Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-01-2018, 07:42 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
People who tell you the considerate, group-minded thing they thought about doing before deciding to do the selfish act they did.
This could also have gone on the "things people think having kids entitles them to" thread, but I can't be bothered to search for it.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:36 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I was asked to fax a document to an insurance company today (the use of a fax in 2018 is another whole post). I do not have faxing capability at home, so took the 25 page document first to a FedEx store. They wanted $2.50 a sheet, or $62.50 all in. I politely declined and said I would look at Plan B. Next went to the UPS store and was quoted pretty much the same. On to Staples that wanted $2.99 a sheet!

I got home, and sent an e-mail to the insurance company with a .pdf attachment of the file in hope some nice person there sees the light, but I'm not holding my breath.

The most annoying thing is, I'm pretty sure a) they already had this document, and b) the update to their website seems to have reverted all my information back to old information.

It's a tough life.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
When did the expression ‘take away’ become ‘take out’ everyone says it now even my Brother and Dad, even though we used to say take away years ago in the family home.

People get infected with Americam language, do they feel like they are in New York or something? It’s a ******* take away...
Old 13-01-2018, 12:38 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
When did the expression ‘take away’ become ‘take out’ everyone says it now even my Brother and Dad, even though we used to say take away years ago in the family home.

People get infected with Americam language, do they feel like they are in New York or something? It’s a ******* take away...
It goes both ways. I heard a man described as "crackers" the other day. I live in Chicago. I've also heard "on holiday" and "in hospital" by natives.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:38 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:

Crap... it's taken me 36 years to learn to say "Take Out" over here, now you are telling me it's changing over there?
Old 13-01-2018, 12:39 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Yankee View Post
It goes both ways. I heard a man described as "crackers" the other day. I live in Chicago. I've also heard "on holiday" and "in hospital" by natives.
Wanker is catching on also...
Old 13-01-2018, 01:19 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Crap... it's taken me 36 years to learn to say "Take Out" over here, now you are telling me it's changing over there?
Something I have noticed the last 5 years with great dismay.

Its been 10 years since people stopped saying ‘can I have’ everyone says ‘can I get’ .... I want to ram their head into the counter if Im standing in the queue behind them and whisper in their ear ‘it’s can I have’ .... something simple like that.
Old 13-01-2018, 01:20 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Yankee View Post
What do they say if you go to hospital?
Old 13-01-2018, 01:21 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
I salute you for keeping it real for 36 years.
Old 13-01-2018, 01:28 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Personally I think I now say "The" hospital, be it in it or going to it.

Is that English or American? I'm really confused these days.
Old 13-01-2018, 02:22 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
In the hospital. Always the "the".
Old 13-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Something I have noticed the last 5 years with great dismay.

Its been 10 years since people stopped saying ‘can I have’ everyone says ‘can I get’ .... I want to ram their head into the counter if Im standing in the queue behind them and whisper in their ear ‘it’s can I have’ .... something simple like that.
Why is it 'can I have'?
Old 13-01-2018, 09:40 AM
Two Margarines on the Go

Ron Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Why is it 'can I have'?
Precisely. It should be "May I have".
Old 13-01-2018, 09:43 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I suspect " can I get" implies that you will leap over the counter and make yourself a coffee etc...
Old 13-01-2018, 09:44 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
‘Mac and cheese’ as well. Fvck off
Old 13-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was asked to fax a document to an insurance company today (the use of a fax in 2018 is another whole post). I do not have faxing capability at home, so took the 25 page document first to a FedEx store. They wanted $2.50 a sheet, or $62.50 all in. I politely declined and said I would look at Plan B. Next went to the UPS store and was quoted pretty much the same. On to Staples that wanted $2.99 a sheet!

I got home, and sent an e-mail to the insurance company with a .pdf attachment of the file in hope some nice person there sees the light, but I'm not holding my breath.

The most annoying thing is, I'm pretty sure a) they already had this document, and b) the update to their website seems to have reverted all my information back to old information.

It's a tough life.
More to the point the company will almost certainly have an automatic process that converts the fax to pdf.
Old 13-01-2018, 09:46 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dodgers View Post
Precisely. It should be "May I have".
What happen to could I have or even please could I have.
Old 13-01-2018, 09:47 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I suspect " can I get" implies that you will leap over the counter and make yourself a coffee etc...
Just as 'can I' in general implies that you're asking someone if a task is possible.

Unless you're addressing the Queen or something, most restaurant or retail interactions are largely informal, and as long as you get the message across and politely enough, it surely doesn't matter.

All this stuff has more to do with an irrational fear of 'Americanisms' than anything else. Not sure why. Perhaps 'kids' saying 'can I have' in 1974 were being berated similarly.
Old 13-01-2018, 10:10 AM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE View Post
The use of kilometres, I have no idea what you are talking about. I like watching wildlife programmes on the tv but when they give facts out like this animal can run a 40 kmh or can fly 100 kilometres a day I just can’t visualise what that is. I know what a mile is, I know what 40 mph is I can relate to that it is what my car says I’m doing. Who in the uk uses kilometres?
I do in relation to running, but that's it. Easy conversion is multiply by 5 & divide by 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 13-01-2018, 10:29 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Statto View Post
I do in relation to running, but that's it. Easy conversion is multiply by 5 & divide by 8
Or divide KM by 10 and times by 6

Fuel consumption is the one I struggle with, converting mpg to l/100km.