Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-05-2016, 09:27 AM

Mabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMabs : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Really enjoying going through these clips. I did remember the incident from the away leg semi final against Sunderland when Gray was sent off and Mcateer was standing on the touch line telling him and other Palace players to "eff off" unfortunately on the review clip it doesn't show the moment after the penalties when he is seen crying and being consoled by a member of their backroom staff. Do others remember this ? Though I was in my mid to late 30@s at the time I remember jumping off the sofa and shouting "Haha you big baby now you can eff off" That might sound rather daft nowadays but heat of the moment stuff etc
Old 17-05-2016, 02:17 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Prizesucker, what exactly are the 06/07 and 07/08 reviews?
Where did you get them? They look homemade from news clips/ highlights at times but then there is the female narrator like on a season review.
The club didn't produce an official 2006/07 season review in the summer of 2007. When the club did compile the 2007/08 season review, there was an added second disk in the box to include the 2006/07 season after some fan pressure had demanded it.

However, what the club produced wasn't lengthy nor complete nor that professional to be honest. There was footage of some games like defeats away to Luton where that game finished 2-1 to Luton but the CP season review only showed one LUTON goal from the game. If you are going to show a short clip, you'd show the palace goal or even if the footage was compromised, mention the goalscorer.

There were some holes and i will concede that clips like the opening fixture vs. Ipswich came from YouTube to help fill some gaps. If anyone out there has got extra footage, i'm more than happy to see them on this thread and bulk up the video library further.

The club did not produce anything for 2008/09 season. If you want to see goals from that season, you either have to watch the 2005-11 DVD that the club produced (which is on my list in the opening post) or YT fan compilations like this one for Shefki Kuqi. ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or Nick Carle ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) rely on other teams like this clip from Reading ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or this cup clip from Leicester ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or scour YT for clips like this Alan Lee goal vs. Doncaster at home ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or Anthony Stokes' only goal for the club vs. PNE ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or Neil Danns in same game ( To view the link you have to Register or Login )

I would love someone at the club like a Terry Byfield or whoever to provide historical footage and fill in the blanks as the club must have the footage in the archive vaults somewhere but until they do, this is all we have to go with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 18-05-2016, 10:37 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizesucker View Post
The club didn't produce an official 2006/07 season review in the summer of 2007. When the club did compile the 2007/08 season review, there was an added second disk in the box to include the 2006/07 season after some fan pressure had demanded it.

However, what the club produced wasn't lengthy nor complete nor that professional to be honest. There was footage of some games like defeats away to Luton where that game finished 2-1 to Luton but the CP season review only showed one LUTON goal from the game. If you are going to show a short clip, you'd show the palace goal or even if the footage was compromised, mention the goalscorer.

There were some holes and i will concede that clips like the opening fixture vs. Ipswich came from YouTube to help fill some gaps. If anyone out there has got extra footage, i'm more than happy to see them on this thread and bulk up the video library further.

The club did not produce anything for 2008/09 season. If you want to see goals from that season, you either have to watch the 2005-11 DVD that the club produced (which is on my list in the opening post) or YT fan compilations like this one for Shefki Kuqi. ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or Nick Carle ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) rely on other teams like this clip from Reading ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or this cup clip from Leicester ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or scour YT for clips like this Alan Lee goal vs. Doncaster at home ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or Anthony Stokes' only goal for the club vs. PNE ( To view the link you have to Register or Login ) or Neil Danns in same game ( To view the link you have to Register or Login )

I would love someone at the club like a Terry Byfield or whoever to provide historical footage and fill in the blanks as the club must have the footage in the archive vaults somewhere but until they do, this is all we have to go with.
Cheers - to be honest I didn't realise they had released an offical one in 07/08 until now. I missed that completely!! EDIT: Just checked and I do have it but I don't have the second disc with that 06/07 one on.
Is the 06/07 one on youtube the disc the club added plus some editing that you have done yourself?

I think I have all the others (and centenary DVD). Did you see my earlier post re. the 89/90 review? I have that on VHS but dont know how to convert it to a digital file - do you have that at all? Would love to get a digital version of that too!

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 18-05-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 18-05-2016, 11:02 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:

That 06/07 review has one goal from the 2-2 draw with Burnley in September - the other 3 can be found here (and with far higher quality).
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 18-05-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 18-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Loving the LED.

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Really appreciate all your doing, brings back alot of memories and makes you appreciate where we are now!!
Old 19-05-2016, 02:53 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That 06/07 review has one goal from the 2-2 draw with Burnley in September - the other 3 can be found here (and with far higher quality).
Great find - this is exactly the sort of clip to help fill the holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 20-05-2016, 12:47 AM
I'm thinking about it

Less interesting for us but in terms of a complete record this shows both of West Brom's goals against us at SP rather than just one.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:30 AM

Update:

Upon multiple requests - i have now uploaded the 1989/90 season review onto YT. The link is now in the opening post.

I've also updated the opening post to include the 1989 swindon play off semi as well as brief highlights of BOTH games versus blackburn in the final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD

Last edited by prizesucker; 07-06-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:04 PM

Update:

Man City (1) vs (3) Crystal Palace - 5 Dec 1987
Crystal Palace (1) vs. (0) Oxford - 1988
Leeds Utd (1) vs. (2) Crystal Palace - 5 April 1989
Man Utd (1) vs. (2) Crystal Palace - 9 Dec 1989 (full match highlights of only ever league win at Old Trafford)

All links for the above are in the opening post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 09-07-2016, 06:54 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
Update:

Man Utd (1) vs. (2) Crystal Palace - 9 Dec 1989 (full match highlights of only ever league win at Old Trafford)
Delighted to say we did actually win there in 70/71
Old 09-07-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
Delighted to say we did actually win there in 70/71
That's me nice and embarrassed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 09-07-2016, 07:01 PM

Missed one from my updated list

Crystal Palace (2) vs. (1) Everton - 30 Sept 1989 - link in the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 09-07-2016, 11:11 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's me nice and embarrassed
Yeah you absolute monumental tw*t!. Nah, sorry not trying to be clever d*ck just that if even 1 more Palace fan is a bit happier knowing we did Best, Law & Charlton in their own back yard so much the better. Well no Law but hey.
Old 29-07-2016, 07:23 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Update:

Upon multiple requests - i have now uploaded the 1989/90 season review onto YT. The link is now in the opening post.

I've also updated the opening post to include the 1989 swindon play off semi as well as brief highlights of BOTH games versus blackburn in the final.
Cheers for that. Great to have the 89/90 in digital format. I will never throw my VHSs away but I doubt I will watch them again either.
Old 30-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
wrong thread ffs
On a better note enjoyed watching the clips this morning, huge kudos to the OP for uploading

Last edited by TheMexicanHorse; 30-07-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 13-10-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Less interesting for us but in terms of a complete record
Footage of a home game vs Barnsley (06/07 season) in better quality than in my original compilation

Stay tuned as i plan to upload new footage soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 14-10-2016, 08:16 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Having a clear out at Lucas Towers...
There are a few 'official' Palace VHSs available if anyone is interested... Do let me know... alas, lack the technical nous to get them onto YouTube...

on offer:

Palace v Brighton (27/3/89) the 5 penalty match...
Palace v Blackburn (final 3/6/89)
First division official review 93-94
Palace Souvenir xmas 89/90
5 alive Palace v Portsmouth 28/8/93
Old 14-10-2016, 08:58 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
great thread ...well done mate
Old 14-10-2016, 09:33 PM

topper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How have I missed this thread? Awesome work!
Old 15-10-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
Having a clear out at Lucas Towers...
There are a few 'official' Palace VHSs available if anyone is interested... Do let me know... alas, lack the technical nous to get them onto YouTube...

on offer:

Palace v Brighton (27/3/89) the 5 penalty match...
Palace v Blackburn (final 3/6/89)
First division official review 93-94
Palace Souvenir xmas 89/90
5 alive Palace v Portsmouth 28/8/93
Send me a private message - i'll upload them to YT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD