Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 11:20 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
I bet if you read 40 other Web forums tonight of rival clubs, 39 would have a post somewhere suggesting him. He impressed but it was only one game.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:31 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
7 days in and we all know what we need i would have thought this deal would have been done in time for our new striker to take his place in the stands vs brighton

looks like another deadline day deal not done

Last edited by palacelad197o; 07-01-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:04 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
I propose slimani as cover and competition for benteke. This wouldn’t be such a desperate requirement if we were sure Wickham would be fully fit and firing soon, but given his time out the game and severity of his injure it’s surely a huge gamble?

Benteke is currently our only fit out and out striker. He can play the lone role and is also developing a promising partnership with wilf - with zaha given a free role and drifting wide left when he wants. If benteke is injured again it’s bad news - who would fill that void? Sako, as promising as his last few substitute appearances have been is not the answer in my opinion - great for a nothing to lose, random cameo though! The Townsend and zaha duo caught Chelsea unaware but isn’t a long term solution. Clearly none of the younger players were considered good enough. I just can’t see a fox in the box striker working with wilf. I think we need another player capable of holding the ball up, playing back to goal and with some physical strength.

I agree that zaha has a lot more energy and tracks back better than rlc, but I feel that roys take on 442 demands a relatively narrow midfield and wilf is better served elsewhere - either up front or wide in a 451 /433.

In an ideal world we would bring in 2 strikers - someone like slimani as cover for benteke AND someone with great pace and movement like Walcott, plus someone like lookman to add cover for our wide players. This clearly won’t hspoen and I feel the pragmatic approach, one that gives us the best chances of survival are to ensure we have cover for key areas where we will be screwed if we get more injuries - we can’t cover wilf without spending £50m but we can cover benteke and centre back too with realistic funds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
So, if we signed Slimani would you play him instead of Benteke? Do you think he is a better Premier League player?

I just can't see us going for another big centre forward, especially when there is no-one currently in our squad who is a fox-in-the-box with pace and movement. If you think that Zaha has the 2nd striker role nailed down then I'm happy. But I do think he could play left wing to accommodate a strike partner for Benteke; let's face it his workrate is far superior to RLC, the current incumbent in that position.

So for me, if we don't go for a pacy, nippy striker with good movement I'd go for a young winger. RLC shouldn't be playing left midfield long term. This new attacking signing should be a first teamer, not just someone to cover in case of injury. And if the right player isn't available now, no problem, let's wait until the summer.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:11 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
Connor is the Benteke backup/cover for me, he's not far away from returning by all accounts and is on good money, I am not sure we can outlay even more wages on that kind of striker. I think we need someone that can stretch defences personally, Wilson would be brilliant but Andre Gray would be a good option as well, not technically brilliant but a real threat when games open up.
Connor's history tells you he will breakdown again with another injury before long.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:14 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
On the basis of one game? get real, this isn't championship manager.
he's only 18 and he DOMINATED a top 6 premier league side and scored a good pen. First time ive seen him play but i think there was enough there to see he would be a great buy for the future
Old 08-01-2018, 12:25 AM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
We will sign a striker. We're not that stupid. Surely.
We were stupid enough to start season with 1.fit striker so it's hard to second guess our owners will upturn in team and sako form give them exuse to not buy a striker I personally think parish would have learned his lesson and buy at least 1 striker.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:30 AM

WashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think we'll add a striker, but it won't be anyone of consequence. We're probably talking about someone of Gayle or Campbell's quality. Who would sell us a striker now? As if it's, "oh poor Palace, here's a striker, have at it."
Old 08-01-2018, 01:31 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashDCEagle View Post
I think we'll add a striker, but it won't be anyone of consequence. We're probably talking about someone of Gayle or Campbell's quality. Who would sell us a striker now? As if it's, "oh poor Palace, here's a striker, have at it."
Someone of Gayle's quality would certainly be of consequence
Old 08-01-2018, 11:02 AM

Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bankerhater1 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
If we're going for one-match t.v. spotting .... Devante Cole of Fleetwood might be worth a punt ..... certainly got the family history, experience in the leagues, and might be one for the future ... And, while I'm at it ..... not a forward ... but Aristote Niasala of Shrewsbury looked like he could play ....
Old 08-01-2018, 11:35 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
We will sign a striker. We're not that stupid. Surely.
Hmmm... I’m hoping we will but I’m surprised that there appear to be no signs of being linked to one yet.

Having one striker is dumb enough, but what concerns me just as much is that Benteke is so woefully out of form. He’s actually improved a touch in recent games but he and the club badly needs competition for his place.

We should hopefully be sorting out something right now, so we’ll have more than just an underperforming striker as our frontline option this weekend. I can’t see it though...
Old 08-01-2018, 11:36 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashDCEagle View Post
You are a proper thicko, aren’t you?
Old 08-01-2018, 11:51 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Gayle would be of consequence in my opinion. Would be a good option for us. Not one to make front page headlines but could do a lot worse.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:02 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Gayle would be of consequence in my opinion. Would be a good option for us. Not one to make front page headlines but could do a lot worse.
Not a fan of going back for the sake of it but Gayle never got the chance to shine here. He is best playing off another striker.

While he was here he mainly played as lone striker, at which he was ok but not ideal or on the bloody wing! Before chamakh started to dissolve they were crying out to play together in the middle but never seemed to be on the same pitch unless Gayle was on the wing. We saw glimpses of Gayle and Murray and it was exciting. Gayle and benteke would be fantastic imo

Question marks about injuries last season though.

Certainly not be opposed. Be ideal alongside benteke ans capable of lone striker in emergencies
Old 08-01-2018, 12:07 PM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
7 days in and we all know what we need i would have thought this deal would have been done in time for our new striker to take his place in the stands vs brighton

looks like another deadline day deal not done
did you really think that would happen?
Old 08-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
If we end up with Slimani, Niasse, or one of the "big club rejects" - Walcott, Sturridge, Welbeck etc. all ruinously expensive, demotivated and injury prone, would that mean that Freedman has failed, not earned his corn, and should go, or that our 'hierarchy' is still obsessed with "big names" and the glamour of it all ?
Old 08-01-2018, 02:30 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
We were stupid enough to start season with 1.fit striker so it's hard to second guess our owners will upturn in team and sako form give them exuse to not buy a striker I personally think parish would have learned his lesson and buy at least 1 striker.
Me too. I credit Parish with a lot of intelligence and he knows he/the owners messed up badly last summer. I'm sure they'll put it right this month.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:33 AM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Kelechi Iheanacho. He’d have to accept a wage cut but I reckon we could get him for decent fee as Leicester want rid. Hasn’t had much of a chance there

Last edited by carter; 09-01-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:52 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Kelechi Iheanacho. He’d have to accept a wage cut but I reckon we could get him for decent few as Leicester want rid. Hasn’t had much of a chance there
Could that be because he's hopeless?

Leicester's Jordon Mutch?
Old 09-01-2018, 09:19 AM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
did you really think that would happen?
Should happen but no in reality I never thought it would
Old 09-01-2018, 09:42 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Kelechi Iheanacho. He’d have to accept a wage cut but I reckon we could get him for decent few as Leicester want rid. Hasn’t had much of a chance there
In a 442 with Benteke would definitely get the best out of each other.

Clinton Morrison
Closed Thread