Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-08-2018, 12:49 PM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
Have to agree with everyone else's sentiments about the Simpsons, up until the film it was great (could say that about most coms that make a feature film, Ali G etc)
My fav episodes (and there's quite a few)

TOH - the shining, the trucking one (big red) the one with Willie's retirement grease (Bart "where's the hose", Homer "bringing it up the rear") the one where homer dreams he has two marges (chop chop, dig dig, I hear digging but I don't hear chopping) Max Power, Plough King, Hank Scorpio, Sherry Bobbins (Barney "goodbye Superman") they were great times and I think there are tons more I missed out.

Might give this new show a go and hope it really does well as it would be great to have something fresh to watch (wasn't into Futurama much)

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:50 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Ralph Wiggum close thread
I'll play my Nelson Muntz against your Ralph Wiggum.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:59 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb1 View Post
Have to agree with everyone else's sentiments about the Simpsons, up until the film it was great (could say that about most coms that make a feature film, Ali G etc)
My fav episodes (and there's quite a few)

TOH - the shining, the trucking one (big red) the one with Willie's retirement grease (Bart "where's the hose", Homer "bringing it up the rear") the one where homer dreams he has two marges (chop chop, dig dig, I hear digging but I don't hear chopping) Max Power, Plough King, Hank Scorpio, Sherry Bobbins (Barney "goodbye Superman") they were great times and I think there are tons more I missed out.

Might give this new show a go and hope it really does well as it would be great to have something fresh to watch (wasn't into Futurama much)
I couldn't wait to see the film but I was also dreading it as it was made during the crap tv years.
I'd have to say I was pleasantly surprised as I thought it was good.
I think Brad Bird came back so that might be why.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The best line ever delivered in the Simpsons was

“Confused, would we?”
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
The best line ever delivered in the Simpsons was

“Confused, would we?”
My fave line is from Mr Burns.
He commissioned Marge to paint his portrait at the same time Homer was put on a diet.

Monty Burns after Homer was so pleased he'd lost a few pounds : Let me me get this straight..you're pleased with your appearance? My good man, you're the fattest thing I've ever seen and I've been on safari.

You've probably worked out that I'm a proper Simpsons nerd.
I've got the chess set and everything.
And I don't play chess.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:32 AM

hulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
Clancy Wiggum and Moe Sizlak are up there too...

Randy Marsh from South park also
Randy for me. He’s absolute class.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:35 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I've hardly watched the programme, but i did see an episode when his daughter won a story writing contest and they got to go to The White House. On the way Homer said " who ever thought reading and writing would pay off?"
Old 13-08-2018, 11:58 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Seasons 3 - 9 are peak Simpsons. Nothing better. The film is great too, not sure why it gets a bad rep.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 13-08-2018, 11:59 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Disenchantment.

Also...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The Ned cider one is the best by far

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 13-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Monkey Shadow

simplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am Iron Man.... der der der der der der Vote for me
Old 17-08-2018, 11:14 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Up on Netflix now.

Werner Herzog
Old 18-08-2018, 12:40 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I've hardly watched the programme, but i did see an episode when his daughter won a story writing contest and they got to go to The White House. On the way Homer said " who ever thought reading and writing would pay off?"

Homer drives past a hitchhiker holding a sign that says “Springfield”.
Shortly after he passes him, he mutters to himself “it’s about time they got a post for that sign”
Old 19-08-2018, 06:01 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
If they'd made it a comedy it would've been much better. Should it get a second series, they need some new writers.
Old 19-08-2018, 11:55 PM

jrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched Disenchantment this weekend. Obvious Simpsons and Futurama influences but very good and very funny.
Old 20-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Supporting CPFC 2010

Big-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I watched the full series - Enjoyed it