Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-08-2016, 04:41 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Don't be obtuse. You know I am talking about government economic strategy. The financial industry's strategy, going on a bit of ITK info here, appears to be little investment/f*cking off. What is going to plug that hole?
Agree to differ then, my current experience tends to tell a different tale, but time will tell who is right.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 04-08-2016, 04:43 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
although tbf people were getting big pay rises since inflation was so high
Not everybody was, many were losing their jobs and while I kept mine, we certainly did not enjoy big inflation busting pay rises

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 04-08-2016, 04:44 PM

rudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Was it 4 percent in one day? Bad times indeed. The know it all generation need some of this.

I would happily watch them cry into thier I phones. In fact, most would let the house go, as long as they could facebook and twatter.

Bring it on.
Taking pleasure in wishing economic hardship on the young. How strange.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:48 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Agree to differ then, my current experience tends to tell a different tale, but time will tell who is right.
Answer the question. What's going to plug the hole?
I assume you're also quite happy, being the globalist you are, that China are going to have a big hold on future energy provision? They are already issuing veiled threats because of May's review. 'Openess is the key way out of the Brexit aftermath' they say.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Glaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

When will you stop?
Old 04-08-2016, 05:03 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not everybody was, many were losing their jobs and while I kept mine, we certainly did not enjoy big inflation busting pay rises
The big unions were ok. But the rest of us weren't.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:13 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh and I remember when I was paying 17% interest on my mortgage, those were tough times !
I had a 10K loan at 19% with A & L. I paid back 21.5K

My mortgage got up to 12% as well. Very tough times.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:16 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep we will see, but money aside another good reason to leave the EU ahead of Brussels rigging it (like they did the Euro zone membership) to admit Turkey and even if recent events in Turkey delay their membership the current situation will do nothing to resolve the migrant crisis.
(To view the link you have to Register or Login)

As for Japan there are many who wish we were as good as Japan in making innovations into products the world wants, in my field Japan is the world leader and are way ahead of the UK and Europe. IMHO freeing us from the EU shackles will help us to turn our many innovations into world demand products, too often we have been stuck in EU red tape. Their apparent financial problems do not seem to have held them back.
Which EU shackles, specifically?
Old 04-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

Glaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaze came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-08-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
That's my outlook! the long haul!
Glad its not just your narrow minded view of life.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:06 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy View Post
Taking pleasure in wishing economic hardship on the young. How strange.
Strange, why? A bit of real life might help.

The worst time of my adult life, was under Thatcher, not Europe. She was a tory, in case you have never heard of her.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
I was told by one returning officer that people actually came into their polling station "bearing pens like swords". True story.
Ho Ho
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 04-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Indeed. Panic abounds

Old 04-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
That's my outlook! the long haul!
Its a marathon not a sprint. This hourly wetting of themselves (oh woe is me) by the remoaners is frankly embarrassing for the UK.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:27 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Carney did his bit today but it is now down to the government. Those communities and segments of the workforce that have borne the brunt of free trade and free movement should now be the priority. A big investment in small scale construction projects and renewable energy to start with combined with decentralisation and relocation away from London. If the city wants to try to blackmail us with job losses then it just shows how wrong our over-reliance on them has become. Their bonus money has ended up buying swathes of properties in Kent for rent, thereby denying young first time buyers. Light touch regulation, financial engineering, divi recaps, intra business loans to avoid tax, industrial scale tax avoidence, special restructuring groups in major banks, vulture funds. If they then threaten to move jobs after we have tolerated all that then our future strategy needs to be different.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:28 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Japan have had lower rates than .25% for a long time now and they have not been doing too badly.
Really?

SaulAlinsky
Old 04-08-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm watching you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Its a marathon not a sprint. This hourly wetting of themselves (oh woe is me) by the remoaners is frankly embarrassing for the UK.
Dont get it. I have never read thar post before.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Carney did his bit today but it is now down to the government. Those communities and segments of the workforce that have borne the brunt of free trade and free movement should now be the priority. A big investment in small scale construction projects and renewable energy to start with combined with decentralisation and relocation away from London. If the city wants to try to blackmail us with job losses then it just shows how wrong our over-reliance on them has become. Their bonus money has ended up buying swathes of properties in Kent for rent, thereby denying young first time buyers. Light touch regulation, financial engineering, divi recaps, intra business loans to avoid tax, industrial scale tax avoidence, special restructuring groups in major banks, vulture funds. If they then threaten to move jobs after we have tolerated all that then our future strategy needs to be different.
Remember who Carney (worked) works for.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:51 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
I would be very surprised that an industry that relies on much of its profits on predicting the future and observing trends is more than likely to have a "plan B" more so than any government or political party. I am certain we have no worries about the future health of the city of London.
I am sure it does have a plan - the plan is to move somewhere else.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 04-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
I am sure it does have a plan - the plan is to move somewhere else.