Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 02:55 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
it would be impossible to buy 6 or 7 players in one day
Old 09-01-2018, 03:01 PM

PremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
If we sign

Keeper - Guaita
Cm - Amadou (who can also cover cb)
St - niasse

Outlay of around £30m and will massively improve us depth wise. Anything else is a bonus

Would be happy with this. A winger would be the icing on the cake for me
Old 09-01-2018, 03:03 PM

PremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I thought that was where we seemed to be heading but the flurry of injuries in recent matches is no doubt forcing them to rethink and hesitate on those targets. We seem to have been linked with a GK, a Midfielder and a striker for ages and so I don't think there can be much doubt that was the intention before the injuries. I also suspect that we were looking to raise some cash with sales of say PVA, maybe Macca and then as many fringe players that we could jettison. Macca' good form and the injury to Punch have perhaps triggered a contract extension. I still think he is short of quality midfielder. If I was Roy I wouldn't want him or Cabaye walking out of the door in Jan.

We now have Dann out and Punch as you say and with the risk of a fragile Tomkins and Sakho we are forced to turn to Damo and that isn't good enough. So CB must come in unless he fancies Fosu-Mensah there. I guess not because he could have tried him yesterday.

If Townsend is 'just a dead leg' he should be OK but Schlupp could easily have stretched a knee 'ligaments' which will take a while and may mean we keep PVA. TBH I don't fancy either of them long term but I would actually be keen to cash in on PVA who I really think is over rated on here.

So if they now need 4 or maybe 5 players and the budget was a stretch in the first place I suspect they are having to shuffle things and I bet that is screwing up the work already done.

Worse still is that the hesitation is throwing doubt into the negotiations and we could lose out. The Spanish keeper looks to be one of those perhaps.

Nightmare and if we don't get this right we could be in some more trouble. Our track record of closing deals seems dubious at best.

We’ve supposedly opened negotiations with McArthur so he won’t go, and PvA has stated on Twitter today that he’s happy here and not going anywhere.

Bizarrely, Clinton Morrison got involved, they seem very close.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:56 PM

MonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Or watch the video

He’s frustrated at the injuries. Saying we were looking for maybe 3 players but he injuries are so bad we could look at 6 or 7! He was using that to quantify how badly we’ve been hit by the injuries.

We won’t be trying to sign 6 or 7 players and Roy isn’t having a pop at the board
Which is what I said.. no need to take everything so literal. You are entitled to interpret Roys words it any way you choose. If you dont think Roy is suggesting to the powers that be he is going to need a little help here then fair enough. And no I dont think we will sign 6-7 players... even though we could certainly do with them!!
Old 09-01-2018, 04:38 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMunch View Post
Which is what I said.. no need to take everything so literal. You are entitled to interpret Roys words it any way you choose. If you dont think Roy is suggesting to the powers that be he is going to need a little help here then fair enough. And no I dont think we will sign 6-7 players... even though we could certainly do with them!!
To be fair I quoted one but it was my response to a combination of your posts. The number of players but probably more so the “thinly veiled kick up the bum for Steve etc”

I didn’t take it as that at all, he was just emphising the number of injuries
Old 09-01-2018, 07:46 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
We needed to spend 100m plus to get our squad up to scratch that is not going to happen in one window we missed out on a striker and keeper. The trouble is we now need another CB and next season once RLC and TFM go back we will need to spend 100m plus not going to happen unless we sell first. All we can hope for is at least two players now to give us a decent chance to get safe and regroup next season thats going to cost.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Real risk that as we stick elastoplast over the squad now to achieve a larger number of signings that we screw the mid to long term by having to offer longer/higher contracts to players we don't really see as our future. Difficult situation and I think that they should think twice before deviating from their original plan. Maybe better to add 3 of the right quality than 6 that won't command A place.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:00 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Real risk that as we stick elastoplast over the squad now to achieve a larger number of signings that we screw the mid to long term by having to offer longer/higher contracts to players we don't really see as our future. Difficult situation and I think that they should think twice before deviating from their original plan. Maybe better to add 3 of the right quality than 6 that won't command A place.
I agree. That is the problem with not doing our business properly in the summer (again!!)
Old 09-01-2018, 09:06 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
If we sign

Keeper - Guaita
St - niasse

Outlay of around £30m and will massively improve us depth wise. Anything else is a bonus
West Ham / West Brom pages 7-12
Old 09-01-2018, 09:13 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
If we sign

Keeper - Guaita
St - niasse

That would be a good window .
Old 10-01-2018, 02:15 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
We knew the urgency weeks & weeks ago to add quality and quickly in this window. Nothing has happened so far, and our injury situation has got even worse.
Roy has done a fantastic job, but unless key players come back quickly & we add some quality players, we risk putting all his good work in the bin. We are nowhere near being out of trouble. 6 or 7 players is obviously unrealistic but we don’t want to get to February looking back at what we should have done!

Relegated? Who knows? What I do suspect is that the risk is very real if we don’t bring in sufficient quality this month. The numbers that we need will depend entirely on the extent of our current injury list and how quickly we can get them back in action.

Let’s not be looking back in the summer regretting not adding numbers to the squad in January.
The difference between getting them in now and on deadline day is relative small. Unlikely any player signed today would play, certainly not start, on Saturday. Therefore the games that someone on deadline day would miss are Arsenal away where we would not expect any points and West Ham away where 1 point would be a reasonable return, the same with Newcastle away.

Our season will be determined not on the games this month but how we scrap and survive through Feb and March and then kick on with the run-in through April and May.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:17 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
We knew the urgency weeks & weeks ago to add quality and quickly in this window. Nothing has happened so far, and our injury situation has got even worse.
Roy has done a fantastic job, but unless key players come back quickly & we add some quality players, we risk putting all his good work in the bin. We are nowhere near being out of trouble. 6 or 7 players is obviously unrealistic but we don’t want to get to February looking back at what we should have done!

Relegated? Who knows? What I do suspect is that the risk is very real if we don’t bring in sufficient quality this month. The numbers that we need will depend entirely on the extent of our current injury list and how quickly we can get them back in action.

Let’s not be looking back in the summer regretting not adding numbers to the squad in January.
The new players should but wont be here to face burnley
Old 10-01-2018, 10:36 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
1/3rd of the transfer window gone...tick tock...
Old 10-01-2018, 11:11 PM

chandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
The difference between getting them in now and on deadline day is relative small. Unlikely any player signed today would play, certainly not start, on Saturday. Therefore the games that someone on deadline day would miss are Arsenal away where we would not expect any points and West Ham away where 1 point would be a reasonable return, the same with Newcastle away.

Our season will be determined not on the games this month but how we scrap and survive through Feb and March and then kick on with the run-in through April and May.

It's all about momentum. We have it but with 3 or 4 bad results we can easily lose it.

Given the level of injuries I'd have thought we needed a couple of signings by the FA Cup 4th round weekend so we have them with the squad for a week.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:27 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

That's a complacent attitude if you don't mind me saying. There are three key league games in January (well, four if you count Southampton). We should have had players in place for Burnley and, if not, arsenal. Surely we will by West Ham if not. All of these games are winnable. Even arsenal who can be held or beaten on an off day for them.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:03 AM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
That's a complacent attitude if you don't mind me saying. There are three key league games in January (well, four if you count Southampton). We should have had players in place for Burnley and, if not, arsenal. Surely we will by West Ham if not. All of these games are winnable. Even arsenal who can be held or beaten on an off day for them.
Agree 100%
Old 12-01-2018, 02:02 PM

Still nothing ?
Old 12-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
it would be impossible to buy 6 or 7 players in one day
Holloway had a good try.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:13 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
All I want is a handful of proven Premier League quality players that would rather play for us than a top half team, are available well below their value in their current market, and have never had anything bad said about them ever.

Is that really too much to ask?

Werner Herzog
Old 12-01-2018, 02:22 PM

hatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I liken the transfer window to going out on a pub crawl with Steve Parish, he waits till the end of the evening till you are in Wetherspoon before he buys his round.
Closed Thread