Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 11:08 PM

WashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't expect much spending. Maybe take on a CB for 5-6m? Maybe a keeper for 2-3m? I think what we have is good enough to stay up. I definitely don't see RLC being signed on for 25m or so.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:16 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashDCEagle View Post
I don't expect much spending. Maybe take on a CB for 5-6m? Maybe a keeper for 2-3m? I think what we have is good enough to stay up. I definitely don't see RLC being signed on for 25m or so.
You don't think we need to sign a striker?!!!
Old 06-01-2018, 09:56 AM

mylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
You don't think we need to sign a striker?!!!
Need and get are different things. I expect we will carry on with Big Ben and Sako with Wickham returning in Feb.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:00 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylona View Post
Need and get are different things. I expect we will carry on with Big Ben and Sako with Wickham returning in Feb.
Even so we would be light up front. We still need a decent striker in to freshen up our attacking options.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:35 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Can't believe we've missed out on Coutinho. Parish out !!
Old 06-01-2018, 10:44 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
We have to sign a new striker - ideally two. We have no choice.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:54 AM

mylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
We have to sign a new striker - ideally two. We have no choice.
Looking at the players we are alleged to be interested in, according to the threads here, I am getting sad. They might give backup and competion but I can't see a real improvement over what we have. Is it just me or are you getting excited by the names mentioned?
Old 07-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Agreed. I'd hate it if we waste money on cover players. They need to be good enough to be in our best XI
Old 07-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Looking at the players we are alleged to be interested in, according to the threads here, I am getting sad. They might give backup and competion but I can't see a real improvement over what we have. Is it just me or are you getting excited by the names mentioned?
Sorry but that it totally the wrong way round. January is where you get cover and different options, not rebuild the first team (bar major issues like having two keepers injured or similar).

Right now, under Roy, our first choice XI (if fit and in form) is playing exactly where you would expect it to, mid table PL, but hampered by the woeful start and hence probably about 6 or 7 points down on where we should be. If you put aside the GK situation (and in reality neither JS or WH have cost us points in the past dozen or so games) our first XI is fine....even without the long term injuries we have just had.

Ward/TFM, Tomkins, Sahko, Schlupp/PvA
Cabaye, Luka
Zaha, Macca/RLC, Townsend
Benteke

What we lack is some better quality depth to replace make weights like Lee, and some cover plus the obvious extra striker.

January is when you look for players to cover for injuries in key positions, and for players to come off the bench to turn draws into wins or losses into draws. Our full strength (or even slightly below strength) first team will probably keep us up, but we need better quality behind it.

Then come the summer you look at the match day squad and see where you can improve subject to players available, contracts, players wanting to move on etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 07-01-2018, 11:53 AM

jeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think we should be all over Lookman at Everton if he’s available , even if we give Everton a decent profit on him ... plus it would massively piss of a load of clowns
Old 07-01-2018, 11:54 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffers1960 View Post
I think we should be all over Lookman at Everton if he’s available , even if we give Everton a large profit on him ... plus it would massively piss of a load of clowns

I’ve never seen anything to suggest he is available
Old 07-01-2018, 12:01 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Agreed. I'd hate it if we waste money on cover players. They need to be good enough to be in our best XI
Always, if we are looking to improve.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:22 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For what he has a achieved especially with what he inherited, players low on morale and a team so short in numbers and allround quality that it is nothing short of a miracle we are where we are today.
So if ever a manager needs the support and backing of his Board at a crucial period in the season, then the name Roy Hodgson stands out like a beacon. And if a modest budget of around 30m to help save our premiership status is seen as excessive, then Roy should simply just throw in the towel despite all his hard work, as he will constantly come up against a brick wall in his efforts to raise the profile of CPFC.
I do see Steve Parish loosening the purse strings in the next few weeks and fully supporting RH as he realises he has a proper "Palace type manager" now, and allowing him to bring in FOUR new much needed additions to help consolidate our premiership status.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:31 PM

jeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I’ve never seen anything to suggest he is available
Back in September it was mentioned us and Arsenal were looking at him as he wasn’t getting game time .. plus we bid for him in August .....
Old 07-01-2018, 12:57 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Me neither - we're being linked with lots of average players. I'm hoping our real targets will come as a surprise a d be much better but I guess that may be overly optimistic...
Old 07-01-2018, 01:15 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Honestly while the names we are linked to are not the most exciting, I think we have alot of quality in the squad currently and perhaps its more of a priority that injuries are making us threadbare at times. I also kinda just trust Roy to get the best out of whoever we get in given how he has revived players like Ward, Sako, etc.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:20 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Seriously? Our first eleven is good enough if they stay fit. The massive problem is the lack of decent alternatives and the fact injuries could completely de-rail us without more depth.

We could certainly use an improvement in goal (although I'm not totally sure that's essential, we are getting results with what we have), but other than that and with some limit to our budget, better squad players who add some competition (especially to Benteke) is precisely what we need right now.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:43 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Pretty much spot on. As ever, staying out of the bottom 3 is our no 1 priority. If we can push towards a mid table finish, then fantastic. We certainly have a core of 12 - 15 players that I would suggest are in the top 7 to 12 teams in the league. IF we avoid too many injuries to his group (especially the currently irreplaceable zaha, Tomkins, sakho, cabaye, Townsend, Luka and benteke due to gin being the only real option rather than goal s or given form) we should have no difficulty in staying up.

With a little luck and forward planning maybe we can, in years to come, look to become one of the clubs that can break away from the pack of 12 or 13 that seem to be relegation candidates this season and be part of the new mid table mini league?

In an ideal world, the 3 or so players that will hopefully be incoming will be able to kill two birds with one stone - providing adequate back up for injuries, suspension and loss of form, whilst having enough improvement in them that they can become part of an even stronger first team in years to come.

On that basis the goalie from getafe (6m?) Amadou age 24 (13m) as cover at centre back and slimani (12m) Leicester have a stockpile of forwards could fit the bill and be within the supposed 40m war chest available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Sorry but that it totally the wrong way round. January is where you get cover and different options, not rebuild the first team (bar major issues like having two keepers injured or similar).

Right now, under Roy, our first choice XI (if fit and in form) is playing exactly where you would expect it to, mid table PL, but hampered by the woeful start and hence probably about 6 or 7 points down on where we should be. If you put aside the GK situation (and in reality neither JS or WH have cost us points in the past dozen or so games) our first XI is fine....even without the long term injuries we have just had.

Ward/TFM, Tomkins, Sahko, Schlupp/PvA
Cabaye, Luka
Zaha, Macca/RLC, Townsend
Benteke

What we lack is some better quality depth to replace make weights like Lee, and some cover plus the obvious extra striker.

January is when you look for players to cover for injuries in key positions, and for players to come off the bench to turn draws into wins or losses into draws. Our full strength (or even slightly below strength) first team will probably keep us up, but we need better quality behind it.

Then come the summer you look at the match day squad and see where you can improve subject to players available, contracts, players wanting to move on etc.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:49 PM

Maidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Pretty much spot on. As ever, staying out of the bottom 3 is our no 1 priority. If we can push towards a mid table finish, then fantastic. We certainly have a core of 12 - 15 players that I would suggest are in the top 7 to 12 teams in the league. IF we avoid too many injuries to his group (especially the currently irreplaceable zaha, Tomkins, sakho, cabaye, Townsend, Luka and benteke due to gin being the only real option rather than goal s or given form) we should have no difficulty in staying up.

With a little luck and forward planning maybe we can, in years to come, look to become one of the clubs that can break away from the pack of 12 or 13 that seem to be relegation candidates this season and be part of the new mid table mini league?

In an ideal world, the 3 or so players that will hopefully be incoming will be able to kill two birds with one stone - providing adequate back up for injuries, suspension and loss of form, whilst having enough improvement in them that they can become part of an even stronger first team in years to come.

On that basis the goalie from getafe (6m?) Amadou age 24 (13m) as cover at centre back and slimani (12m) Leicester have a stockpile of forwards could fit the bill and be within the supposed 40m war chest available?
Completely agree.

I think we will end up with 5 coming in and possibly 2 outgoing.

The fact we are very much still alive after the first 7 games is a miracle.

Credit to all involved.

RH deserves to be backed!!!!!!!!!!

He has simply done a superb job.

2 workmates of mine are Saints fans and they said we were a different team (especially second half) in the game at their place from the game earlier in the season.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:15 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Can I be the first to say it and then be chastised by the great and the good of the BBS?

One week down - and still no movements - not even the kind of rumour that looks like a deal that might be happening.