Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 27-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Strikers on loan (if we can send TFM back) shouldn't be to much of a problem?

There is Sturridge, Batshuayi and Giroud, all looking for playing time before the World Cup.

In fact that could be the consensus for a few experienced heads in all the positions, even, Trapp.

As for younger players I am sure Roy with his knowledge has been working with Doug and Parish about the weakness in the squad

Last edited by Crunchie; 27-12-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 27-12-2017, 05:43 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Giroud would be good. What's his fitness status, anyone know?
enger confirms Monreal is sidelined for 10 days ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Crystal Palace tomorrow. Ramsey and Giroud could return in mid-January.

While Everton are scouring the market for attacking reinforcements during the January transfer window, Allardyce doesn't believe interest in Arsenal's Olivier Giroud will be rekindled.

“I wouldn't have thought so as he refused to come last time,” he said.

“As far as I know he doesn't want to move north of Watford, well his wife doesn't want to anyway. It's very important to the wives, believe you me. Normally they are the bosses.”

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
He was tempted to come here but he doesn’t fancy playing in front of a bodged stand instead of a superstadio so it’s all off
Old 27-12-2017, 05:48 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Back in early January according to Wenger at his Press Conference.
Old 27-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
We aren’t
We keep going around this one don't we.

We are not skint in the sense of the club having cash available but due to the controls over players wages expenditure FFP/STCC there are limits to how much can be spent which in turn is derived from specific income streams. No one outside of the club has an accurate understanding of what can and can't be spent and it's not in the club's interest to widely publicise accurate figures and so it will remain unclear.

Once that becomes clear then it is normally followed by a circular argument about how the club should just ignore those limits because they perceive other clubs do. As no one outside those clubs and governing bodies/accountants actually know this is as pointless as the rest.

If the governing bodies decided to make a point and penalise clubs with transfer bans, points deductions or huge fines no doubt the same people would moan that the club shouldn't have broken the regs. Doh ...... Merry Xmas

I am not sure if these limits are effective in terms or protecting club solvency or not but it's pretty clear that it makes the management of the squad even more complex than it already was.
Old 27-12-2017, 08:58 PM

wavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Same here. However I fear that agents will play the clubs off against one another until close to deadline day as usual, provoking the usual comments about why we can't get anything done. On this issue I have a lot of sympathy with SP. The stadium, not so much. But on this unless we pay over the odds it's hard to sign anyone on Jan 1st.
Agreed. For all the calls to get in players early I suspect it's often out of our hands. For the selling club and agents there's no incentive to sell early, they'll use the full window to get the best price. It's what we would do. Early sells only happen if the selling needs funds for other players.
Old 27-12-2017, 09:29 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
He was tempted to come here but he doesn’t fancy playing in front of a bodged stand instead of a superstadio so it’s all off
I like him more and more. See what I did there?

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 27-12-2017, 09:37 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
Agreed. For all the calls to get in players early I suspect it's often out of our hands. For the selling club and agents there's no incentive to sell early, they'll use the full window to get the best price. It's what we would do. Early sells only happen if the selling needs funds for other players.
Yeah good point re: funds. I know it's all amortised over the life of the contract but if you take Benteke at 25 million plus 6 million per year in wages on a 3 year deal that's still 43 million divided by 3 equals 14 333,000 per year or something. Not sure how the mechanics work re the payments but for a club haemorrhaging money in the championship, it might be hard to resist, no matter what the agent says. I guess they'll agree the fee first then hope the agent doesn't take all window to get an even more nuts deal for the player.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:08 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Neil Warnock has just said on radio that Palace could’ve got Van Dijk for £6m from Celtic when he was manager, and felt it was a good price but the chief scout said he wasn’t very quick so didn’t feel he was worth it.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:34 AM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Want a forward, keeper and wing cover at the very least. But worried that Parish will pull the "Connor...er.... ya' know....is like a new signing....and we're committed to the cost of the stadia...." gubbins.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:45 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fella View Post
Want a forward, keeper and wing cover at the very least. But worried that Parish will pull the "Connor...er.... ya' know....is like a new signing....and we're committed to the cost of the stadia...." gubbins.
Careful.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:49 AM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Messi
Ronaldo
and that German gk.
Messi doesn't track back and Ronaldo is a one trick pony.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
We know there is money available for both a striker and GK as we were trying to do deals for both late on last deadline day. If the club had learnt anything whatsoever, those deals would be over the line ASAP, as the VVD transfer shows, these things can happen even before the window opens.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Three more 'sleeps' before we see the impact Doog has had in his new role with surely the first few key signings being announced and greeted with universal acclaim. No pressure .......... and no chance of both of those being right, but I'll settle for the latter. Feeling lucky?
Old 13-01-2018, 12:52 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
I know every time we sit here and say it can't be as rubbish again but what do we think our Transfer Window will score out of 10 this time ?
eg last time, we got Sakho but were left massively exposed so I would give it a 3/10 which is about normal for Palace ? Last Jan was 6/10 ?

What do we think this time. Surely we can't do a 'Palace' this time ?!!
Almost halfway through and going as expected.......
Old 13-01-2018, 07:00 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Let's hope parish don't look at table and think I can save spending money after beating burnley with the injurys we got squad looks so weak. You look at our bench today you probaly would only want to play Cabaye out of any of them if you had too a striker is a must.
Old 13-01-2018, 07:13 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Amadou Mamadou Sakho Sakho Sako Paco Alcacer
Old 13-01-2018, 07:14 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Being a bit more optimistic about our situation, 12th makes us more attractive a prospect.

Let's hope Freedman's been doing his research.
Old 13-01-2018, 07:16 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Amadou Mamadou Sakho Sakho Sako Paco Alcacer
What about Seco?

Werner Herzog
Old 17-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is here
Blimey....there's no new rumours this week, let alone new signings!!!