Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 24-06-2006, 12:38 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
Exactly. He isnt worth £3m. Maybe £2m tops. But, if it means getting 2 off our wage bill, then go for it.

Does anyone know is Simpson knows Black from Tommy's Carlisle days?
aj wasn't worth 8.5 million. when young english dtrikers become available the orice always becomes inflated

and yes i would love to have him
Old 24-06-2006, 12:38 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
and what's this reliable source?
Old 24-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Not a bad offer. 3 million, the bid would need to be quite high as they would not want to sell him to a rival. Blacky seems to have no future, and may as well be off the wage bill, and, whilst I would like to have seen a bit more from him, I would swap him for Nugent. I wonder if the offers acceptable for Preston, I think with Macken's record for them, they might accept that....
Old 24-06-2006, 12:50 PM

doogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peter Taylor is a huge fan of his after working with him in the U21's.
Old 24-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Grateful To Paul Hart

Kevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevan Woz Awful : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Nugent Bid

Quote:
Originally posted by HARRY MONK
have been told by a reliable source that we have bid over 3m for him plus TWO players.thought to be macken and black.would be a good signing if it comes off.
So presumably here's the next 'deal' that won't come off. That's not a dig at you either Harry, for I have no reason to doubt your source. It's simply an observation that every deal that hits the public domain tends to fall flat on it's face.

Seems to me that people at other clubs and agency's are exploiting our interest to better the deal that we are offering.
Either that or someone at Palace lacks integrity and has a loose tongue.

****Blessed are the cracked: For it is they who let in the light*****

****"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to shit his pants" - Enzo Ferrari*****
Old 24-06-2006, 12:54 PM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Yes please,but does seem to good to be true,wait and see suppose.
Old 24-06-2006, 01:04 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Hell yeah!
Old 24-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Just a girl

Missie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Actually I think they signed him from Bury for £200,000 and it was in Jan 05. And he was probably worth more than that, its just that I think that Preston knew that Bury needed the money so wouldn't turn down the offer.

(Actually Bury were so desperate for cash that they literally were hours from being wound up by various creditors. Some saving grace for Bury is that we think they've got a sell on clause of 25%. This would be fantastic for Bury (but have the directors put all their eggs in one basket praying for a Nugent transfer?))
Old 24-06-2006, 01:16 PM

pedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
More chance of SJ becoming a charlton season ticket holder than Bob Dowie getting this one over the line.
Old 24-06-2006, 01:19 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by pedro
More chance of SJ becoming a charlton season ticket holder than Bob Dowie getting this one over the line.
Tend to agree...love the thought, but, it would have been like
palace selling AJ to Wolves.
Old 24-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins

Does anyone know is Simpson knows Black from Tommy's Carlisle days?
No, Tommy was only there for a month in 1999

Simpson never went there until 2003
Old 24-06-2006, 01:49 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I'd love to sign him but is seems alot of cash
PT made it quite clear that he wanted to "replace" AJ, which implied that he was going to go for someone of high quality. You don't get proven strikers on the cheap and we will have to pay this in order to properly replace him.

Interesting to note that on the Preston site a few days ago, they were speculating that we had indeed made a bid of 3 million, and allegedly there may be a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for a certain amount ...

Interesting stuff anyway. He's the best proven player out there who we could realistically attract to do the job.
Old 24-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Preston accept this rumoured bid, I wouldn't be as skeptical as some on here about Nugent's desire to sign for us (as opposed to holding out for a prem transfer).

He'd be guaranteed a first-team place.
He'd be working with the U-21's manager, whom he's worked with already.
This same manager has a track record of developing young players.
We'd offer him a significant wage deal - not likely to be vastly bettered by any interested prem side at this stage in his career.

I would think that the key to this rumoured bid is Preston, not Nugent.
Old 24-06-2006, 01:59 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Walrus
If Preston accept this rumoured bid, I wouldn't be as skeptical as some on here about Nugent's desire to sign for us (as opposed to holding out for a prem transfer).

He'd be guaranteed a first-team place.
We'd offer him a significant wage deal - not likely to be vastly bettered by any interested prem side at this stage in his career.

I would think that the key to this rumoured bid is Preston, not Nugent.
My thoughts exactly.

The one thing that could work against us [if he doesn't have a release clause] is that they recently sold Claude Dvais which may strengthen their hand. At the end of the day though their chairman Derek Shaw has made it perfectly clear that they have to sell to be able to survive and I'm hopeful that they would be willing to listen to any proposal we put forward.

I don't think we would have too many problems attracting the player here though, for the reasons you mention. I reckon Preston are going to badly struggle this season, under a manager who may well be found out at this level.
Old 24-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Walrus
This is really the only card we have in this ambitious bid.
And the timing is right - before the post-WC frenzy begins.
I would put it at 20% chance.
Old 24-06-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
This is really the only card we have in this ambitious bid.
And the timing is right - before the post-WC frenzy begins.
I would put it at 20% chance.
I think that the money issue, the London factor and our more recent record of relative success would also prove persuasive.

I'd give us a 50% chance of being allowed to speak to him and a 75% chance of him subsequently joining if a fee was agreed.
Old 24-06-2006, 02:55 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Quote:
have been told by a reliable source that we have bid over 3m for him plus TWO players.thought to be macken and black.would be a good signing if it comes off.
That would be a stroke of genius if it came off!!
Old 24-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
People, watch him in action - the bloke's awesome. I'd be absolutely ecstatic with that deal.
Old 24-06-2006, 03:13 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here

Quote:
If this is PT's first move, it would be a great one. Nugent is worth 2,500,000 in my book but when you take into account they are selling to a rival and taking on Macken's wage liability then 3mill is about right.
Old 24-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Sonic Youth

Jolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJolly Norwegian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Re: Nugent Bid

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveTuttles
Hopefully but I will believe it when I see it.
Me too. Same applies to about a zillion other transfer rumours during silly season... I stopped getting excited about possible bodies over the line a long time ago