Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

View Poll Results: The Transfer window
day 1 5 1.78%
week 2 62 22.06%
week 3 65 23.13%
last minute of the last day 149 53.02%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Parish is still waiting for the bargains to fall into his lap at 10 pm on the final day
Yeah, the bastard’s already had nearly a day.

Cricket wanker.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:49 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
I honestly expect a couple of quality players at least. We have got ourselves right back into it and with the money we’ve already spent I can see us taking a bit of the summer budget now to ensure survival. We have weak links now and that could send us down. Plug them and we have one of the best sides in the bottom 10 by some margin and should... as much as that can be said... be ok.

I’d have said 2/3..with Dann now it’s 3/4 players. With lack of games in January I can see at least a couple being late in the window though, especially with the added cost of a cb not remotely budgeted for

Striker
CB
Goalkeeper
Midfielder

In that order of importance now
Old 01-01-2018, 10:06 PM

BringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is hereBringbackShipps Sam the man is here
wonder if Roy will change plans slightly and use Jairo as our midfield cover and prioritise a centre-back instead of a centre mid now. Someone in the mould of that Klavan chap at Liverpool would be perfect, think the Scousers paid about four million quid for him, plenty of top level experience and nothing flashy for a modest fee. Hopefully our scouts have been paying attention and can find someone similar.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:07 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Definitely. If we can just stay up then some good recruitment will put us in a great place. Although the big cloud on the horizon of course is what happens with Wilf. I really hope we can keep him for another season at least but we'll be put under big presssure to sell.
We would already be very likely to need to replace Loftus-Cheek and Cabaye as well, so think it will be a very tough window let alone if we lose Wilf too.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:28 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
We would already be very likely to need to replace Loftus-Cheek and Cabaye as well, so think it will be a very tough window let alone if we lose Wilf too.
Yep, lots of incomings will be needed.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:02 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Goalies
Hen
Speroni
We clearly need a third, maybe a foreign loan with a view to buying in summer

Full backs
Ward
Tfm
Sclupp
Pva

Reidewald / Kelly as additional cover
Souare out on loan?

No need to buy anyone unless pva goes - we bring in target or keep souare?

Centre backs
Sakho (out for another month?) injury prone?
Tomkins - injury prone
Kelly - solid back up
Delaney - not reliable on last years form

Reidewald / tfm as cover but no prem experience

I expect this will now be an area we will look to strengthen due to Dann injury?

Midfield - will Roy revert to 442 or stick with 451?
Cabaye
Luka
Macarthur
Rlc
Reidewald
Townsend
Zaha
Sako

In an ideal world we would buy one central midfielder and one wide player who is also capable of playing as a second striker

Strikers
Benteke

Goes without saying we need someone to play alongside/instead of benteke.

This gives us a core squad of 18 players who can be seen as capable in the premier league (this includes Delaney and our 2 current keepers who are barely prem quality) plus Wickham who is a long way off fitness.

So, in order of priority we need.

1 a striker - I’d go for slimani - I think he would suit our style more than Leicester’s
2 centre half - not an area we expected to be investing in but realistically need better 4th choice than Delaney. Dougie and Roy will need to earn their corn here. Perhaps Kline from Norwich as a stopgap? He’s only 29.
3 goalie - Kevin Trapp on loan would be amazing
4 midfielder - I wish we had got Burke - struck me as a real palace player - lookman woukd be good signing too - maybe have to forgoe this are until summer with reidewald looking decent?

Gives us 21 players to get through the season.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:30 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I think a striker and centre back now become our priorities. Jairo may well be used more as a midfielder now.

The keeper is important but I think the other two are probably more critical now. As others have suggested, maybe a foreign loan could work or a cheapish player who can add depth for the rest of the season before we look at it properly in the summer.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:45 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Goalies
Hen
Speroni
We clearly need a third, maybe a foreign loan with a view to buying in summer

Full backs
Ward
Tfm
Sclupp
Pva

Reidewald / Kelly as additional cover
Souare out on loan?

No need to buy anyone unless pva goes - we bring in target or keep souare?

Centre backs
Sakho (out for another month?) injury prone?
Tomkins - injury prone
Kelly - solid back up
Delaney - not reliable on last years form

Reidewald / tfm as cover but no prem experience

I expect this will now be an area we will look to strengthen due to Dann injury?

Midfield - will Roy revert to 442 or stick with 451?
Cabaye
Luka
Macarthur
Rlc
Reidewald
Townsend
Zaha
Sako

In an ideal world we would buy one central midfielder and one wide player who is also capable of playing as a second striker

Strikers
Benteke

Goes without saying we need someone to play alongside/instead of benteke.

This gives us a core squad of 18 players who can be seen as capable in the premier league (this includes Delaney and our 2 current keepers who are barely prem quality) plus Wickham who is a long way off fitness.

So, in order of priority we need.

1 a striker - I’d go for slimani - I think he would suit our style more than Leicester’s
2 centre half - not an area we expected to be investing in but realistically need better 4th choice than Delaney. Dougie and Roy will need to earn their corn here. Perhaps Kline from Norwich as a stopgap? He’s only 29.
3 goalie - Kevin Trapp on loan would be amazing
4 midfielder - I wish we had got Burke - struck me as a real palace player - lookman woukd be good signing too - maybe have to forgoe this are until summer with reidewald looking decent?

Gives us 21 players to get through the season.
Very decent post. I think you mean Timm Klose as a centre half option.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:53 PM

PremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Think our budget has to stretch for an extra player now

Think we’ll sign

GK
CB
CM
ST

Personally would look at a European loan to cover centre back or midfield free upmaome money for decent striker and a good keeper

I think any European loan would be a keeper as we’ve been linked to two in Trapp and the Athletico keeper at the end of the summer (saw his name mentioned the other day) then either someone like Alfie Mawson at Swansea or a defender from the championship, a bit part prem or European striker and maybe a CM if the budget stretches, but Riedewald stepping up may make the less of a priority this window
Old 01-01-2018, 11:58 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Thank you. Yes I meant Klose - predicted text did me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Very decent post. I think you mean Timm Klose as a centre half option.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm listening ....

xian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Huddersfield close to signing central defender Kongolo from Monaco. How do they get their targets so early whereas we will probably wait until 11pm on the 31st Jan
Old 02-01-2018, 11:35 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Money will be found.
Down the back of the sofa?
Old 02-01-2018, 11:35 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xian1 View Post
Huddersfield close to signing central defender Kongolo from Monaco. How do they get their targets so early whereas we will probably wait until 11pm on the 31st Jan
are you new here. We have a rubbish scouting network. We are just about to start Phase 1 ie linked with some decent players inadvertantly alerting other clubs who will outbid us by a small amount
Old 02-01-2018, 11:36 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because after 5 years in this league, we've learnt nothing.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:19 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you do your research in advance and know your targets and "feelers/discussions" can take place with the intended club, then there should be no reason why signings cant be completed asap as we have seen with Huddersfield which did not just happen overnight.
I think we need to see what happens in the next week or so but NO later before we start pointing the finger should nothing happen.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:28 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Thank you. Yes I meant Klose - predicted text did me!
We really should have Wickham back any moment so he will help with the striker bit - ideally we want and have done since Chamack that no. 10.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:33 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With injuries to Dann and Sakho we really need to buy another Centre Back. Didn't think we would need to do this but it is not an area you take a chance with. Tompkins does get his fair share of injuries too.

As ever we need to buy or loan a decent Striker to provide competition for Benteke.

Not sure how far the budget will go but a 1st team Keeper as well.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:05 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
If you do your research in advance and know your targets and "feelers/discussions" can take place with the intended club, then there should be no reason why signings cant be completed asap as we have seen with Huddersfield which did not just happen overnight.
I think we need to see what happens in the next week or so but NO later before we start pointing the finger should nothing happen.
Absolutely...
Old 02-01-2018, 01:10 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hijack it if he's any good, everybody else does it to us, put the London slant on it and get Jairo to have a word being Dutch.
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 02-01-2018, 01:21 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's so frustrating.
Closed Thread