Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
I take my eight year old lad into the Whitehorse every week.

Seriously don't get what the problem is. Part of going to the football is a rite of passage. You get to see and experience the real world outside of school and Cubs etc.

What you do is explain what's going on and give your kids enough respect to let them work stuff out for themselves.

It does them no harm and actually give you an opportunity to teach them some real life stuff.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Oi, No!

Myself and Biggin live a similar distance from the ground, and I resent your implication that I am a second class Palace fan. As the old adage goes, if you're Croydon, you're Palace.

Everyone knows that.
My dig is about him not attending not where he lives
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 09-05-2015, 10:15 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
So would you not be better off moving to the other side of the whitehorse or another part of the ground. Surely it no shite sherlock that if your in that corner your going to get abuse. Doesn't matter which teams visiting.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
My dig is about him not attending not where he lives
Old 09-05-2015, 10:17 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I take my eight year old lad into the Whitehorse every week.

Seriously don't get what the problem is. Part of going to the football is a rite of passage. You get to see and experience the real world outside of school and Cubs etc.

What you do is explain what's going on and give your kids enough respect to let them work stuff out for themselves.

It does them no harm and actually give you an opportunity to teach them some real life stuff.
I agree with this. I always remember football games as a kid and we used to see worse than what kids see now. I do however feel that the stewards could have done more today.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
They were absolutely disgusting today. Worst this season.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 09-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
So would you not be better off moving to the other side of the whitehorse or another part of the ground. Surely it no shite sherlock that if your in that corner your going to get abuse. Doesn't matter which teams visiting.

I tried to move to the other side of the Whitehorse when I renewed last season as my younger boy loves the football but not the aggression and noise, but there were no seats spare. It's not always as easy as one may think.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:52 PM

Navigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Had a season ticket for a few years in the Whitehorse on the Main stand side so we weren't next to the away fans. Have not been in favour of having the away fans right next to families due to the usual goading.

I was always happy to tolerate the odd bit of swearing, but if someone was getting out of control a reminder we were in the family stand usually worked in getting people to tone it down. Have now got a season tickets in LH but ended being on my own today in the Whitehorse next to the Utd fans.

I was stunned by some of the Palace fans to be honest. One guy with a kid of about 4 or 5 sitting on his lap but standing up quite a few times with his son in one arm so the other was free for whim to make W***** signs and shout f... off you c... at regular intervals. A fair few others with very small kids giving it large, constant swearing and goading. It wasn't that they were getting upset by abuse from the Utd fans but seemed to see it as part of the day out and made the abuse from Utd fans far worse. Do you call yourself parents,bloody embarrassing.

Yes the Utd fans were over the top with the goal celebration and goading later in the game, yes the stewards should have done more but jeez some parents, if you want to give it large don't do it in the family stand and not when small kids are with or around you.

Last edited by Navigation; 09-05-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:56 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
The group at Norwood Junction after spitting and fighting a palace fan were vile. Angry animals, full of hate.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigation View Post
Had a season ticket for a few years in the Whitehorse on the Main stand side so we weren't next to the away fans. Have not been in favour of having the away fans right next to families due to the usual goading.

I was always happy to tolerate the odd bit of swearing, but if someone was getting out of control a reminder we were in the family stand usually worked in getting people to tone it down. Have now got a season tickets in LH but ended being on my own today in the Whitehorse next to the Utd fans.

I was stunned by some of the Palace fans to be honest. One guy with a kid of about 4 or 5 sitting on his lap but standing up quite a few times with his son in one arm so the other was free for whim to make W***** signs and shout f... off you c... at regular intervals. A fair few others with very small kids giving it large, constant swearing and goading. It wasn't that they were getting upset by abuse from the Utd fans but seemed to see it as part of the day out and made the abuse from Utd fans far worse. Do you call yourself parents,bloody embarrassing.

Yes the Utd fans were over the top with the goal celebration and goading later in the game, yes the stewards should have done more but jeez some parents, if you want to give it large don't do it in the family stand and not when small kids are with or around you.
Man United fans were giving it large from the 1st to the 90th minute. Wrong for Palace fans to react but almost exclusively it's been a reaction to away fans rather than Palace fans starting it.

Every single time I looked over someone was calling someone in the whitehorse a wanker. Then one of our guys did something and was accused (wrongly) of doing plane signs but the stewards did nothing in the away end, as they always do.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Not defending bad behaviour but what power does a steward really have?

Power of arrest?- no more than any of us.

Remove a disruptive individual - well yes, but it would take a very brave, if not foolhardy, individual, to steam into 2000+ men to do that.

I know that many will say "well, that's there job" but, honestly, for the minimum wage, how many of us would?

Isn't it a much better idea for football fans to begin behaving like the regular human beings that, at least the majority do, every other day of the week?
Old 09-05-2015, 11:21 PM

Navigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Man United fans were giving it large from the 1st to the 90th minute. Wrong for Palace fans to react but almost exclusively it's been a reaction to away fans rather than Palace fans starting it.

Every single time I looked over someone was calling someone in the whitehorse a wanker. Then one of our guys did something and was accused (wrongly) of doing plane signs but the stewards did nothing in the away end, as they always do.
You are right, the Utd fans were giving it large and but I certainly saw a couple of people doing the plane signs. As you say stewards did very little in the away end as always, although I did see a couple of Utd thrown out. My point is why act like an idiot in front of your own kid? Just a shame that the away fans are right next to the family stand with no obvious solution in sight.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking rocks View Post
Not defending bad behaviour but what power does a steward really have?

Power of arrest?- no more than any of us.

Remove a disruptive individual - well yes, but it would take a very brave, if not foolhardy, individual, to steam into 2000+ men to do that.

I know that many will say "well, that's there job" but, honestly, for the minimum wage, how many of us would?

Isn't it a much better idea for football fans to begin behaving like the regular human beings that, at least the majority do, every other day of the week?
Yeah. The stewards aren't really there to do anything other than stop major disorder really tbh.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:35 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Yeah. The stewards aren't really there to do anything other than stop major disorder really tbh.
They usually seem to ask palace fans to behave if they are misbehaving but I agree they did not yesterday.

To those who say I should move seats I have had these seats for 15 years there are 8 of us and my daughter has my late fathers seat I should not have to move seats and I am not talking about the odd wanker sign I am talking about constant wanker and aggressiveness directly In front of the stewards.

At other grounds this season stewards have addressed this to our fans guy in front of me at west brom got thrown out, Spurs stewards spoke to people. Stewards should do something I am ex sia registered and when I worked if someone was misbehaving they would be kicked out of the venue regardless of whom they were with.

A quiet word " do that again and you are out mate" would probably have been enough they would have then either stopped or moved further back in the stand. Is the stewards job really only to stop people getting on the pitch ?

Oh and breaking rocks the SIA registered stewards (generally the ones in yellow vests) are not on minimum wage they will be on at least 12 ph and I am not talking about steaming in just having a word and not letting someone lean over them and take the piss.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Last edited by redandblue; 10-05-2015 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:40 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The main problem is that Man Utd fans are, just like Leeds fans, utterly contemptible scum.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 10-05-2015, 07:04 AM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you look around you in the Whitehorse there is a massive amount of blind eyes turned both for the home and away supporters.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:17 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
If you look around you in the Whitehorse there is a massive amount of blind eyes turned both for the home and away supporters.
Usually the assistant head steward has a word to those around me, even yesterday he came in and spoke to one palace bloke in front of me

Old 10-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Perhaps I'm just imagining it but didn't Parish say that last season they were by far the worst behaved fans at Selhurst and caused lots of damage
Old 10-05-2015, 07:23 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post

To those who say I should move seats I have had these seats for 15 years there are 8 of us and my daughter has my late fathers seat I should not have to move seats and I am not talking about the odd wanker sign I am talking about constant wanker and aggressiveness directly In front of the stewards.
Good on you! You have no reason to move from the seats you have had for 5 years and absolutely no reason to not bring your daughter to the Family end of a football team..

Something needs to be done, it's just a shame the away fans got moved where they did. I sat in the Whitehorse for years as a kid and loved it. Kids are the future of this club and I feel that part of football is the banter etc. I saw a lot of trouble etc when I was little but the Family end should be the one place you shouldn't feel bad about bringing your kid.

Last edited by SeanPalace84; 10-05-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:20 AM

eagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post
Perhaps I'm just imagining it but didn't Parish say that last season they were by far the worst behaved fans at Selhurst and caused lots of damage
If they cause damage again just charge em the costs next year. 100 quid a ticket for one team would prove a message. Yes they can do it back to us but 1 team with scummy fans deserve some sort of message sent to them.

Why the stewards didn't throw anyone out yesterday was scandalous. Hopefully some good cctv to get them all!