Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-09-2016, 06:56 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
my Vax vacuum cleaner broke down 2 weeks ago. up until then, I've been very happy with it, since we bought it 2 years ago.
Still under warranty, Vax send a replacement.

The new cleaner is absolute dogshite. And the reason ?

recent EU legislation reduced the power of vacuum cleaners to a maximum wattage.
What utter scrotes. Vacuuming takes twice as long with the smaller motor, plus it doesn't pick up as much dust/dog hair/pollen as their previous cleaner did.

Good for the environment ? Not if you have to spend additional time cleaning.

Good for asthmatics, or people with allergies, COPD, or people with toddlers who don't want them crawling in sh1t in their house ?

I want a vacuum that rips the threads from my carpet.
Brexit can't come too soon
Then you have just been given a bad machine.

We have just bought a new Vax, after the old one retired. The old one was heavy and noisy and difficult to lift upstairs. The new one, complying with EU regs, is amazing. Less noisy and almost half the weight of the old one. The suction is fantastic, and much better than the old one, which I previously thought couldn't get much better.

You see, the motor power is not the only factor in achieving good suction, there are many other factors involved, and the EU regs have given designers the incentive to come up with something better, and they have. I now have cleaner carpets and am using less electricity. What's not to like?

I think they must have sent you a faulty replacement. I would complain and ask for a better replacement. One thing is an absolute certainty, it ain't down to EU regs.

Last edited by SE25 exile; 18-09-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 18-09-2016, 06:59 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
No matter with them super dim EU lightbulbs, you won't be able to see all the crud stuck in your carpet anyway.....

https://youtu.be/DiWomXklfv8
Old 18-09-2016, 07:02 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
The Private Eye is where on your list ?
Cant be bothered to investigate it.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 18-09-2016, 07:12 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
And who was it that blindly let the EU become the mess it is, rather than fighting to get a more British version than this French like bureaucratic mess...... Nigel and UKIP or your friends?
Pfff my friends!? I haven't voted for twenty odd years because tragically I don't have any faith in politicians whatsoever. The last 'good, honest' politician I can think of was Mo Mowlom and she died over 10 years ago.
Old 18-09-2016, 07:13 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
No matter with them super dim EU lightbulbs, you won't be able to see all the crud stuck in your carpet anyway.....
I think your post and FHs, sums up the problem with Brexiters, particularly when there is a misunderstanding of the science.

I know your fly away comment was flippant and not too serious, but like the crud on FHs carpet, it sticks.

Technology has always driven change, and change causes dissent sometimes until we all get used to it.

My kitchen and extension is now fitted with flush LED lighting, super bright and modern, using a tiny fraction of electricity that it used to consume, saving me a lot of cash without any sacrifice of illumination. Quite the opposite in fact, as the old style spots cast a yellow light and got far too hot, more heat than light in fact.

By the way, when we start trading with the rest of the Brexit world, we are going to have to comply with up to 63 individual sets of regulations, not just one.
Old 18-09-2016, 07:14 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Pfff my friends!? I haven't voted for twenty odd years because tragically I don't have any faith in politicians whatsoever. The last 'good, honest' politician I can think of was Mo Mowlom and she died over 10 years ago.
I was pointing at Fang...and his comments..

Old 18-09-2016, 07:15 AM
#Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
I think your post and FHs, sums up the problem with Brexiters, particularly when there is a misunderstanding of the science.

I know your fly away comment was flippant and not too serious, but like the crud on FHs carpet, it sticks.

Technology has always driven change, and change causes dissent sometimes until we all get used to it.

My kitchen and extension is now fitted with flush LED lighting, super bright and modern, using a tiny fraction of electricity that it used to consume, saving me a lot of cash without any sacrifice of illumination. Quite the opposite in fact, as the old style spots cast a yellow light and got far too hot, more heat than light in fact.

By the way, when we start trading with the rest of the Brexit world, we are going to have to comply with up to 63 individual sets of regulations, not just one.
To view the link you have to Register or LoginWe can do it better...the UK is not at the back of the line when it comes to innovation..have some faith in the UK please!

Old 18-09-2016, 07:21 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
ain't that the truth, kin useless.

Anyway carpet? you should have had it all ripped out and replaced with wood or Spanish tiles like a proper European.
Old 18-09-2016, 07:28 AM
#Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
ain't that the truth, kin useless.

Anyway carpet? you should have had it all ripped out and replaced with wood or Spanish tiles like a proper European.

Old 18-09-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
To view the link you have to Register or LoginWe can do it better...the UK is not at the back on the line when it comes to innovation..have some faith in the UK please!
Thanks for reinforcing my technical point in response to FH's dodgy Vax.

Dyson is making my point for me, he would like 700 watts by 2017, not 900 under EU regs.

Wattage power is not the only factor in effective suction, and Dyson recognises this.

As for Dyson products, they are over hyped and over priced, and having done a bit of personal research, not as good as Vax, IMHO.

I would have more respect for Dyson himself if he hadn't sent his manufacturing base to China where cheap labour rules. If he really has faith in the UK, then why did he choose to do this? Surely he is isn't more profit motivated than his patriotism suggests.
Old 18-09-2016, 07:39 AM
#Hadron Collider

Quote:

Dyson is making my point for me, he would like 700 watts by 2017, not 900 under EU regs.

Wattage power is not the only factor in effective suction, and Dyson recognises this.

As for Dyson products, they are over hyped and over priced, and having done a bit of personal research, not as good as Vax, IMHO.

I would have more respect for Dyson himself if he hadn't sent his manufacturing base to China where cheap labour rules. If he really has faith in the UK, then why did he choose to do this? Surely he is isn't more profit motivated than his patriotism suggests.
Agree with you .... he was already a multi millionaire when he moved his production for the most part overseas, I guess making unemployed the workforce that had already made him millions....NICE! .....I stopped buying his products for this reason.....but I saw a few years back that he pays millions in personal tax, which is rare for a British millionaire businessman...for that reason only I did buy my last unit from Dyson....also got a Vax.

Old 18-09-2016, 08:32 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I'd like to see the EU reform the Posted Workers Directive. Those posted to Britain, France and Germany by contractors should be paid the same as locals to stop workers on building sites being undercut. Unfortunately the East European nations and for some unknown reason Denmark blocked this. The East European unions saw their lower pay as a selling point. Looks like the East Europeans won't compromise here. Oh well, after Brexit this must be a red line. If contractors want to employ any builders on UK taxpayer funded or guaranteed construction projects then they will pay UK wages. No budging on this issue.
Old 18-09-2016, 08:34 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Agree with you .... he was already a multi millionaire when he moved his production for the most part overseas, I guess making unemployed the workforce that had already made him millions....NICE! .....I stopped buying his products for this reason.....but I saw a few years back that he pays millions in personal tax, which is rare for a British millionaire businessman...for that reason only I did buy my last unit from Dyson....also got a Vax.
He has also slightly redeemed himself by heavy recruitment of research and development staff in the UK.
Old 18-09-2016, 09:49 AM
O'Skinty to you

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:

Agree on Dyson, a triumph of marketing over content. Mrs Skint takes twice as long to destroy a VAX than a Dyson and they seem a third of the cost.
Old 18-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCroydon_CPFC View Post
Still a higher % than those who voted Remain
Well, obviously and that is why your response to Adlerhorst was moot.
Old 18-09-2016, 10:21 AM

eaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
my Vax vacuum cleaner broke down 2 weeks ago. up until then, I've been very happy with it, since we bought it 2 years ago.
Still under warranty, Vax send a replacement.

The new cleaner is absolute dogshite. And the reason ?

recent EU legislation reduced the power of vacuum cleaners to a maximum wattage.
What utter scrotes. Vacuuming takes twice as long with the smaller motor, plus it doesn't pick up as much dust/dog hair/pollen as their previous cleaner did.

Good for the environment ? Not if you have to spend additional time cleaning.

Good for asthmatics, or people with allergies, COPD, or people with toddlers who don't want them crawling in sh1t in their house ?

I want a vacuum that rips the threads from my carpet.
Brexit can't come too soon
that sucks
Old 18-09-2016, 10:28 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
He has also slightly redeemed himself by heavy recruitment of research and development staff in the UK.
I would imagine a lot of R&D is in cooperation with the EU. That is surely going to suffer when we are out. We won't be involved in any Projects involving the EU.
Old 18-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Is this 'moot' as in a synonym for 'dumb'?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 18-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Banned by Moderators

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Only moot if you didn't understand the point, which you clearly do not, or at least are pretending not to.

Adlerhorst said 75% of under 25's wanted to Remain and went Leaving we have committed a grave crime against future generations.

I was simply pointing out that it is not correct that 75% all of all under 25's wanted to Remain, as in fact a majority of all under 25's did not vote to Remain.

I trust this clarifies
Old 18-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Banned by Moderators

willcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Is this 'moot' as in a synonym for 'dumb'?

You cannot resist it Maz. Sir Mik gets his today.