Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 06-12-2018, 09:05 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Oh Shit! (to quote one of his song titles).

To view the link you have to Register or Login

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 06-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Grrrrrrr.......

Ev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Another one taken for too young.
Great song writer, great band.
Never saw them at the time originally but several times over the years since and was planning on seeing their Albert Hall show next summer.
RIP Pete
Old 06-12-2018, 10:07 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev View Post
Another one taken for too young.
Great song writer, great band.
Never saw them at the time originally but several times over the years since and was planning on seeing their Albert Hall show next summer.
RIP Pete

Same here, I was too young to have seen them first time around (I would have been ten when "Ever Fallen in Love" came out. I first saw them at The Clapham Grand in about 1989/90, last saw them supporting the Pogues outside Greenwich Naval College in 2011.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:28 AM

Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Saw them at the Greyhound. My son saw them about 35 years later. So many great songs. Really shitty news.

Last edited by Tim of the 80's; 07-12-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:03 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Oh Shit! (to quote one of his song titles).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Sad news
Old 08-12-2018, 01:50 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
Saw them at the Greyhound. My son saw them about 35 years later. So many great songs. Really shitty news.
There must have been a crowd of about 3000 at that/those gigs. Everyone seems to have been there. I can still smell the carpet in that place. Once you got your Fox Club membership card, didn't matter how old you were to get served at the bar. I was fifteen in the first year I started attending regularly. A few shit beers, a pernod and black, some great bands and Chinese chicken and chips on the way home. 1975 was the year Sunday nights finally came alive for me. magical. From Greenslade to the Slits in twelve months...
Old 11-12-2018, 10:23 AM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
1. Down in the tube station at midnight- the Jam
2. Hanging around - Stranglers
3. New Rose - the Damned
4. White man in Hammersmith Palais - the Clash
5. Into the valley - the Skids
6. Where's captain Kirk - Athletico Spizz 80
7. Sound of the suburbs - the members
8. Suspect device - stiff little fingers
9.public image - public image
10. Lipstick vogue - Elvis Costello and the Attractions
Old 11-12-2018, 03:25 PM

Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
There must have been a crowd of about 3000 at that/those gigs. Everyone seems to have been there. I can still smell the carpet in that place. Once you got your Fox Club membership card, didn't matter how old you were to get served at the bar. I was fifteen in the first year I started attending regularly. A few shit beers, a pernod and black, some great bands and Chinese chicken and chips on the way home. 1975 was the year Sunday nights finally came alive for me. magical. From Greenslade to the Slits in twelve months...
I was at Greenslade too!
Old 11-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
No particular order and using 1 song per band off the top of my head

No More Heroes- The Stranglers
Teenage Kicks- Undertones
Teenage- UK Subs(Just gets in above Tomorrows Girls)
Suspect Device- SLF
Smash It Up- The Damned
Angels with dirty faces- Sham69
Into The Valley-The Skids
English Civil War- The Clash
Kiss Me Deadly- GenerationX
Holidays in The Sun- Sex Pistols
Old 12-12-2018, 12:47 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
I was at Greenslade too!
Saw them a few times.

From this:

To this:

In about 8 months.
Old 17-12-2018, 06:27 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great memories was lucky to be around when punk hit the scene I was 15 in 77 . Saw the Skids, Stranglers, The Clash, The Damned, Stiff little fingers, 999 and Angelic upstarts all live back then .didn't see the Sex Pistols until they reformed and got to see them at Brixton. I was once at Hammersmith palias watching the Police supported by the Beat when hundreds of skinheads burst in the venue Sham 69 where playing the odean and these lot couldn't get in was a right punch up. I legged it
Old 17-12-2018, 10:13 PM

Walter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I missed this thread first time round.

Top Ten?
Here are a dozen or so of my faves:

1. Anarchy in the UK
2. Satellite - Sex Pistols (if we're allowed B-sides)
3. New Rose - The Damned
4. Boredom - Buzzcocks
5. Gary Gilmore's Eyes - The Adverts
6. Ain't got a clue - The Lurkers
7. Nasty Nasty - 999
8. Your Generation - Generation X
9. Complete Control - The Clash
10. Action Time Vision - Alternative TV
11. Outside View - Eater
12. Don't Dictate - Penetration