Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
The current shortage of property for sale is the only thing pinning up prices .
I seem to recall you denying that supply and demand had an effect on the increase in property prices. Nice to see you now agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017

Last edited by Chief Brody; 18-05-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:47 AM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's always been the case with easy and cheap borrowing , Why do you think interest rates are so low and borrowing so easy ? The same mistakes that led to the Creditcrunch are still being made , Only difference now is the interest rates can't go lower , The rich elites have protected themselves , The rest of us are on borrowed time , The more frightening Creditcrunch 2 is on it's way Brexit didn't cause this mess , infact it has probably given the UK a short reprieve and more control .
Old 17-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm61 View Post
Brexit is accelerating the crisis through higher inflation due to the fall in the value of the £ and by creating vast economic uncertainty
So not Brexit itself (which hasn't actually happened yet), but rather the reaction to it from stupid people?
Old 17-05-2017, 12:08 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
So not Brexit itself (which hasn't actually happened yet), but rather the reaction to it from stupid people?
Not stupid, but people who have no, or are rapidly losing, confidence in the UK's ability to weather a potential Brexit storm.

A bit like we all felt at 11:30am last Sunday at SP.
Old 17-05-2017, 12:48 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
No people who now have to live with years of uncertainty and economic chaos...like Farmers who are going to lose their EU grants or the thousands of NHS staff who have no idea if they can stay...or finance houses who don't know if they can trade in the EU....ad nauseum
Old 17-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
So you are saying we shouldn't do what you were proposing we should do a few posts back?

Or am I missing something?
The politics of the EU is a mess and leading to the rise of nationalism - it needs reform.

We are unnecessarily losing the PR battle in Europe.

What I'm proposing is that the UK could provide the vision the EU needs by suggesting how it should reform. Unlike any other member, we have a mandate from the referendum to point out what the issues are.

Sadly, I also think we have missed the boat and in the future EU citizens will (wrongly) blame Brexit as the EU falls apart.
Old 17-05-2017, 02:39 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Old 17-05-2017, 02:40 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
I'm taking this as a positive sign that you are at last beginning to recognise the consequences of your actions and are attempting to assuage your guilt by posting nonsense like this.
No it's pointing out Brexit which hasn't happened yet has nothing to do with the effects of the on going credit crunch and the failing severe Austerity measures put in place by the EU and IMF etc to protect the wealthiest individuals assets , The game's nearly up and interest rates can no longer be lowered further or credit given out like confetti , Inflation was always a risk along with a Property bubble bursting .

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 17-05-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 17-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
No it's pointing out Brexit which hasn't happened yet ...
...although we are all already feeling its effects.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 17-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
So the weaker pound causing inflation is nothing to do with Brexit?
Old 17-05-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
...although we are all already feeling its effects.
A Weaker pound but it's still at a decent level , Inflation has numerous causes and Brexit is only a small percentage of the cause , Exports are doing ok and unemployment continues to fall .
House prices falling is a good thing and rents will eventually .
As far as I am concerned Brexit is good , All we need now is a Labour Government , If Labour don't beat the odds this time , 2022 will be a walk in the park .
Old 17-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
House prices falling is a good thing
I know why you say this, but for me and millions like me it is far from it.

We put our everything into our property. We save up for years to get a deposit, and then we budget our lives to afford the mortgage, and we put every bit of spare cash back into it.

Somehow you think we all deserve to lose all that money we've put in over the years.

I'm not saying house prices are fair, but simply dropping prices just makes a massive amount of people who can't afford it poorer.
Old 17-05-2017, 03:30 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I think Racehorse is worried about how his kids are going to get on the housing ladder and probably hopes if there was a fall like in the early 90s cash rich parents can jump in and help them. The problem is that there will be large number of other oldies doing the same and once prices start falling you will need one hell of a deposit. Sharply falling prices would be a disaster for first time buyers in negative equity as when your existing deal runs out and you are in negative equity nobody wants you. So your lender will offer you a very bad deal if they are mean spirited. In Ireland after the collapse foreign owned banks who wanted out of the country put some mortgages up to 8% and young families couldn't transfer out.
Old 17-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
But when it came to dealing with the EU the British diplomatic effort was a total failure. It consisted of public posturing, poor preparation for meetings and making lots of demands and ultimatums rather than looking for compromise. This will be the story of Brexit just as it was the story of Cameron’s “renegotiation”.
I don't know when your chap served in Brussels or what he covered but that is not the view held by EU Permanent Representations that I knew. In my experience, the UK was one of the first ports of call for other countries who wanted to win against a Commission proposal and I can't count how many blocks I saw us successfully lead. There was a study done of the starting negotiating objectives of the 5 main EU economies, and where it all ended up. The UK was top, achieving over 90% of its goals. More broadly, many of those non-EU UK Embassy people that your man admires? They would have served in Brussels in some capacity & at some time.
Old 17-05-2017, 07:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
I think you'll find Britain was the first to outlaw the slave trade and then the navy actively tried to stop others doing it in Africa. Do I give a shyte, no, its 200yrs ago and nothing to do with me, if you feel the need to self flagellate over it feel free but don't expect anyone else to feel responsible or even apologetic.

Imperialism, so what a thing of the past stop hang wringing and get over it.
Correct. Its all so yesteryear ce wants us to be forever sorry for everything in the past and self whipping daily. I aint gonna happen.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Last edited by Biggineagle; 17-05-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old 17-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
It is so far from correct that it's almost a lie. Many countries abolished slavery hundreds of years before the Brits.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 17-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's always been the case with easy and cheap borrowing , Why do you think interest rates are so low and borrowing so easy ? The same mistakes that led to the Creditcrunch are still being made , Only difference now is the interest rates can't go lower , The rich elites have protected themselves , The rest of us are on borrowed time , The more frightening Creditcrunch 2 is on it's way Brexit didn't cause this mess , infact it has probably given the UK a short reprieve and more control .
Perhaps you are right, Pre Brexit vote, the experts (spit) predicted a recession on its way well before the referendum. I presume the same experts will now admit Brexit has been good for UK and pushed further back any thoughts of a recession for a few years.

Old 17-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
It is so far from correct that it's almost a lie. Many countries abolished slavery hundreds of years before the Brits.
Many before and many after. No need for people to keep beating themselves up today over something that happened many moons ago and those that had a hand in and suffered from those atrocities are well gone. Sure dont forget said slavery and its effects, but dont beat yourself up about it forever or expect others to.

Old 17-05-2017, 07:46 PM
O'Skinty to you

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm sure you are correct but as far as I am aware the abolition of slavery started with William the Conk and was pretty much done with by the Magna Carta. Yes the original not the rewrites so pretty much over by the 12th century.
Yes people did bring slaves to Britain but it was never legal and didn't survive a challenge.

In any event the discussion was about the slave trade which generally means the trans Atlantic slave trade. Who stopped before the British, yes the French, great except they started again 10years later. Of the major nations doing it as far as I can see Britain stopped first.

Slavery in itself was/is a more difficult issue to unwind and continues today both as slavery and indentured servitude across the world.
Old 17-05-2017, 07:46 PM

jackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Perhaps you are right, Pre Brexit vote, the experts (spit) predicted a recession on its way well before the referendum. I presume the same experts will now admit Brexit has been good for UK and pushed further back any thoughts of a recession for a few years.
Brexit has not happened yet. It will and then you will be able to reflect on its implications.
"Crystal Palace were magnificent last weekend as they crashed Steven Gerrard’s party, changed the music without asking, took the most expensive beer from the fridge, and plonked themselves down on the most comfortable chair with their boots up on the coffee table." (May 2015)