Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 07-05-2014, 03:20 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
In anticipation of tomorrow night....

Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well I've got to say I'm pleasently surprised. YES putting on a really good show here tonight. At the interval and near perfect rendition of Close to the Edge & Going for the One.
Davison can hit the high notes which I think Anderson might have struggled with these days.

Nearly 3 hours - wonderful stuff.

Last edited by jhc; 08-05-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:28 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Well I've got to say I'm pleasently surprised. YES putting on a really good show here tonight. At the interval and near perfect rendition of Close to the Edge & Going for the One.
Davison can hit the high notes which I think Anderson might have struggled with these days.

Nearly 3 hours - wonderful stuff.
Glad you enjoyed it. I was a bit disappointed. Downes is such an unsubtle keyboard player.
Old 13-05-2014, 06:38 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love what Downes does in Asia, but I have to agree with you, the keyboards were the weak part. Wakeman has always been a hard act for anyone to follow, and although there have been a few since he left, no one has come close.
Old 13-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Old 03-06-2014, 06:46 AM
F E A R

Hedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've been listening to a great new album from Cosmograf
To view the link you have to Register or Login

and also their previous one
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I also found decent albums by KingBathmat and Blue Mammoth over on Bandcamp whilst I was there. All can be streamed from the site as many times as you want and bought on various formats, including FLAC.

Looking forward greatly to the new Anathema album next week, one of my favourite bands.

Also booked yesterday for the next Marillion weekend in the Netherlands, it almost sold out in the first half an hour before they suspended bookings, a few remaining places should be back on sale today.
Old 17-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Happy 29th Birthday,

Let's celebrate 41:16 minutes of music! Glad I had the chance to get it in 1985!

Last edited by waddoneagle; 17-06-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:21 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Yes have a new album out, called 'Heaven & Earth'. It is toilet.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:07 PM

That's a shame because I have it on order from Amazon
Old 04-07-2014, 09:45 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
That's a shame because I have it on order from Amazon
If half-speed soft rock bereft of personality is your thang, you'll love it
Old 22-07-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yes have a new album out, called 'Heaven & Earth'. It is toilet.
You weren't wrong
Old 23-07-2014, 09:03 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle View Post
Happy 29th Birthday,

Let's celebrate 41:16 minutes of music! Glad I had the chance to get it in 1985!
I was a bit embarrassed at the time cos they were thought a bit uncool, but I loved those first three albums.

They played the whole thing start to finish on that tour and it was great.

It would be great if those 5 could get together to play it once more.
Old 23-07-2014, 09:22 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
29 years ago.
Old 28-07-2014, 10:44 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
You weren't wrong
I did warn you!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Palace/Panionios

Working for Pendragon this weekend on the launch of their new album in Swindon
Old 02-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Palace/Panionios

Old 02-10-2014, 07:08 PM

What's the new album like?
Plus, it's a big choice - Old Trafford or Pendie on 8th Nov
Old 02-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
What's the new album like?
Plus, it's a big choice - Old Trafford or Pendie on 8th Nov
No one has heard it yet, untill Saturday
Old 09-12-2014, 09:38 PM
F E A R

Hedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So, fed up with seeing all the tedious indie-fest 'Best of 2014' lists, I thought I'd just put my top 20 here instead. Well, I've made it 22 as there is one 'non-prog' album in there and one borderline, so ignore the Foo Fighters and Within Temptation if you want to.

Actually, it's been a great year for Prog, loving it more and more these days, and have listened to about 80 albums this year.

1 Anathema - Distant Satellites
2 Cosmograf - Capacitor
3 Steve Rothery - The Ghosts of Pripyat
4 The Pineapple Thief - Magnolia
5 Lunatic Soul - Walking on a Flashlight Beam
6 Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways
7 Gazpacho - Demon
8 Harvest Northern Wind
9 Major Parkinson - Twilight Cinema
10 Synaesthesia - Synaesthesia
11 Se Delan - The Fall
12 Panic Room - Incarnate
13 Opeth - Pale Communion
14 Within Temptation - Hydra
15 Pink Floyd - The Endless River
16 Alcest - Shelter
17 Lazuli - Tant que l'herbe est grasse
18 Tin Spirits - Scorch
19 Motorpsycho Beyond the Sun
20 Bjorn Riis - Lullabies in a Car Crash
21 Amplifier - Mystoria
22 Hi Fiction Science - Curious Yellow
Old 21-12-2014, 09:18 PM

IQ Xmas show at O2 Academy last night - excellent as usual.