Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-04-2014, 10:24 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
Orient, can't for the life of me remember the year as dad has passed away, could have been the promotion year (79) stood by halfway line by the tunnel and it was full of palace...this thread made me research, this is the one

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Ogilvy; 29-04-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
southend 2-1 win 1973 me thinks.
I believe that was the game I went to as my first game away, without my parents but with my brother. I was about 14 and my brother was 4 years younger. We went by coach on this midweek game, palace supporters at the time looked after us.

It was just before Peter Taylor joined the club, I think that palace signed terry Venables and Ian Evans on that day. I remember going down to the pier after the game and having chips from a chippy before the coach took us back to selhurst.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:30 PM

Beneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wycombe Vs Palace Pre season 1999/2000 must have been 4 or 5, lost 4-1 Clinton scored for us.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:34 PM
On the learning curve

MENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton Easter Monday 1987
Palace aiming for the Play Offs and that lot heading for relegation, ain't won for months and wore shirts with NOBo on.
Just say we lost as per the norm down there,after the game,events around the ground and on the train home were perhaps best described as "interesting" to take in.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:35 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
I believe that was the game I went to as my first game away, without my parents but with my brother. I was about 14 and my brother was 4 years younger. We went by coach on this midweek game, palace supporters at the time looked after us.

It was just before Peter Taylor joined the club, I think that palace signed terry Venables and Ian Evans on that day. I remember going down to the pier after the game and having chips from a chippy before the coach took us back to selhurst.
1974 Delboy....... the day Don Rogers left as part of the deal with QPR, I would have said it was a Friday night game packed with Palace in front of one of the stands as well as at one end. Taylor was great that night but think it was Chatterton that scored, interesting train journey back into London

Edit 2 1 Delboy was 1976

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 29-04-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:41 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston the dog View Post
Don't think either were my first away match but these stick in the mind as very memorable ones

millwall 1-1... jim cannon punched it in way into injury time. teddy for them

leicester 4-4... george wood terrible clearance and they scored from what felt like midfield... think we were down 4-2 at half time and glenn pennyfather scored a cracker in the second half

anyone got youtubes of these?
Think the 4-4 has it's own thread in memory lane, cracking game.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:56 PM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
New Years Day 1990, Arsenal at Highbury. We lost 4-1 I think, all the goals before half time. Memories of being in one side of the Clock End and being lifted off my feet at times as it was so packed. I was 14 and hooked.
Old 29-04-2014, 11:13 PM
Banned by Moderators

EEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEEEEEEagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think it was Brighton in about 1979 and we lost 2 or 3 nil as I recall.
Old 29-04-2014, 11:17 PM

RobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Play Off final Vs Sheffield United, 1997, Wembley.
Old 29-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Less blimpy than before

Andycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton away 1988. Lost, got lost, got chased about a bit. Nice day!
Old 29-04-2014, 11:36 PM

Tennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayTennis_Eagle knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
Worthington Cup semi-final 2nd leg, away to Liverpool in 2001, lost 5-0, was gutted and school the next day was horrible (live in the North West so a lot of scousers) but got revenge two years later in the FA Cup replay when we won 2-0 at Anfield and I think Freedman was sent off?
Old 29-04-2014, 11:38 PM

bhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We won the first 5 aways I went to, starting with Brighton in ZDS. Surely a record?
Old 29-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
How do people remember their first games (unless they are much older). I presume they rely on family to tell them? Mine don't remember either!
Old 30-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
How do people remember their first games (unless they are much older). I presume they rely on family to tell them? Mine don't remember either!
I don't remember mine and my dad, who took me, doesn't either. I was roughly five at the time though I think.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 30-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Banned by Moderators

The Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Last Dodo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbarno View Post
Remember that game,me & my brother met you on the roof of the them toilets in the south stand think we were a little bit older than that.that was my first away game too.
Wasn't it when Barry and aunty terri had split up for a couple of years? I was sure it was about '73/74. If not then Gillingham would've been me first away. Will have to ask Baugh to narrow it down. I'm sure the scum beat us 1-0 though.
Buggered if I can remember the Gillingham score but pretty sure we won.
Old 30-04-2014, 12:38 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsleftpeg View Post
Same here! Stood on the long side with my brother who then decided to stand in the Cold Blow Lane End at Millwall away and when John Jackson saved a penalty jumped up and down before he had to leg it out of the ground.
Don't think I am your brother but this happened to me. My problem was I was supposed to meet my mate at New Cross but missed him ,so had to go to the game on my own. Not something I would recommend. I know this will upset a lot of people on here but for my own personal safety left 5 mins early. There were a lot of mean looking Millwall ****ers waiting behind the stand for any Palace . I managed to put on a disappointed face and legged it.

As for first away trip aside from Charlton .A mob of us used to go to Portsmouth every year which always seemed to end in a draw, this would have been mid 60s.
Old 30-04-2014, 12:46 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is here
27th September 1969.... V Notts Forest aged 14.... Went with a few mates from School on a Timpsons coach from Selhurst. Got in the ground early started chatting naively to some locals, who as the game started biffed us around a bit and pinched our scarves. Was very wary when attending football from that point on, a couple of my mates never went again. Headed for the safety of the Palace group on the halfway line and never ventured alone on the terraces again.

0 - 0 and I was hooked.
Old 30-04-2014, 12:50 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Don't think I am your brother but this happened to me. My problem was I was supposed to meet my mate at New Cross but missed him ,so had to go to the game on my own. Not something I would recommend. I know this will upset a lot of people on here but for my own personal safety left 5 mins early. There were a lot of mean looking Millwall ****ers waiting behind the stand for any Palace . I managed to put on a disappointed face and legged it.

As for first away trip aside from Charlton .A mob of us used to go to Portsmouth every year which always seemed to end in a draw, this would have been mid 60s.
ll

LOL.... My sister did that to me at Millwall, never took her again. I just joined in with the rest of the punters around me and looked at her as though she were mad.

Got away with it.... Heart was beating bloody fast and I swear it started one of those mass fence jumping things that their mob used to do now and again. I was always very worried when going to Millwall that I'd bump into one of the very many Millwall fans I knew from my aquaintances and freinds around Brockley and getting pointed out as a Palace fan.

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 30-04-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Old 30-04-2014, 04:03 AM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
October 2005 (had to google date) at Ricoh Arena. Palace won 4-1 with Darren Ward scoring and Clinton Morrison, Ben Watson and Jon Macken!

Should of won the league! Especially if AJ stayed fit all season

Old 30-04-2014, 05:38 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
October 2005 (had to google date) at Ricoh Arena. Palace won 4-1 with Darren Ward scoring and Clinton Morrison, Ben Watson and Jon Macken!

Should of won the league! Especially if AJ stayed fit all season

Didn't we take around 4k up there as think it was our first visit to the new ground .