Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Stewards please sort it out with the away supporters

I did not bring my 5 year old today so yes there was an un taken free seat but thatbiss because I rightly thought that the Man Utd supporters would not behave and would not be reprimanded by stewards. All through the game we were getting wanker signs, fists, fingers, threats etc I understand that you can't stop all this but where they when they were leaning over stewards to do this it is not acceptable.

When they scored the second and about a dozen got on the pitch they should have at the very least be thrown out two were the rest were either allowed or put back in their end.

If I had brought my little one today she would have been scared and this is not on I don't expect the ground to be like girl guides I also don't expect somone giving Anker signs in the middle of the stand to be thrown out but I do expect threats and hand signs made continually to the family end that are directly in front or over a steward to be addressed.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal

Last edited by redandblue; 09-05-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Your first game ? Crazy at one end you got palace supporters wanting Manc supporters thrown over the balcony on here and others offended by anker gestures.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Last edited by Biggineagle; 09-05-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:31 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
At Chelsea there was an older geezer constantly having a go at the Palace and trying to start grief.

Much to my surprise, after a while Chelsea stewards appeared in his area and went along his line of seats to 'have a word'. You get so used to no action being taken.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:31 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Yes, let's ban swearing and any rude gestures from all games.

Dear me...
Old 09-05-2015, 09:34 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stewards please sort it out with the away supporters

Think today showed why it maybe a good idea to cut the away support allocation at Selhurst . Think it is currently 2800. Why not cut it down to 2400 on "safety" grounds ( as Arsenal do ) and have the first 8 or so rows as an empty area ? Ok , we lose approx 12,000 a home match in revenue, but I think we can afford that so our staff I.e. The stewards do not have to have the abuse they faced today, the same for our fans in the family section. Also always think must be very intimidating for the linesman in front of the away fans and one day this will cost us a point or two , which is far more costly than the 12,000 or so we make .

Last edited by FMH57; 09-05-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
With respect, a football match is no place for a 5 year old.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
They spilled onto the pitch - for most of them it was probably the only game they got to see this season. No harm was done other than some bruised pride on our part. If it was the other way around then we would have been calling for it all to be dealt with in a sensible way that reflected the emotion of the moment.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking rocks View Post
With respect, a football match is no place for a 5 year old.
My daughter has missed three games in two seasons it's never normally an issue and it's only when the front rows are like this there is a problem. As I have said I don't expect everyone who makes signs or swears thrown out but when it's so aggressive and directly in front and even through stewards it should be stopped.

And with respect there is a reason it's called the family stand
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Old 09-05-2015, 09:40 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
We should only give the minimum allocation to away fans, so what if they spend slightly more than home fans in the ground.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Your first game ? Crazy at one end you got palace supporters wanting Manc supporters thrown over the balcony on here and others offended by anker gestures.
When you go to hpgame you can comment you live about 5 miles from game so kindly troll off!

I have only missed Sunderland away and west brom at home since Xmas

Last edited by redandblue; 09-05-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Banned by Moderators

The_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe_Mole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Disgraceful how the away fans are next to the family stand. were not skint anymore so surely the board can foot the extra OB costs to move them back to where they should be.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
When you go to hpgame you can comment you live about 5 miles from game so kindly troll off!

So why are you complaining bout anker gestures n stuff ?? My two boys went today and didnt come home traumatised.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:51 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Oi, No!

Myself and Biggin live a similar distance from the ground, and I resent your implication that I am a second class Palace fan. As the old adage goes, if you're Croydon, you're Palace.

Everyone knows that.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Oi, No!

Myself and Biggin live a similar distance from the ground, and I resent your implication that I am a second class Palace fan. As the old adage goes, if you're Croydon, you're Palace.

Everyone knows that.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Quote:
My daughter has missed three games in two seasons it's never normally an issue and it's only when the front rows are like this there is a problem. As I have said I don't expect everyone who makes signs or swears thrown out but when it's so aggressive and directly in front and even through stewards it should be stopped.

And with respect there is a reason it's called the family stand
I'm only speaking from experience and it's more the childs age/attention span than anything else.

Sadly, not everyone will respect or even know it's the "family stand" especially young, away supporters (especially those one who may have supped a few sherbets prior to their visit)

Best advice is to move towards the Main Stand or to the Holmesdale because I guarantee it won't improve
Old 09-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mole View Post
Disgraceful how the away fans are next to the family stand. were not skint anymore so surely the board can foot the extra OB costs to move them back to where they should be.
Indeed.

Never going to happen of course but 5 year olds shouldn't have to put with abuse.
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's needed looking at for a long time, a 'family stand' where 'families' are encouraged to sit, right next to the hardcore support of different clubs.
Pack it up, pack it in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mole View Post
More worrying for me is the linesman.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Can't believe they tossed them back into the crowd rather than arrest them.
Knobs
Old 09-05-2015, 10:01 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
I was sitting in the Family stand and had two of the wanders sitting next to me pretending they were Palace. But they gave it away my only talking about the united team and not celebrating our goal. The bloke next to me was definately a wanker. I basically kept reminding him that United are scum with scum fans and told him that most don't even come from Manchester. Was funny watching him have to agree with me.

Back to the OP. I think the away fans are in completely the wrong part of the stadium as there are a lot young kids in that stand. They should be nearer the Holmesdale again. At least the adults can take it and give each other banter but obviously due to Policing etc that's not going to happen. My 5 year old came to his first game today and loved it just glad I didn't sit in the Whitehorn

Man united = Wankers