Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Can I be the first to say it and then be chastised by the great and the good of the BBS?

One week down - and still no movements - not even the kind of rumour that looks like a deal that might be happening.
Apart from the rumour of the deal that might be happening
Old 07-01-2018, 08:43 PM

NickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Nor does he take into account confirmation from another manager that we have inquired about a player. Whether that leads to anything is, of course, another matter. But we've clearly been looking.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:13 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Without trawling through every rumour, and worse suggestion, thread, can you point me to the one that might have a 10% chance of coming off.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:17 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinOx View Post
Nor does he take into account confirmation from another manager that we have inquired about a player. Whether that leads to anything is, of course, another matter. But we've clearly been looking.
And point me towards that one as well, please.

Clearly been looking is already a bit off considering we knew we had fecked it up when the last window closed, Dougies been in the job for 4 months and Tim Coe for a few years.

I wish I could get that kind of employment - get paid for not delivering. Not quite as lucrative as being a failed Premier League manager though.

I will be knee-jerk and panicky. If we hadnt done so well under Roy, others would be as well. Although the Club didnt promise anything, most fans on here said three months back that they hoped we would do some transfer business early in the window IF we had a chance of staying up. The focus should always have been in making that a reality. Roy has more than upheld his side of the bargain, and the Club need to do their bit IMO. SP himself said that he brought DF on board because he felt the Club needed a bit more help in that area.

I am wondering whether we are swinging back to that approach that deals will be cheaper towards the end of the window.....?

I also think that we should be taking the opportunity of there being a Cup game to get one or two in and have options available for Burnley. But it seems this isnt a priority for some fans.

Am I wrong in thinking all this? Should I be chastised for not knowing how complicated all this is? Is our wage bill so high that we have to offload before we recruit, even if we are clearly short in three areas of the pitch? I am seeing what looks like another gamble here. A gamble with that Premier status that even SP said was so important alongside all the other plans.

Last edited by PeterH; 07-01-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:38 PM

NickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is here
Quote:

Clearly been looking is already a bit off considering we knew we had fecked it up when the last window closed, Dougies been in the job for 4 months and Tim Coe for a few years.

I wish I could get that kind of employment - get paid for not delivering. Not quite as lucrative as being a failed Premier League manager though.

I will be knee-jerk and panicky. If we hadnt done so well under Roy, others would be as well. Although the Club didnt promise anything, most fans on here said three months back that they hoped we would do some transfer business early in the window IF we had a chance of staying up. The focus should always have been in making that a reality. Roy has more than upheld his side of the bargain, and the Club need to do their bit IMO. SP himself said that he brought DF on board because he felt the Club needed a bit more help in that area.

I am wondering whether we are swinging back to that approach that deals will be cheaper towards the end of the window.....?

I also think that we should be taking the opportunity of there being a Cup game to get one or two in and have options available for Burnley. But it seems this isnt a priority for some fans.

Am I wrong in thinking all this? Should I be chastised for not knowing how complicated all this is? Is our wage bill so high that we have to offload before we recruit, even if we are clearly short in three areas of the pitch? I am seeing what looks like another gamble here. A gamble with that Premier status that even SP said was so important alongside all the other plans.
You can read. Links have been posted here and elsewhere, and you might at least bother to read what was posted before moaning that something is or isn't happening to your liking.

Happy to help.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinOx View Post
You can read. Links have been posted here and elsewhere, and you might at least bother to read what was posted before moaning that something is or isn't happening to your liking.

Happy to help.
I did ask nicely.

I wont bother to read because the transfer forum tends to be a waste of time. Full of rumours and suggestions.

Two of you belittled my post suggesting there were fair chances on two players. Yet not backed up those claims at all.

I will wait for the holding up the shirt photo.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:53 AM

I lied, I had a read. I was so very wrong. It looks like we are almost definitely signing 5 players in the next two days based on all the bids made, and no other clubs being interested. In no way whatsoever is any of this paper or internet clickbait.

Next time I am in Blighty I would like to shake DF and TCs hands for the stirling work they have put in identifying targets and getting the deals done early.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:53 AM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:

What deals have been done in the first week?

Ones that have been well over inflated:
Van Dijk £75m
Coutinho £142m
Tosun £27m

It’s easy to buy players if you want to meet their crazy valuations.

Have a look, we arn’t the odd one out there is bugger all completed: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Wayne Andrews is God; 08-01-2018 at 03:57 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:59 AM

I understand that, but we have known for nearly 4 months that we have a thin squad and we are short of a striker.

The deal can be done before. We were supposedly looking at Tosun before Sam became manager at Everton. One feels that we might have pre-arranged a deal for somewhat less then they ended up paying had we been on our game.

Last edited by PeterH; 08-01-2018 at 04:09 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:10 AM

The proof will be in the pudding. Let us revisit this in a weeks time.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:48 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffers1960 View Post
I think we should be all over Lookman at Everton if he’s available , even if we give Everton a decent profit on him ... plus it would massively piss of a load of clowns
Has this become one of the BBS rumours that come Feb someone will say 'why didn't we sign Lookman when we had the chance?' Off the back of that Parish will get a load of abuse for not doing enough to sign him.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
Has this become one of the BBS rumours that come Feb someone will say 'why didn't we sign Lookman when we had the chance?' Off the back of that Parish will get a load of abuse for not doing enough to sign him.
LOL.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:07 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Check out what Roy says on the post match comments - on our website. Blatantly telling the owners and freedman to get players in asap. For once we need to act and stop bloody procrastinating.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:12 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Check out what Roy says on the post match comments - on our website. Blatantly telling the owners and freedman to get players in asap. For once we need to act and stop bloody procrastinating.
Maybe they are acting, we'll see.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:15 AM

Rolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
“We’ve been talking about strengthening our squad since two or three weeks into my time at the club, so nothing’s changed,” he said. “We’ve been waiting for the window to fulfil our wishes in strengthening our squad, and that’s become more vitally important with the number of injuries we’ve suffered.

“You could argue that if we said we wanted three or four, we should now be looking at six or seven because we’ve lost two players for the rest of this season and probably the start of next, and we’ve got some others who are a month or so away from being able to play.

“I don’t think we’re going to get that but logically you can argue it, so our initial thoughts on strengthening have become more important. I’m waiting with bated breath to see who comes through the door so I can get the chance to start working with them.”
Old 09-01-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolly49 View Post
I’m waiting with bated breath to see who comes through the door so I can get the chance to start working with them.”
?????????? That is a very odd thing for him to say. Doesnt he have an input?
Old 09-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Will RH walk away, frustrated, at the end of the season ?
SP said Harris and Blitzer were keen to strengthen the squad.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:22 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Maybe they are acting, we'll see.
I hope so. But I have no confidence. We should have had one in by now. We've known since 1 Sep what we needed.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
?????????? That is a very odd thing for him to say. Doesnt he have an input?
He agrees the targets but parish and co need to make them happen. That's Roy basically telling them to do their job. You can see his frustration and who can blame him.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:26 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Will RH walk away, frustrated, at the end of the season ?
SP said Harris and Blitzer were keen to strengthen the squad.
At least we aren't limited to unrestricted free agents for the next 3 weeks. Suspect we have offers out there but won't be held to ransom by agents. RH may well have to get by for a little while longer to stay unbeaten bar the Arsenal result. Need a lot of running repairs to get anything out of a very organised Burnley though. Maybe Townsend will be ok and at least PvA is starting to play well.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Closed Thread