Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 26-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Suspect we will get a first-choice keeper and reserve striker. Anyone else would be a replacement for other players leaving.
Old 26-12-2017, 10:42 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Let us hope some if these are already sorted. Can we register on Tuesday morning and then have them play at Soton?
Old 26-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Registered Confused.

Brod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I reckon the 1st eleven is good enough. We need another striker obviously and then two or three players that will improve options off the bench and push the 1st eleven.
Old 26-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Registered Confused.

Brod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrod came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And a 1st choice keeper.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:02 AM

wavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
If it's anything as good as the last time Dougie was involved in recruitment we could end up improving the squad. At least we aren't cut adrift and are attractive to players that might make a positive difference. Equally I would expect a few that cant/dont/won't to be sold/loaned. We don't have a lot of quality beyond the first eleven in truth.
I have high hopes for the Dougie/Roy/Phil/Steve team.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:43 AM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Suspect we will get a first-choice keeper and reserve striker. Anyone else would be a replacement for other players leaving.
On the other hand, no signings until an overpriced journeyman striker in the last few hours of the window would be more the norm.
Old 27-12-2017, 08:12 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
On the other hand, no signings until an overpriced journeyman striker in the last few hours of the window would be more the norm.
Surely though lessons have been learnt.
Old 27-12-2017, 08:15 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Still think we need better in the middle.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:22 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
That will not happen this time.
Old 27-12-2017, 01:01 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Surely though lessons have been learnt.
What’s Niassie doing on 31/01?!
Old 27-12-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
That will not happen this time.
i really hope so!
Old 27-12-2017, 03:09 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
I have high hopes for the Dougie/Roy/Phil/Steve team.
Same here. However I fear that agents will play the clubs off against one another until close to deadline day as usual, provoking the usual comments about why we can't get anything done. On this issue I have a lot of sympathy with SP. The stadium, not so much. But on this unless we pay over the odds it's hard to sign anyone on Jan 1st.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 27-12-2017, 03:23 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Same here. However I fear that agents will play the clubs off against one another until close to deadline day as usual, provoking the usual comments about why we can't get anything done. On this issue I have a lot of sympathy with SP. The stadium, not so much. But on this unless we pay over the odds it's hard to sign anyone on Jan 1st.
My views too.
Decent manager, improving league position and good team culture are attractive, but players are understandably mercenary like any contractor would be. The numbers are eye-watering - but there you go.
Old 27-12-2017, 03:35 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
My views too.
Decent manager, improving league position and good team culture are attractive, but players are understandably mercenary like any contractor would be. The numbers are eye-watering - but there you go.
You could almost call it a stadium worth. Or a stand worth. Same thing to some. Loads of money anyway and no guarantees either.

I guess the alternative would be to have some sort of long term plan involving an academy and worldwide scouting. Buts that's just nuts and just not Palace.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 27-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
You could almost call it a stadium worth. Or a stand worth. Same thing to some. Loads of money anyway and no guarantees either.

I guess the alternative would be to have some sort of long term plan involving an academy and worldwide scouting. Buts that's just nuts and just not Palace.

Old 27-12-2017, 03:56 PM

Gregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is here
Roy has said we'll be after a GK, a CM and a ST. The CM sounds like it will be one brought in as competition for Milivojevic.

From what I've seen, we've been linked with the following.

GK: Diego Lopez, Bartosz Bialkowski, Tomas Holy and Kevin Trapp.
Given we need the new GK to be the undisputed first choice, Tomas Holy plays too low down for me. Diego Lopez is highly rated, but at 36 this would be a stop gap. Kevin Trapp is the most glamorous name we've been linked to, but will also be the most expensive of the four. I've also seen Liverpool linked. Bartosz Bialkowski looks promising from the highlight reel and is reportedly the best GK in the Championship.

Verdict: I'd go for Bartosz Bialkowski. While we don't know exactly how much we'll have to spend, it seems he'd be a reasonable price and allow us to use funds elsewhere.

CM: Jack Wilshere, Stefano Sturaro, Mohammed Elyounoussi, Harry Arter.
IIRC, Roy wanted this position to be competition for Luka. Wilshere has looked great lately, but is famously known for injury problems. Sturaro looks like a combative midfielder at Juve with a good pedigree. Arter is out of favour and I've been impressed previously, but you'd have to question if Bournemouth would sell to a relegation rival. Elyounoussi is very highly rated with CL experience with Basel. He is more attacking than the other three, but is versatile.

Verdict: Elyounoussi. I know he doesn't exactly fit the bill, but I think Riedewald could do that job. Mcarthur and Cabaye can also play a disciplined role. For me we're really short of attacking players and to have someone like Elyounoussi to provide actual competition to Zaha and Townsend would be a huge improvement to our squad depth.

ST: Cenk Tosun, Benik Afobe, Khouma Babacar, Richmond Boakye, Guido Carillo, Karl Toko Ekambi, Giroud, Danny Ings

A lot of names here. Tosun will be the majorities first choice I'd imagine. His stock has risen considerably since failing to sign him in August. Afobe is a reasonable player at this level, but not exciting. Giroud we can dismiss. Being linked to Babacar again seems like lazy journalism. Boakye and Ekambi don't have the CV to be first choice material. Carilla is interesting. It looks like he's been a bit part player for Monaco playing understudy to the brilliant Falcao and M'bappe. He's averaging around 1 in 4 appearances, but I'd imagine a fair amount of those are subs. Ings was excellent for Burnley, but has had a horrid time with injuries. I recall reading that Freedman was previously a fan so this seems like it might have legs.

Verdict: Tough call. If funds allow it, Tosun would be excellent, but I'd be content with Ings. Yes, he has had injury problems, but he offers something different. Ings is the type of striker to run in behind and press defenders which aren't the strengths of Benteke or Wickham.

Assuming everyone is fit would leave us with a lot of options on match day. I could see Roy going for something like this frequently at home:

---------------------------------Bialkowski----------------------------
Fosu-Mensah----------Tomkins-----------Sakho---------------Schlupp
------------------------Milivojevic--------Cabaye----------------------
Townsend-----------------------------------------------------------Loftus-Cheek
-------------------------Benteke------------Zaha---------------------------
Bench:
Speroni
Dann
Ward
Mcarthur
Elyounoussi
Wickham
Ings

This team becomes a lot harder to pick with the extra attacking options available.

Last edited by Gregz41; 27-12-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 27-12-2017, 04:21 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
Ings would be a huge risk fitness wise
Old 27-12-2017, 05:00 PM

Kiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We are skint,we need to sell before we buy
Old 27-12-2017, 05:02 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiazer Soze View Post
We are skint,we need to sell before we buy
We aren’t
Old 27-12-2017, 05:29 PM
South Penge Massive

Giroud would be good. What's his fitness status, anyone know?

Pretty obvious really.
Closed Thread