Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Or that I was really hoping several people on here would whack it on with their wives in the room

What's this iplayer app anyway? Is it on Sky? And again: red button, iplayer app, etc - rubbish. You'll know from my previous posts that I am certainly not anti-BBC like several others, I even quite like Alliss and Ken Brown - they're far more fun than those Sky chaps.

BUT, managing to get the rights to the 4th biggest event in the golf season and then farming it out to 'red button'? A very poor decision.
The red button choice was due to the clash with the World Athletics which is running across both the main channels, this is a this year only issue. To be fair, it also gives the opportunity for full break free coverage from 6pm until close of play. One of the Beeb's big issues with golf and cricket for example is the time taken in the schedule which leads to criticism by the usual suspects of blocking the schedules with sport.....and then the same people complain when they lose or don't bid for the rights, go figure....

The coverage is on the red button but you can also watch live via iplayer, but not on the version Sky gives you. Sky only has catch up on iplayer, All4, ITV Hub etc, not live viewing. If you have a wifi connected TV, go to the apps section and iplayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc will usually be there, and on iplayer you can watch all the channels live including the golf. The iplayer settings give you the choice of whether your stream is SD or HD if you have limited bandwidth, just like you can choose what version to download.

Took me a little while to find it but the commentary mentioned it a couple of times as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Fook my old Grannys boots

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Wait what...I've missed 2 pages of arguing how shit the BBC are at sport coverage ?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
The red button choice was due to the clash with the World Athletics which is running across both the main channels, this is a this year only issue. To be fair, it also gives the opportunity for full break free coverage from 6pm until close of play. One of the Beeb's big issues with golf and cricket for example is the time taken in the schedule which leads to criticism by the usual suspects of blocking the schedules with sport.....and then the same people complain when they lose or don't bid for the rights, go figure....

The coverage is on the red button but you can also watch live via iplayer, but not on the version Sky gives you. Sky only has catch up on iplayer, All4, ITV Hub etc, not live viewing. If you have a wifi connected TV, go to the apps section and iplayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc will usually be there, and on iplayer you can watch all the channels live including the golf. The iplayer settings give you the choice of whether your stream is SD or HD if you have limited bandwidth, just like you can choose what version to download.

Took me a little while to find it but the commentary mentioned it a couple of times as well.
I get all that, but it's just a massive opportunity missed imo. BBC should be hammering home to the R&A now about how they can offer live golf to the UK public, driving kids to take up the game. Hiding it behind the red button really damages this argument.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I get all that, but it's just a massive opportunity missed imo. BBC should be hammering home to the R&A now about how they can offer live golf to the UK public, driving kids to take up the game. Hiding it behind the red button really damages this argument.
I get your point but what do they do? They have live athletics from London on BBC 1 and later on 2, a long standing contract with the IAAF and they are host broadcaster as well, plus BBC 4 is committed to the Proms. I don't get this hiding on the Red Button (other than the confusion on HD) - loads of sport is on Red Button now, plus Glastonbury, lots of music features etc. It's an established part of the offering and was used for the Masters and was used for out of main time coverage for the Open in the past (and Sky do the same with "featured groups" and had WGC on red button last week when the Women's Open was on Sky Golf)

If anything, with the added on line clips and ability to watch on line it is just as if not more innovative as Sky's paywall model which has killed audience numbers for the Open and other large tournaments like the Wentworth PGA. Sky is great for golf nuts, no issue, but having a FTA option is essential for all sports and they are increasingly waking up to that, F1, cricket, now golf, all are insisting on FTA going forward, probably alongside on line rather than satellite. Would the Masters ever go totally behind a pay wall? I seriously doubt it, and they are more than happy to keep the weekend on the BBC, and seem to be dumping Sky in favour of BT for the rest.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
You can argue some stuff but the coverage is no way at all as innovative as Sky coverage, which is a real shame. Certainly cheaper but the Sky coverage has more depth, along with bells and whistles.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
You can argue some stuff but the coverage is no way at all as innovative as Sky coverage, which is a real shame. Certainly cheaper but the Sky coverage has more depth, along with bells and whistles.
Of course it's not, why should it have bells and whistles etc? Sky has a dedicated golf channel and has been building that for years. Their coverage is generally pretty good, but with its irritations, like Monty.....The BBC is a mixed program broadcaster and won these rights about a month ago. Sky was still running "see all four majors" trailers immediately upto The Open. If the BBC contract ends up as multi year there will be a different look and feel in 2018 and on I think. This year they are very limited in what they could set up in the time available.

Sky used golf to get to certain social groups, like it did with football initially. If they lose the Masters as well, and the rumours on the US Open going elsewhere are true, they could walk away in a heartbeat for all their investment. Huge chunks of their coverage is filler like the old Tournament films (ironically often with Peter A commentating!) EuroPro and Trilby Tour (some comedy value in that one). If Sky does take its money elsewhere, European golf has a huge funding hole.

Old 13-08-2017, 02:20 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
I don't care about the red button. The coverage itself is awful. Old and dated. Commentators are awful. No in depth analysis. You realise how good Sky are when you watch this.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Fook my old Grannys boots

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I don't care about the red button. The coverage itself is awful. Old and dated. Commentators are awful. No in depth analysis. You realise how good Sky are when you watch this.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 13-08-2017, 03:19 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Didn't realise I was still awake at 3.20 this morning. Must have been a good night.

Old 13-08-2017, 03:20 PM

Speak sense when I'm drunk though. There's a turn up.

Old 19-08-2017, 08:53 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I was just channel surfing and came across the Solheim Cup being shown.

I had to turn it off after 5 minutes... the women's antics when address a putt was doing my head in!

I thought the men were bad, but these women are taking it to a new level!
Old 20-08-2017, 07:09 AM
Heshlo Kitty

I watched it and enjoyed, but I noticed this too. Some of them made Jordan Spieth look like Speedy Gonzales, which is some achievement.
Old 20-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Heshlo Kitty

It's a shame that it didn't work out for Europe in the last two days, as the singles have been brilliant so far.
Old 21-08-2017, 08:23 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watched a lot of the Solheim Cup and really enjoyed it. Been struggling with the men's tours recently but really enjoyed watching the ladies and some incredible golf as well. ����

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 21-08-2017, 08:38 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
1 player in the worlds top ten played these matches. They should join up and play against Korea - they'd still get thrashed though.
Old 21-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
1 player in the worlds top ten played these matches. They should join up and play against Korea - they'd still get thrashed though.
That's a crazy stat. 8 of the men's top 10 are American or European.
Old 22-08-2017, 06:33 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
40 of the top 100 are Korean, they dominate the women's game.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 22-08-2017, 06:54 AM

Lexi Thompson and Mel Reid

Old 22-08-2017, 06:55 AM

Although I realise I have significantly more chance with the former rather than the latter

Old 22-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Has anyone hear ever played at Basildon?