Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 29-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Liam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiam_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ademola Lookman joins RB Leipzig on loan

We need to be all over this come January. Doesn’t get a look in for Everton which amazes me due to their lack of options. Very good young player
Old 29-10-2017, 06:50 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_Palace View Post
We need to be all over this come January. Doesn’t get a look in for Everton which amazes me due to their lack of options. Very good young player
Think we are bullied a lot in games , would prefer someone stronger ( a Bolasie type )
Old 29-10-2017, 07:24 PM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good player but not a priority.
Goalkeeper and striker paramount.
Old 29-10-2017, 07:48 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Good player but not a priority.
Goalkeeper and striker paramount.
Isn't he a striker?
Old 29-10-2017, 09:05 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Might depend on who becomes Everton manager,they might like him.
Old 29-10-2017, 09:41 PM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Isn't he a striker?
Generally plays as a winger.
Old 29-10-2017, 09:59 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Generally plays as a winger.
Versatility that would be a bonus as we probably can’t justify 2 more “out and out” strikers.
Old 29-10-2017, 10:23 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
I think the fact he isn't getting a look in at a poor Everton team would suggest this could be a real possibility. Particularly as he might fancy a return to South London. And don't tell me he doesn't have ability, he's proven on his day he's got something about him, obviously the demands and expectations at Everton are huge and they seem frightened to use him.

Clinton Morrison
Old 30-10-2017, 09:34 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
I think the fact he isn't getting a look in at a poor Everton team would suggest this could be a real possibility. Particularly as he might fancy a return to South London. And don't tell me he doesn't have ability, he's proven on his day he's got something about him, obviously the demands and expectations at Everton are huge and they seem frightened to use him.
This. ^^^

People who say a striker is a priority are missing the point. By the time the window opens in January we will have Benteke, and hopefully Wickham, back. Plus we have a proven goalscorer in Zaha, our best striker, who is basically 1 in 3 since the middle of last season.

Actually if Zaha moves to play upfront with Benteke (as he should), and Hodgson plays 4-4-2 (as he likes to do) we will need another winger. Townsend and Sako will need competition. So I say that we should sign Lookman ahead of a striker.
Old 30-10-2017, 09:37 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Another winger/come striker gives us great options with Wilf and Townsend now showing they can play upfront fairly effectively.

Also a very talented player who could fire us back up from the Championship should the worst happen.
Old 30-10-2017, 10:01 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
rather him than Traore but the Ev will want loads for him and striker/GK come first
Old 30-10-2017, 10:08 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
rather him than Traore but the Ev will want loads for him and striker/GK come first
Im not sure how they can demand too much for him considering he's only a bit part player who will most probably want out which will surely play against Everton. If the supposed £40M is there for Hodgson that would surely get Lookman in with a forward and a keeper providing Lookman is going for something sensible around £10M.

Clinton Morrison
Old 30-10-2017, 10:46 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Strikers: Zaha, Benteke and Wickham

Wingers: Townsend, Sako
Old 30-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Strikers: Zaha, Benteke and Wickham

Wingers: Townsend, Sako
not a striker, will take a while to get going, made of twigs

we can't rely on Wickham as backup, we need a decent signing there who is capable in the air and will give good competition of Benteke (god knows he needs it)
Old 30-10-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Im not sure how they can demand too much for him considering he's only a bit part player who will most probably want out which will surely play against Everton. If the supposed £40M is there for Hodgson that would surely get Lookman in with a forward and a keeper providing Lookman is going for something sensible around £10M.
Even £15m rising to £20m would be ok in current market conditions. he's a top player. No doubt about that. I like how 2 footed he is already. Bolasie will surely be ahead of him, and is nearing a comeback. Everton have too much pressure on them to play the youngsters, especially non-academy ones.

Sign him up.
Old 30-10-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
not a striker, will take a while to get going, made of twigs

we can't rely on Wickham as backup, we need a decent signing there who is capable in the air and will give good competition of Benteke (god knows he needs it)
We can rely on Wickham as back-up to Benteke. We can't afford to splash big money on a 4th choice striker when finances are tight. Wickham has done very well for us when fit. He leads the line, is technically good and he will score goals given a run of games. Zaha for me is an automatic next to Benteke, with Townsend being Wilf's back-up.

But we could do with some more wingers. I'm not against playing only one winger on one side, with a centre mid playing left/right mid on the other (McArthur or RLC for example). But there will be times when we will need wingers both sides. With Zaha now playing up front we need another winger imho. Also, we could do with some more young talent on our books. Again, Lookman fits the bill.
Old 30-10-2017, 11:39 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is a terrific young prospect that is developing and is someone i rate highly, but developing is the key word, so is he the answer to our immediate striker needs for next season should we stay up? not sure if he has the experience needed as a starter, more likely if in a squad of 4 strikers that will be needed.
However if we are relegated then for sure there will be a clearout with Benteke and Zaha being sold so a change in system will be needed, and if Wickham is back fully fit then he and Lookman would be perfect to develop in a Front Two. I would also add Danny Ings and Hughil (Preston) to give us a real strong group of goalscoring strikers for the Championship campaign.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:24 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Same was said about Burke. We know where that went
Old 01-11-2017, 02:34 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Same was said about Burke. We know where that went
Are you referring as to why he is not playing? i believe it is due to him being injured.
If you refer to why we did not get Burke, who knows, other than Palace tend to drag its heels when it comes to signings. But it was a pity as i feel Burke is a very good prospect, the same as Lookman.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:08 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Lookman

He appears to be a bit part player at Everton at the moment. Would they be interested in selling and would he be interested in coming back to London?

Quick, very young and could work well playing off Benteke or as another option on the wing.