Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 08:01 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
For what it's worth a few rumours on twitter from a reliable source that he could be coming to us!
Twitter is bollocks.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Haha I saw that.. how is he reliable? Looked like he was taking Piss to me
It came second hand from my son sorry!
Old 04-01-2018, 08:23 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
No chance
Old 04-01-2018, 08:53 PM

PremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Haha I saw that.. how is he reliable? Looked like he was taking Piss to me

Spot on, he was
Old 04-01-2018, 10:43 PM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not happening. We won't spend £26m total this window let alone on 1 player.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:50 PM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
So we won't be signing Amadou then? As him and the Ipswich keeper would be 20m or so before a striker
Old 04-01-2018, 10:53 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
We'd be foolish not to. We need to invest in three players minimum so can't see us getting away with less than that.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:18 PM

FMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Forgetting Dembele, is that spend or net spend? What if say Van Aanholt goes for £10 million?
Old 04-01-2018, 11:19 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
This type of thinking makes me angry.

Football transfers are not about buying sure things. This is especially true for centre forwards.

The only teams who can buy guaranteed goals are the top teams and even then it can go very wrong, see Vincent Janssen.

You need to buy potential. Either kids like Moussa or older players not fulfilling their talent.

Would we have bought Wright or AJ based on their records?

Benteke was bought based on a proven record.
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge end eagle View Post
So we won't be signing Amadou then? As him and the Ipswich keeper would be 20m or so before a striker
Amadou will be a loan (big fee) with view to permanent in the summer I heard.

Might be wrong though..

monkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Overrated - Watched all home games at Fulham when he played there as I operate the LED on match days - nothing special, SPL makes him look good IMO
Old 04-01-2018, 11:37 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Same with scott sinclair
Old 05-01-2018, 10:06 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Very much has proven his pedigree, just take a look at the stats "LewisUK" produced, if that is not impressive for a 21 yr old to interest us, then we must be brimming with talented strikers at Palace.
This is the kid who has scored some "crackers" for Celtic that i have seen, some may say it is only the Scottish league, but a goalscorer will score wherever as we saw with Kenny Dalglish and Charlie Nicholas when they came over, quality is permanent. Also this lad had the quality to score a beauty against Barca in the Champions league amongst other goals in that league must say something, that makes him good enough for me and surely little old Palace.
Seen those and i have clearly said that his scoring in the Championship was below that of several players who either have, or are now playing in the premier league and not scoring many. Scoring lots in the Championship (and Scottish league) does not automatically translate into scoring lots in the PL.

He may well make it, he might not, but £18m is a big gamble for us, it would be our 3rd highest ever transfer fee wouldn't it?

Aged 20 Wickham scored 8 goals in 11 games on loan in the Championship at Sheff Wed. Its far more about whether his attributes will translate.

How about his accuracy shooting? This season 5 Celtic players are more accurate and Dembele has a similar % rate of hitting the target with his shots as their left back! Scott Sinclair leads the way and he leads with goals and assists. So why do you think Dembele will be so much better a player in the PL compared to him?
Old 05-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
Benteke was bought based on a proven record.
Haven't you just proved my point?
Old 06-01-2018, 04:36 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

"At still just 20, Celtic are reportedly targeting £40m for a player they got on a free transfer in 2016."
Old 06-01-2018, 05:00 PM
analyse this

bourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is here
Wouldn't surprise me if there's something in his contract a release fee of some kind of a prem club comes a courting
Old 07-01-2018, 01:22 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Would people be happy to have just one striker if it was this bloke, I think I would. How many spaces will we have in the 25 for all the new signings that we're after anyway? I thought we only had one left. Can we remove Punch and Dann from the 25 now they're out for the season? I can't remember.

If it was to be between us, Brighton, Stoke and Everton I think we'd stand a chance from his point of view if the price was right.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:50 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Would people be happy to have just one striker if it was this bloke, I think I would. How many spaces will we have in the 25 for all the new signings that we're after anyway? I thought we only had one left. Can we remove Punch and Dann from the 25 now they're out for the season? I can't remember.

If it was to be between us, Brighton, Stoke and Everton I think we'd stand a chance from his point of view if the price was right.
We only had 24 players to start with and now Dann and Puncheon are out for the season so that's down to 22. I imagine we will sell one player at least - KaiKai, Mutch (please someone buy him ffs) and Lee could move on.

You don't have to include players in your squad if they are long term injuries but if you don't have 25 players over 21 then they are automatically included. I think that's how it works anyway.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Probationary User

Henry’s Cat is playing for a contract
Andy Dorman looked good in Scotland.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:05 PM

Thanks.

If we have the money, I'd love this fella, the Spanish keeper and the French midfield/centre back on loan with view to buy in the summer. Expensive, but possible.