Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by The Doctor.
Or is it just one of these pointless self-perpetuating industries Maz?
How does that work then? Who is 'forcing' all these big compnaies to spend all that dosh?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-07-2004, 05:07 PM
what's going wrong today?

Simon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
The latest Mach 3 ones have really got on my t*ts. "You've got that walking on water feeling. You look good, they smile. You win, they go home" and so on. It's only a f**king 3.50 razor but they make it sound like it will turn you into Tom Cruise. It'll take a lot more than a bleary-eyed morning shave to give me a 'walking on water' feeling. Or get birds smiling at me for that matter
Old 02-07-2004, 05:21 PM

Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I like the Michael Winner ones. I'm really a very good driver.

I hate anything with those 2 fat slags from Birds of a Feather. I'm sure they've been in adverts. Those would be the worst.
I like the Michael Winner ones, and the Churchill ones, before anyone slags them off (probably less likely on here than your average messageboard, I admit).

The Birds of a Feather slags did Surf washing powder a few years ago.

Even 6 years on, I'm still stained by how bad Vauxhall's France 98 adverts were: they were at the start and end of every ad break, and they were just moments from football history, or interviews, with "hilarious" car-related lines dubbed over the top. Have a look at your old videos, if you dare.

Last edited by Twyford Bee; 02-07-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:42 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Simon A
The latest Mach 3 ones have really got on my t*ts. "You've got that walking on water feeling. You look good, they smile. You win, they go home"... (
I can't believe they had the bare-faced cheek to keep showing that one endlessly with Beckham's smug grin on it within minutes of the final whistle of the England-Portugal match after he'd successfully resurrected his famous Johnny Wilkinson impersonation. No David, "we lose ... YOU go home" : thanks again for that.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:05 PM

Russboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I guess the Toyota Avensis ones are aiming for the Ferrero Roche irony - otherwise they are truly dreadful (yes I'm an upwardly mobile professional, despite driving an underpowered and non descript piece of jap crap).

I really hate the 'sister' in the Michael Winner ads - I couldnt believe anyone could deflect from Winners general loathableness, but she does a damn good job.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by mrsilly
The Barclaycard one with the women from friends. What does she expect if she picks up a drill and asks which one is best???
Yeah f*ck me that advert's annoying.

"My guess? Guy's just can't help themselves"

Yeah whatever you mess!
Old 03-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Glad all Over

whitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proudwhitey is south London and proud
That BEV, KEV, ad has got to be the worst.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by nookiebear
The worst ever, IMHO, is the present Doritos one starring Vernon Kay. He should be banned from TV forever for that one
I'd go along with that. What a twat!
Old 05-07-2004, 07:44 AM

grey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
ok , hands up , i brought shake n vac after party while my parents were away , years ago. did f all apart from stink the house out n give the game away. maybe i shudnt hve used the whole lot ,
Old 05-07-2004, 12:43 PM

Melissa is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onMelissa is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onMelissa is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get on
Quote:
Originally posted by whitey
That BEV, KEV, ad has got to be the worst.
Every single time i have my mum in the car and we stop at traffic lights she decideds to do her Bev, Kev, Kev, Bev impression! Not at all funny!

Change of subject but how funny is the alien on the Churchill ad at the end when it says 'hello'?
Old 05-07-2004, 10:43 PM

bigmac is loud, is proud, is Palacebigmac is loud, is proud, is Palacebigmac is loud, is proud, is Palacebigmac is loud, is proud, is Palacebigmac is loud, is proud, is Palacebigmac is loud, is proud, is Palacebigmac is loud, is proud, is Palacebigmac is loud, is proud, is Palace
wat about 'hi mum' that bloody car insurance one
Old 05-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Very young thick c vnt

Dunno, I don't think that's been covered yet
Old 06-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by MicksSis
The worst ever ad was a few years back.It had a Stepford type wife singing about 'shake n' Vac.
Obviously it did its job then. Radion ads were constantly criticised but they got the message across.

Worst ad right now is the McDonalds salad one. Voice over so sickly it makes me cringe.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I heard you say..hey hey!

blazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineblazey_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The worst adverts on TV at the moment are as follows, in no particular order.

Subway - who the fuk thought up the idea of someone dressed as a giant chilli saying, "Ohhh mama, too hot, too spicy" "Hot hot!!" ?

That bathroom air freshener ad "I want to do a poo at Pauls" Well fuk off to Pauls and do a poo then, little creep!

Cuprinol "Wood preservation society"
Old 05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
DIVina

Sophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSophie_9 is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey_cpfc

Subway - who the fuk thought up the idea of someone dressed as a giant chilli saying, "Ohhh mama, too hot, too spicy" "Hot hot!!" ?

That bathroom air freshener ad "I want to do a poo at Pauls" Well fuk off to Pauls and do a poo then, little creep!

That poo one is so annoying
Old 05-08-2009, 11:16 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The PostalGold advert! The guy has really weird eyes and doesn't blink, and it's so shoddily made it looks like a scam.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:44 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Any car or bike crash adverts
Old 06-08-2009, 12:46 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey_cpfc

ah, but are they worse than the birds eye potato wafflely versatile ad from the archives?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggin
ah, but are they worse than the birds eye potato wafflely versatile ad from the archives?
yep, but it did the trick eh!
you & I still remember the bloody thing..

The recent one for chocolate & raising cluster things, with the santas
say hello say hello say hello, really wanted to make me put my foot through the screen

the smug t-mobile flash mob singing is annoying too..
Old 06-08-2009, 07:19 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
I hate TV ads with an increasing passion. They seem to be getting greedier and greedier with the ads seeming to take up more and more time. I usually record stuff I want to watch now, because when I don't, I go 'flickin' during the breaks and then either forget to tune back or completely forget what I was watching in the first place.

I always record The Simpsons on Channel 4 because those two moustachioed idiots dressed as athletes really, really p**s me off