Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2017, 12:31 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
Hope this is true but i'll believe it when I see it.

In before no signings until deadline day, once again.
Will gladly put money on us signing no one.
Old 14-09-2017, 12:42 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Yes. I think out of PVA, Schlupp and Souare that PVA is the best footballer. Souare is the best crosser, but Schlupp is the best defender.
Maybe we can get special dispensation for all 3 to share a shirt on match days.
Old 14-09-2017, 12:50 PM

jamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is no way in hell we have £40m available to spend in January. We don't have the money, are making a loss and will only spend that if we were to sell some players for serious money.80% of our income goes on player wages and agents.
Old 14-09-2017, 12:52 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Goalkeeper
Winger
Number 10
Striker
With £40m to spend we'd have to go to League 1 to get all of those.
Old 14-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if we're not going to bother filling up a space with a free agent just in case we can't get rid of a few in the window. Personally, I'd sell them at a bit of a loss, but it's not my money I suppose.

£40m should buy:
Tosun,
Skorupski or the other youngster we almost got deadline day,
Winger.

I'm hoping that the first two were on Freedman's radar and we're still in for them.
We resubmit the 25 in January - so that can't be the reason.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:05 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
It's difficult to distinguish I know but this point is about the club not FDB.

Why didn't the club jettison it's baggage train of unwanted players in the Summer? That hasn't been the Manager's job (other than to say yes or no) up until now and I can't see why we didn't get rid of any (other than Mandanda who had to fight to leave by all accounts).

In addition, if we really had £40m why didn't we spend at least another £25-30m of it in the window that has just closed when prices are cheaper, there is more choice and we get the benefit throughout the whole season? It just seems suicidal on the clubs part even allowing for issues/doubts over the Manager. So a budget of £75-80m plus player sales would have allowed a significant refresh of the squad together player sales and loans.

I have to assume the sudden hike in prices, an over optimistic view of 'final day availability plus the odd every day, screw up has combined to a perfect storm. Sheesh
Old 14-09-2017, 01:21 PM
King Claude

Richwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would love Thomas Delaney from Werder Bremen
Old 14-09-2017, 01:32 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
The theory is good. However in practice who is going to want to buy and pay the wages of any of those four players? There is such disparity between our best 14 players and the rest of our squad. Look at Ledley, a stalwart of our squad for 3 or 4 years, rapid deterioration over 18 months or so and now can't find a club even though he is a free agent. We had to wait until Campbell's contract expired before we could get rid of him as no one would pay a transfer fee and his wages and I'm afraid it's the same with the 4 you mentioned.

We may look to sell pva? we have gone from having no left back to 4 that can play there assuming souare makes a full recovery plus schlupp and reidewald. Delaney won't get any football unless we get 4 or 5 injuries to centre backs - time to send him off for a final season in the championship?

I certainly agree with the positions that need filling.
I agree it's tricky. Just have to hope some other clubs get desperate.

Obviously all of them will come back and score against us.

In terms of the 'ins' we need to have more of the Wood from Leeds to Burnley deals. 15m was a snip for one of British football's most recent prolific strikers.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:33 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Part speculation, part of something I was told…
I was told Club had players lined up that were identified with Allardyce. FdB said he wanted to check the squad out too before deciding, and then decided he didn’t want those players.
Speculating, that after knowing what positions he wanted, he wasn’t as good at identifying players that he wanted, and those that he had, concerned the board i.e. Reiderwald being too small.
This meant that the board were concerned about backing him too heavily, particularly knowing that it was likely he’d be gone pretty soon, meaning budget is available now.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:42 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is here
One of the main problems with us changing our manager so often over the past few years is that it has allowed the dross to remain at the club as they get given a new chance each time.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:47 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieb73 View Post
There is no way in hell we have £40m available to spend in January. We don't have the money, are making a loss and will only spend that if we were to sell some players for serious money.80% of our income goes on player wages and agents.
The last set of accounts were the first to show a loss in the PL. In that time we still have a surplus. Think it is closer to 70% on wages but only the accounts in a few months will show us that with the increased TV deal.

Oh and if you are using the profit and loss accounts to justify whether we are likely to sign a player, then transfer fees are depreciated over the length of the contract.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:52 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
It's difficult to distinguish I know but this point is about the club not FDB.

Why didn't the club jettison it's baggage train of unwanted players in the Summer? That hasn't been the Manager's job (other than to say yes or no) up until now and I can't see why we didn't get rid of any (other than Mandanda who had to fight to leave by all accounts). Have you tried selling your rubbish instead of having the council collect it? Fact is our deadwood is not good enough for the wages they are on so no-one will take them.

In addition, if we really had £40m why didn't we spend at least another £25-30m of it in the window that has just closed when prices are cheaper, there is more choice and we get the benefit throughout the whole season? It just seems suicidal on the clubs part even allowing for issues/doubts over the Manager. So a budget of £75-80m plus player sales would have allowed a significant refresh of the squad together player sales and loans. We were reportedly in for several players on deadline day even after the Sakho deal was done, therefore we were trying to spend the money. Some reports suggest FDB kept saying no.

I have to assume the sudden hike in prices, an over optimistic view of 'final day availability plus the odd every day, screw up has combined to a perfect storm. Sheesh
We certainly need to do better in the window in future.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I was told Club had players lined up that were identified with Allardyce. FdB said he wanted to check the squad out too before deciding, and then decided he didn’t want those players.
Speculating, that after knowing what positions he wanted, he wasn’t as good at identifying players that he wanted, and those that he had, concerned the board i.e. Reiderwald being too small.
This meant that the board were concerned about backing him too heavily, particularly knowing that it was likely he’d be gone pretty soon, meaning budget is available now.
I don't think Jairo is too small to play in a 3, as long as he gets up well and is physically strong (TBH I don't think I can tell so far having seen very little game time back there). Playing him in a 2 could be far more of a struggle. Obviously it's better if you are taller. To digress - I wonder how Bobby Moore or Colin Todd would fair these days. I just looked up how tall Bobby was and one site said he was 6'2". If he was really that tall I think he must have shrunk in the wash when I saw him play.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:58 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Chris Hughton can do one
well I assume the next time Chris finds himself out of work he will do the honourable thing and reject any approaches from clubs interested in him should it be mid season
Old 14-09-2017, 01:58 PM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
We've got to stop doing this
Old 14-09-2017, 02:03 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
All this 40 million and links to Jack w are all press speculation to make a story out of nothing. I will pay attention when the next window opens
Old 14-09-2017, 02:07 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
So anyone who has followed him closely, how has Roy been in previous transfer windows? What kind of players does he tend to go for?
Old 14-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I heard something similar. We had a keeper all agreed and about to sign. When FDB came on board he cancelled it.
Old 14-09-2017, 02:22 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
God I hate the term 'War chest'. It sounds so over the top and immature.
Old 14-09-2017, 02:23 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
So anyone who has followed him closely, how has Roy been in previous transfer windows? What kind of players does he tend to go for?
Paul Konchesky
Closed Thread