norwegian Eagle

Nor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNor-Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Leicester - Palace 2-0 (09/10 season)

All you can drink Jack`n Coke day.. Can`t really say I remember anything special from that match. But I do remember that fat Leicester guy with no shirt on was given alot of attention.

Cheers
Old 23-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Probationary User

thnorfolk is playing for a contract
Brentford 2 Palace 1 - Sept 1963
Old 23-01-2015, 04:16 PM

EnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
23rd February 1990
Arsenal 4-0 Palace
Old 23-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrieagle View Post
aldershot 1975 lost 1 nil danny westwood 44th minute
heatbreak
i quickly learnt , it aint easy being a Palace fun .
Palace until i die

Commiserations, that match got a mention earlier in the thread. I'd been going to away matches for 11 years by then but the outcome of that match still baffles. How on earth did we lose? We were much the better side, and most of the crowd were Palace as well.
Old 23-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Groundhopper

WestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fulham, April 74' we won 3-1, circa 5-8,000 Palace fans packing the Putney End.
We lost 2-0 at home to them a couple of weeks later, and were relegated at seasons end.

As usual, my Dad drove us, we left late, he always did, and we strolled into the nearest turnstile, which was the home Hammersmith end. Fulham hasn't changed much, a pretty easy going bunch even then, plenty of Palace fans in that end evident when we scored.

Record of all my away games/grounds here;

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Hop till you drop!
Old 23-01-2015, 06:19 PM

crenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Leeds 11/12 - although second away game was the 1-3 at Brighton! (Not counting pre-season aways which I had been to before)
Old 23-01-2015, 06:21 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
The Den I think. I was a very intimidating place for a kid then. Loads of Dockers shouting their heads off with colourful language. I seem to recall Ron Heckman played for us on the wing and Cliff Holton. Peter Burridge played inside forward for them before his transfer to us.
Old 24-01-2015, 09:15 AM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Chelsea 1971 1-1. Jim Scott IIRC.
Old 26-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Probationary User

Year ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkYear ofthe Wolf sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
reading at the madejski c.2003
Old 27-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Probationary User

pete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Sorry , hit the wrong button - ignore!

Last edited by pete53; 27-01-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 27-07-2017, 06:19 PM

oddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Arsenal in the North Bank October 1994

Arsenal 1 Palace 2
Old 27-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Dan View Post
Remember a palace fan at this game shouting non-stop "you'll get nothing here Hurlock" to Terry Hurlock ex Millwall and then Saints
That was my old mate Ian Eagle and I was sitting next to him!When we played Southampton at home Hurlock was subbed and Ian raced along half the length of the Main Stand abusing him at close range.Poor old Hurlock ended up sprinting down the tunnel with Ian being restrained by the stewards from following him!Something to do with the Millwall connection.God he hated them!
Old 27-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Banned by Moderators

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stoke City FA cup I think about 71 . It was a draw , the replay at Selhurst was a draw as well ,Don Rodgers missed a pen and I think we lost the 2nd replay at Villa Park .

Went with a schoolpal and his aunt who was a regular on Coach one (we were on coach 2)