Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:45 AM

Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Yellows, Reds and Suspensions

After Bournemouth game on 9th December the following is the count of yellow cards.
Benteke 4
Puncheon 4
Ward 3
Dann 3
Cabaye 3
Luka 3
Tomkins 2
Schlupp 2
Van Arnholt 2
McArthur 2
Sakho 1
Townsend 1
Zaha 1

Fortunately, we have had no reds so far.
So, Benteke and Puncheon are one yellow away from suspension
With 5 more games before 1st Jan, there is also a risk that Cabaye, Dann and Luka could pick up a couple of yellows and miss a game.

Last edited by Sureagle; 10-12-2017 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Correction..added Zahs yellow
Old 10-12-2017, 12:59 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
How the hell are those two top!! They’ve barely played
Old 10-12-2017, 01:04 AM

CPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Thought Zaha would’ve been booked by now?

He has 1 from today
Old 10-12-2017, 01:05 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_AwayDays View Post
Thought Zaha would’ve been booked by now?
He was booked during the game for stupidly reacting to a foul
Old 10-12-2017, 01:08 AM

CPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCPFC_AwayDays was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
Yeah only realised after I posted that, needs to try and not react even though he gets fouled all game
Old 10-12-2017, 01:58 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Think he's improved though, pretty sure that previously he's had many more.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:09 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
It is a shocking indictement of Benteke being useless this season. Half the season out, no goals, shocking misses, no movement, cant outjump relative midgets, but is adept at picking up yellow cards.

He doesnt want to be here.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:14 AM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shame Benteke can't pick up another yellow before Watford.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:16 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
It is a shocking indictement of Benteke being useless this season. Half the season out, no goals, shocking misses, no movement, cant outjump relative midgets, but is adept at picking up yellow cards.

He doesnt want to be here.
Hard to disagree with this^^^^^. Has to be sold in January and reinvest.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:18 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
He will get it before January guaranteed. I think I might have called it when he was coming back from injury. I dont get what is wrong with him. If he is unhappy, what has he got to be unhappy about. I am starting to think he has those mental issues that Steeeeeve was supposed to have.

Even when he was scoring the goals, he looked so out of place as a Palace player.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Hard to disagree with this^^^^^. Has to be sold in January and reinvest.
And I am posting from this far away. But I cant shake these thoughts.

Maybe, alternatively, he is finished as a top end player. Like a top end racehorse that should be put out for stud. He bucked the trend last season, but when we were all saying what a pisspoor man manager Klopp was, perhaps him and Liverpool have seen us coming. I think this is another one we can add to the Pardew bashing list.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:05 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
I'm not sure how a player could be expected not to react to that foul. It was one of the most snidey, cynical fouls I can remember seeing.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:03 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
I'm not sure how a player could be expected not to react to that foul. It was one of the most snidey, cynical fouls I can remember seeing.
The same way every other player that gets fouled in that way and doesn’t react, does
Old 10-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
But like about half a dozen others during every match. It's hardly rare is it? For years now, it's been legitimised by ex pros describing it as taking one for the team instead of condemning it.

I think Wilf has been impressive lately with his reaction to fouls which at one point was well out of hand and he would lose it completely. His reaction to this one was silly and although it was just at handbags level he raised his hand and twice hit/pushed aggressively the player. It was somewhere between those and TBH I thought the way things were going for us that he would be sent off. Then or retrospectively but I think because the ref saw it and punished it with a card that's the end of it. Phew.

Re the penalties, I think Wilf was looking to win them both (which is legal). Bit concerned that with the first one he 'might' have started to go down before contact and also dragged his foot to ensure the contact. This will come down to interpretation of the panel and I don't think it's a certainty either way. Put another way, I would probably be moaning if this was against us. The second from one angle looks clearer but from others, less so. I think it's harder to penalise Wilf on that one. I guess I just think that it's only a matter of time before the Niasse incident bites us back but that maybe my cynicism

I think neither help Wilf's reputation with non-Palace folk.

On the first one, in RT I thought he delayed a shot to win the pen but Luka's strike made it all ok
Old 10-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Hard to disagree with this^^^^^. .
It's very easy to disagree with this. Penalty aside, he was one of the best players on the pitch, and played a crucial role in the lead up to both goals.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-12-2017, 10:14 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Won’t zaha end up getting a ban for the dive?
Old 10-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
And Bournemouth have been getting away with it for years now. Actively encouraged by their smug arsewipe of a manager. But for some reason, like their friends Bw*ght*n, they are angelic meeja dahlings . How we ended with 5 bookings to their 2 with a foul count of 14 each baffles me. Oh, I forgot - it was that tw@t Kevin Fiend and his "assistants", whose flag-waving would have been better suited to the customers in the padded seats at the Amex.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:24 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
He clipped him, happens every week, had it been Luka or Cabaye we'd have applauded it. Stupid reaction from Zaha.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 AM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
He clipped him, happens every week, had it been Luka or Cabaye we'd have applauded it. Stupid reaction from Zaha.
Fully agree, at least one of our players (Mcarthur?) was booked for exactly the same thing and their player didn't react like that!
Old 10-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Won’t zaha end up getting a ban for the dive?
I've been getting in to arguments with people on the internet over whether it was a dive, the only thing that's throwing me though is there has been a few posters here suggesting it was.

To me there's no way you can come to the conclusion it was a dive. There's a little room for doubt, Zaha looks like he might have been slowing himself down to make sure the contact happens but at best thats speculation.

If you really think it was or it was likely a dive fill me in here because I'm finding it hard to take the opinions of non Palace fans seriously whenever it seemed so many were waiting for his first penalty so they could proclaim it as a dive.