Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-06-2018, 08:07 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
The railway companies never used to let you take paint to work on trains. Don't know if that's still the case.
no point. The paint would have dried by the time you reach your destination
Old 09-06-2018, 08:09 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight View Post
Poorer people who cant afford 'newer' cars pay for the rich people who can afford new cars, whats new, tax the poor to the hilt
who cares about them anyway. Give them £2000 salvage and let them get an equivalently good car that they are currently driving for that..........
Old 09-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Cocksure

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I find myself increasingly cynical about these charges...is it really about pollution or more to do with raising revenue?

…………………………………..
Well quite, all politicians are looking for ways for get hold of more money to waste. The beauty of this scheme is that the greens will be cheering and those without cars or petrols won't care, others will see it as for their own good. On top of that Khan can pretend he gives a shit.

Kerrrrching!!!!!

When I say waste I expect the tube to go on strike to get their share of the extra dosh.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Cocksure

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight View Post
Poorer people who cant afford 'newer' cars pay for the rich people who can afford new cars, whats new, tax the poor to the hilt
Feck'em, can't they just be thrashed into submission, after all if they are poor they don't deserve a car, clogging up the roads with their old bangers.

Surely Khan can tax them for using the foodbanks.

Last edited by Skintagain; 09-06-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Cocksure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Liberate yourself from the daily grind that is commuting by public transport or car.

Get a motorcycle. Kent to Canary Wharf: 25 mins.
Absolutely we need more organ donors.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:40 AM
Cocksure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

…....
Yeah, people that wear ties live longer etc..
Old 09-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Cocksure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Why can't you just carry a few dozen scaffolding poles on the 6AM train from Medway to London and then drag them a mile from Charing Cross to wherever? There's surely room in the carriage. Nobody would complain.
lol
Old 09-06-2018, 08:44 AM
Cocksure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
No idea what Wavy Line or Mace is.

…………..
Wavy Line is the new tube line Khan will be spending the money on and Mace is what you need if you are unlucky enough to meet a poor person.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Cocksure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Corner shops.

Khan's had this idea in the pipeline for a while now.
Oh dear, mods!!!!
Old 09-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Well quite, all politicians are looking for ways for get hold of more money to waste. The beauty of this scheme is that the greens will be cheering and those without cars or petrols won't care, others will see it as for their own good. On top of that Khan can pretend he gives a shit.

Kerrrrching!!!!!

When I say waste I expect the tube to go on strike to get their share of the extra dosh.
Whilst I don’t personally have a problem with the inner zone area, I’m shocked to see how much larger the next much larger zone is going to be in just a few years’ time.

Were we Londoners consulted on this? Maybe it passed me by, but it’s much wider than I’d anticipated. I don’t think my car will be effected, but that doesn’t stop me having sympathy for many others....the next stage seems a very large jump from the previous emission scheme.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Cocksure

Quite a few councils have been going on about taxing diesels for a few years now so it shouldn't come as a surprise. When I changed cars I went petrol as it was obvious it would happen.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:21 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My car will be 17 years old - 3 more years and I wlll have a nice shiny new one - cant wait
Old 09-06-2018, 09:33 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Quite a few councils have been going on about taxing diesels for a few years now so it shouldn't come as a surprise. When I changed cars I went petrol as it was obvious it would happen.
Our diesel was one that the govt was encouraging people to buy at the time, because the emissions were considered better...this was only 3 years ago. Audi were selling far more of them than the petrol version.

Whilst my car will still be OK, it’s resale value must have been adversely affected by this announcement. So, perversely, unless Audi and the govt introduce a worthwhile scapage scheme in the future, we’ll have to hang on to this car for longer than we would have done so that we get some value from it ourselves.

I’m more surprised by the timing and the size of the next much larger zone...have you looked at the map, did you know it was going out to the south circular, for example? I’m interested to know, as I hadn’t read before that it was going so much wider than the usual congestion zone.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:24 AM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Doesn’t that say quite explicitly that any motorbikes that are exempt from the congestion charge are exempt from the pollution charge?
Type in the reg from my Bandit and come back and tell me what it says.T990LPU.This is the ULEZ we are talking about.

Let me add that had the bike not been written off last month I could ride it anywhere in London without charge at this time(as I did for work)

Last edited by PIE "N" MASH; 09-06-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:36 AM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Prick
Old 09-06-2018, 10:47 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've got a Wurlitzer I never play anymore.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:

You do know that only 35 motorcyclists were killed on London Roads in 2015, right?

27 the year before.

A large portion of those would have been related to speed.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
Type in the reg from my Bandit and come back and tell me what it says.T990LPU.This is the ULEZ we are talking about.
)
My apologies. You are right and I was wrong. And you are also right that this is pretty outrageous…

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-06-2018, 11:28 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
Corner shops have limited range and are more expensive.
You could always walk to Sainsbury's - it's not too far from South Acton (or "Acton Gardens" as it has been rebranded).
Old 09-06-2018, 11:38 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
I knew about this in Spain ages ago. But it gives you a chance to have a pop at one of your fave targets.
Which fave target? Pretty sure I haven't criticised khan before?

Last edited by ChiswickEagle; 09-06-2018 at 11:40 AM.