Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

View Poll Results: January Transfer Window
Success 78 13.22%
Failure 444 75.25%
Moo! 68 11.53%
Voters: 590. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 03:32 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Assuming our only business is Jach, Rakip and Sorløth coming in and Ladapo and Kaikai going out, would you consider this window a success or failure?
Well, considering you have been bleating all week about how we would sign no one at all, its been succesful in highlighting the fact you know **** all.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:59 AM
可愛いベイビー

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not unhappy. A keeper would have been nice, but looks like we'll have to wait until the summer. Otherwise three potentially great signings - Dougie has form for bringing in talent, and I trust his judgement.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:15 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Three young players full of potential so it’s not all bad. Sorloth was the exciting striker and we got him.

We are vulnerable to injuries though. Still thin on the ground in quality and numbers.

13 huge games to go
Old 01-02-2018, 04:32 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
We should have enough to stay up but it's disappointing another window has gone by and no keeper in place.

We were speaking to Lille for long enough to come towards an agreement surely.

Clinton Morrison

Last edited by CharlieCPFC; 01-02-2018 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:03 AM

FromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We haven’t improved first team, surely that was the aim.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:09 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Mode filed is weak as ****, still only 2 crap keepers, no back up wingers.

Horrendous window. No excuse.

I’m not an SP basher but he employed freedman to get stuff done.. well it’s achieved zero
Old 01-02-2018, 05:48 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSelhurst View Post
We haven’t improved first team, surely that was the aim.
This.

Hodgson has been let down.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:00 AM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazron View Post
Well if we don't sign anyone and we go down - they're at fault. If we don't and we stay up regardless, they will be proved right in their eyes. Except the whole pitiful cycle will start again next season.
This
Old 01-02-2018, 06:34 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Who were the two loans agreed then?
Old 01-02-2018, 07:12 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Poor. I don’t think Roy will be happy. For me we needed two match ready forwards. Someone to play up top with Benteke or on the wing and someone to compete with Benteke. Sørloth is a novice, it’s a massive step up, we should have got someone more a finished article. I hope I’m wrong but I think we have bought three players who are not ready for first team football and we are down to the bare bones.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:29 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dogshit window.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:35 AM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As expected window so not let down, can only feel let down if you actually believe something was going to happen. Summer did the damage
Old 01-02-2018, 07:39 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Dogshit window.

Show me 2-3 teams who did significantly better.

That’s hugely significant. There’s not much quality out there for sane prices in a Jan window. And we already have a high cost high wage squad. I’m all for not packing out the squad with Jordan Mutch like signings personally. As mentioned elsewhere we haven’t had to play many kids so the squad can’t be that weak
Old 01-02-2018, 07:40 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Of course it is frustrating to not have a better option between the sticks for the rest of the season but if Gauita is a v good keeper (which I believe he is) then it is important that we bag him ultimately. There is significant money to be saved by waiting until the summer (fine) but we should have ended negotiations to do it in January about a week ago and said to the Getafe chairman/president 'well, you'll get nothing now'. At that point all efforts should have gone into another (loan or permanenet) who we could realistically get in. We waitied until too late to make that call and it has cost us. Again.

Had we got a keeper in this window will have been OK. But, lacking reinforcements within one of Roy's key positions means it was ultimately poor.

I am not apopleptic about it as I think we have enough in the tank to get to safety, we have three new players that could pleasantly surprise us and we haven't spent stupid sums (I think everyone largely over-emphasises the significance of the window on the seasons outcome) BUT I do worry that we are still light in areas and that Roy may be quite disillusioned and I hope that doesn't cost us his services.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:43 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
In terms of the summer ahead - we will be forced to do more business by virtue of how many players will be out of contract.

I wonder if on some level we are aware of the need for some big (ish) squad surgery in the summer and big spends now was just not feasible (particularly given our relative recovery away from the foot of the table).
Old 01-02-2018, 07:46 AM

Ian of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post

That’s hugely significant. There’s not much quality out there for sane prices in a Jan window. And we already have a high cost high wage squad. I’m all for not packing out the squad with Jordan Mutch like signings personally. As mentioned elsewhere we haven’t had to play many kids so the squad can’t be that weak

I think you will find that out of the teams who are 9th or below in the table at the moment, we had the worst transfer window. I have no doubt about that, even Newcastle who everyone was talking about not singing any players for a long time did better than us.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:47 AM

Palacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just don’t get it, our very experienced manager has been asking for a GK & striker to be good enough for the first team squad, since sept and we only get a young, inexperienced CF. It is just ridiculous.

I do not follow other teams transfer dealings very closely, but I have not heard of other premier clubs getting players to their offices to sign and for them not to. Yet it’s happened in two consecutive windows to us now.

If we had money to spend, why didn’t we spend it?
Old 01-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
In terms of the summer ahead - we will be forced to do more business by virtue of how many players will be out of contract.

I wonder if on some level we are aware of the need for some big (ish) squad surgery in the summer and big spends now was just not feasible (particularly given our relative recovery away from the foot of the table).
This is my take too.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:50 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post

Better than taking a punt on a striker with a track record of a single six-month purple patch, and signing two youngsters who won't play for the first team this season?

Off the top of my head I'd say that Brighton, Newcastle, Swansea and West Brom have all improved their first team options in the window, all of whom we are desperately competing with. I can't recall who the likes of Stoke and Huddersfield have brought in.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:55 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
If we stay up, hopefully we haven't burned too many bridges with players like Amadou, Tofan and Ronnow all of which I think could have a place next season within the squad, I'm not so sure Speroni, Cabaye or McArthur's contracts should be renewed as they showing signs of age and inconsistency.

In regards to this window and it's success, the term 'Typical Palace' has never been more apt. I think have had our pants pulled down a bit with Sorloth, but I'm actually quite excited about him and hope he starts alongside Benteke on Sunday. Not all of this has been our fault, but to not have a back up plan, or know when to realise that a deal is looking doubtful and move on is naive.
Closed Thread