Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 16-11-2016, 03:24 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Update:

I uploaded a VHS called "Crystal Palace - The Classic Matches" (found here To view the link you have to Register or Login ) a while ago and it's a great VHS voiced by Brian Moore but maybe i made a mistake uploading it in its entirety.
Games within that VHS tape were the 5-0 vs Man Utd, Don Rogers vs Stoke 73, Possee vs Bristol City 74, 3-0 at the Den 77, Vince vs Brighton 78, Walsh vs Charlton 81, play off home game vs Blackburn 89, 4-3 game vs Wimbledon 90 and finally 1-0 victory vs Liverpool 90/91 season with small tidbits from Allison/Venables etc

Maybe i should have split the tape footage and uploaded the games separately. I subsequently obtained a VHS called "The Big Match - Classics Vol 1" and split the games up.
Games featured on that tape include 25 minutes of the 5-0 game versus Man Utd in 1972 (which i think is the longest amount of footage from that game)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The tape also included some footage previously uploaded like the Don Rogers masterclass versus stoke BUT the tape did have some previously "lost" footage which came from Shrewsbury in 1975.

League Division Three: Shrewsbury Town 2 -4 Crystal Palace (20th Sept 1975) from Gay Meadow in front of 7,400 people. Swindlehurst, Kemp, Peter Taylor and a forced OG from an Evans header on the score-sheet for Palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 01-12-2016, 12:08 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizesucker View Post
Update:

I uploaded a VHS called "Crystal Palace - The Classic Matches" (found here To view the link you have to Register or Login ) a while ago and it's a great VHS voiced by Brian Moore but maybe i made a mistake uploading it in its entirety.
Games within that VHS tape were the 5-0 vs Man Utd, Don Rogers vs Stoke 73, Possee vs Bristol City 74, 3-0 at the Den 77, Vince vs Brighton 78, Walsh vs Charlton 81, play off home game vs Blackburn 89, 4-3 game vs Wimbledon 90 and finally 1-0 victory vs Liverpool 90/91 season with small tidbits from Allison/Venables etc

Maybe i should have split the tape footage and uploaded the games separately. I subsequently obtained a VHS called "The Big Match - Classics Vol 1" and split the games up.
Games featured on that tape include 25 minutes of the 5-0 game versus Man Utd in 1972 (which i think is the longest amount of footage from that game)

The tape also included some footage previously uploaded like the Don Rogers masterclass versus stoke BUT the tape did have some previously "lost" footage which came from Shrewsbury in 1975.

League Division Three: Shrewsbury Town 2 -4 Crystal Palace (20th Sept 1975) from Gay Meadow in front of 7,400 people. Swindlehurst, Kemp, Peter Taylor and a forced OG from an Evans header on the score-sheet for Palace.

41 years ago and I was there oh dear loved seeing it again Holder Kemp happy days
Old 21-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Update:

I've just started watching it .... its tear-jerkingly fantastic ... best time to follow Palace ... no f**king premiership or Sky just real football.

.... I've even got a little excitement wee-spot .... not quite submissive urination but ....
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with …. "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 24-04-2017, 02:06 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cheated slightly with latest updates but there for the casual observer.

1976 - Leeds with a small clip from Malcolm at the end
Away to Hull and Swindon in 1988 as well as league Cup action versus Hartlepool (1992 and 2004) and Everton in 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 04-09-2017, 09:14 AM

Giving the thread a BUMP as i have now uploaded the 2004/05 season review to Youtube.

It is complete (other than YT trimming about 15 seconds of AJ's penalty versus Charlton on the last day but does still show the replay of the goal)

Interviews from Dowie and Aki included

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 06-09-2017, 08:48 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Thought there were old highlights on Palace site but cant find them now
Old 16-10-2017, 09:45 AM

Recently discovered a rare souvenir Christmas VHS video produced by the club for 1989/90 season.

Video features goals up to Christmas (including home goal versus Leicester in the Rumbelows Cup (but sadly not the away fixture)) as well as interviews with a lot of first team players including Ian Wright, Mark Bright, John Pemberton, Geoff Thomas as well as Steve Coppell and Ron Noades.

Link has been included to the opening post but i'll add it here as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 27-02-2018, 10:33 AM

BUMP

Recently acquired a copy of the Steve Kember Testimonial in 2004. SIX videos to enjoy. The main event has been added to the Opening post.

Introduction to the DVD

Fans views before the game

Ex-players before the game

Palace Legends vs Chelsea Veterans

The Main event - Allstars vs Select XI

Ex-players (& Ron) post match

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 01-03-2018, 11:36 PM

Pikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePikester : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a brilliant collection. Just watched Vince score in '81 - I'm smiling like a schoolboy with Sir Brian Moore telling me all I need to know.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
BUMP

Recently acquired a copy of the Steve Kember Testimonial in 2004. SIX videos to enjoy. The main event has been added to the Opening post.

Introduction to the DVD

Fans views before the game

Ex-players before the game

Palace Legends vs Chelsea Veterans

The Main event - Allstars vs Select XI

Ex-players (& Ron) post match
That's a great collection of vids with regards Kember.

You hear the chant 'He's one of our own' far too often these days across the leagues but Kember truly is one of our own. Local lad and proper Palace fan.

As much as I hate him, Venables pulled a masterstroke bringing him back into our promotion winning side in the late 70's.
In a team of raw but very talented youngsters, Kember was exactly what was needed in that '79 side.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
You hear the chant 'He's one of our own' far too often these days across the leagues but Kember truly is one of our own. Local lad and proper Palace fan.
Nice to have two players like that back then and now, the other being David Payne.
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 25-03-2018, 11:10 PM

Update

1st leg of the Coca Cola Cup Semi final versus Arsenal - 1992/93 season. Also added to OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 26-03-2018, 09:25 AM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Update

1st leg of the Coca Cola Cup Semi final versus Arsenal - 1992/93 season. Also added to OP

Goodwork PS Haven't heard that theme in years (Union - You are the number one) takes me way back to my youth watching football on a Sunday afternoon. Remember people tipping us to win this game (we'd just come of a great midweek win against Blackburn) defensively we were really poor and we were two down inside 20 mins which back then was often the way against Arsenal.
Old 23-05-2018, 01:54 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here

I stumbled across this today, whilst it is plainly about West Brom in 1962, this documentary was a fascinating insight into how far the game has evolved since and I think I counted at least four players that had either played for Palace (goalkeeper Ray Potter) or went on to join us from West Brom (David Burnside, Derek Kevan and Keith Smith - I believe Smith scored Palace’s fastest ever goal, after just 6 seconds away to Derby in 1964 - he also was Palace’s first ever substitute the following season, at home to Orient in August 1965).

I believe another former Palace keeper, Tony Millington was at West Brom whilst this clip was filmed, I will leave it to older Palace fans to decide if he is in camera too.

As well as this obviously spartan training facilities used by West Brom, which I’m certain I had better at my own school in the early 1970’s, it was of huge interest to see the two legendary figures of Bobby Robson and Don Howe there too, so early in their careers, who went on to be among the greatest coaches in the history of our game.
Old 23-05-2018, 02:10 PM

Fantastic piece of footage - great post CPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 12-09-2018, 07:28 PM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Leicester away 21 March 1981 from 22:43:
Old 26-09-2018, 12:58 PM

Great find Barnabas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD

Last edited by prizesucker; 26-09-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 29-09-2018, 07:22 AM

leicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is here
1980/81 SEASON.....Leicester did the double over both Tottenham and Liverpool but lost 5-0 at consecutive away trips Man u and Notts Forest.......RELEGATED.....
Old 29-09-2018, 03:15 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabas View Post
Leicester away 21 March 1981 from 22:43:
The days of clubs mix & matching their first choice shirts and change strip shorts. Don’t see that too often, if at all, nowadays.
Old 29-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post

I stumbled across this today, whilst it is plainly about West Brom in 1962, this documentary was a fascinating insight into how far the game has evolved since and I think I counted at least four players that had either played for Palace (goalkeeper Ray Potter) or went on to join us from West Brom (David Burnside, Derek Kevan and Keith Smith - I believe Smith scored Palace’s fastest ever goal, after just 6 seconds away to Derby in 1964 - he also was Palace’s first ever substitute the following season, at home to Orient in August 1965).

I believe another former Palace keeper, Tony Millington was at West Brom whilst this clip was filmed, I will leave it to older Palace fans to decide if he is in camera too.

As well as this obviously spartan training facilities used by West Brom, which I’m certain I had better at my own school in the early 1970’s, it was of huge interest to see the two legendary figures of Bobby Robson and Don Howe there too, so early in their careers, who went on to be among the greatest coaches in the history of our game.
Many thanks. Only just seen this.

Yes, Tony Millington (sadly no longer with us) is in camera. A very happy go lucky chap always ready to share a joke or two when he was playing for the reserves in Combination matches on a Saturday afternoon when the first team was away. Unlucky in that he replaced Bill Glazier when a certain John Jackson wasn't far off playing first team football.