Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-08-2016, 02:25 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think you are horribly out of touch with the reality Skint, and pretty sure the figures today are going back much further. 1982 was mentioned on the news this morning.

Last edited by anti-addick; 02-08-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Slippery as a politician

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
quite frankly when you work in the money markets, what use is Wordsworth ?
What!! didn't Wordy write this:

I wandered lonely as a pound

That floats on high in banks and tills,

When all at once its value downed,

Brings host of hapless traders ills;

Down so much it brings them to their knees

If only the price would freeze

You can do the second verse.

Last edited by Skintagain; 02-08-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
I left school at 16 and I have never been turned down for not having a degree but I am guessing that I am a bit older than you and I think that helps. The problem you have is that we are coming to the point where all the people who are in charge of hiring have come through with degrees and think that anyone who does not have a degree is a thicko. This is another tool so the rich look after the rich so unless you want to work for the council, work in retail or work in the trades you need to have a degree
This is a problem with HR, though I guess it's always been the same. They don't know the role so the best they have to go on in order to make a choice is a checklist and a degree is one of the easiest things for them to tick off.

So I have some sympathy for them when it's the business owners and the managers who should be doing the headhunting from start to finish. After all, they are the ones who'll have to work with the person or have their bonus depend on them.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Someone I knew who did recruitment said that the mandatory degree thing was often just a very easy way to reduce your pool.

If you get 100 applicants for one position, it makes life much easier if you can reduce that by 30-60%.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
Biggin and Boreblimey, peas in a pod with their sour grapes dimwitted offspring
Ah a "Pushy Parent"
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 02-08-2016, 03:36 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
The construction industry purchasing managers index was expected to fall to between 42 and 43 from 46. In july it stands at 45.9. Down just 0.1
Old 02-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
The construction industry purchasing managers index was expected to fall to between 42 and 43 from 46. In july it stands at 45.9. Down just 0.1
A number which represents the fastest pace of decline since June 2009. The Manufacturers PMI index fell from 52.4 to 48.2. In both cases any drop below 50 is considered a clear indication of contraction.

Last edited by fang; 02-08-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:15 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
There seems to be a pattern emerging on here.....Brexit supporters are very sceptical when it comes to education. School of hard knocks, University of life, street wise etc....etc..
Old 02-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
There seems to be a pattern emerging on here.....Brexit supporters are very sceptical when it comes to education. School of hard knocks, University of life, street wise etc....etc..
You forgot those pesky experts, with their fancy words and book learning.

Last edited by fang; 02-08-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
You forgot those pesky experts, with their fancy words and book learning.
Brexiters have no truck with experts. Or with education.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
And yet they thrash around trying to find ones to provide comfort and assuage their feelings of guilt. Like Charlie Browns chum Linus, sucking his thumb and searching for a security blanket to clutch.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Ah a "Pushy Parent"
I thought my kids were lazy work avoiders, but now I've pushed them too hard.

I guess you didn't push yours out of bed to get to school on time. Parents evening was great for me, teachers had nothing but praise for my two, I guess you had 5 years of stern words from the teachers, if you even bothered to turn up.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:38 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Warren Beatty had an interesting perspective during the Vietnam war - similar to Gove's -
Appearing on a chat show, the host asked Beatty the question, “What about the people who say, what business do you actors have going out and influencing people?”

Beatty’s response was: “The fact that they would ask that question is the essence of the problem in the country right now, because it assumes what I call a kind of a mythology of expertise, that certain people are experts on politics, and certain people aren’t. And I guess what’s really gone wrong in the country and naturally, you have to talk about the war over the past ten years, we’ve all left it up to the experts. We all left it up to McNamara, or to Johnson. You know, we can’t blame what’s happened on Johnson, on Nixon, on the leaders. We have to blame it on ourselves….I think we’re all at fault in the country and that I think the problem now in the country is an indifference, and I think that indifference is the result of the fact that we have been lied to by our leaders for eight years, and we’ve lied to each other.”
Obvious common ground between Gove and Beatty really.......... ;-)
Old 03-08-2016, 03:39 AM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
If such predictions are likely do people think the Government has a responsibility to step back from Brexit?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-08-2016, 04:56 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Fits voting patterns from the analysis that has been done. The less education you've had the more likely you are to have voted Leave. However you need to keep in mind another strong correlation. The older you are the more likely you are to have voted Leave. The younger you are the more likely you are to have had more education due to changes in policy.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:44 AM

bhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Fits voting patterns from the analysis that has been done. The less education you've had the more likely you are to have voted Leave. However you need to keep in mind another strong correlation. The older you are the more likely you are to have voted Leave. The younger you are the more likely you are to have had more education due to changes in policy.
Only 25% of the young were educated enough to vote?
Old 03-08-2016, 06:18 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcp View Post
Only 25% of the young were educated enough to vote?
To busy chasing Pokemons.

Or whatever else was the 'fad' on June 23rd.

But I think we need to accept that Remainers were better educated, better looking, wore better shoes, better dancers, had better taste in music, better clothes, better cars, better jobs, better everything really than us rather grubby Leavers. In fact, everytime they pass a mirror they have to stop and take a look because they are so damn smashing that if they could, they would eat themselves.

And they still lost. LOL. They are all these pretty, bright young things and yet they are still going to be stripped of their European citizenship and 'rights' by a bunch of barely literate, ignorant bigots. Its beautiful, it really is.

Still chuckling about it now.

Last edited by Mat ov CPFC; 03-08-2016 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:29 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Actually that isn't true, it was something released as "a guess" by Sky in the hours after the vote and has stuck. Voting figures weren't actually recorded, there were no exit polls, so figures come from opinion polls and also by looking at the average age in constituencies. It looks likely that all age groups voted more than in any general election - so the old did have a higher turn out as always but figures in the 20s or 30s for the under 24s are wildly off the mark.
LSE estimates about 64% of under 24s, up from the 40s in a GE voted. They estimate those above 65 had a 90% turn out. So the result was significantly effected by the age demographic of voters but it is wrong to describe young voters as apathetic - everywhere we see that retired people vote more than working people when elections are held on a work day
Old 03-08-2016, 06:34 AM

bhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Actually that isn't true, it was something released as "a guess" by Sky in the hours after the vote and has stuck. Voting figures weren't actually recorded, there were no exit polls, so figures come from opinion polls and also by looking at the average age in constituencies. It looks likely that all age groups voted more than in any general election - so the old did have a higher turn out as always but figures in the 20s or 30s for the under 24s are wildly off the mark.
LSE estimates about 64% of under 24s, up from the 40s in a GE voted. They estimate those above 65 had a 90% turn out. So the result was significantly effected by the age demographic of voters but it is wrong to describe young voters as apathetic - everywhere we see that retired people vote more than working people when elections are held on a work day
So nobody knows the demographics basically. Not that it matters. The opinion of a 90 year old matters as much as an 18 year old. Democracy, eh?
Old 03-08-2016, 06:43 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcp View Post
So nobody knows the demographics basically. Not that it matters. The opinion of a 90 year old matters as much as an 18 year old. Democracy, eh?
Democracy is apparently a lot more fluid than we all thought it was. It turns out that the Bright Young Things have decided that democracy only actually truly matters when it reflects what they believe in.

I have been appalled by the reaction of many of the Remainers not only on here but out in the real world over this democracy question. I genuinely believed that the notion of one man/one vote was absolutely concreted into our collective psyche but that has taken an enormous battering over the last few weeks.

I am convinced now that many of them would happily support and be involved with a sort of velvet, at least to start with, dictatorship which took away the vote from the man on the street.