Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 31-07-2017, 11:29 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
We have to sign a new No 1. The thought of seeing Hennessey in goal for the new season is very concerning.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:31 AM

Jimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
I can remember the day we signed Nigel Martyn. Maybe my memory is playing tricks (again) but I recall that he made an instant impact.
I recall him being awful to begin with. His positioning and decision making were all over the place. He loved to rush out!
Old 31-07-2017, 11:34 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
We have to sign a new No 1. The thought of seeing Hennessey in goal for the new season is very concerning.
I could cope with it. We have to get bodies in elsewhere and although WH may cost us some points (as will some others who will make a few mistakes at times), I don't think it would single-handedly take us down. I actually think the need for another striker is probably greater.

Anyway, there is another month of the transfer window and I expect we will see a new keeper of some sort.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:34 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A new keeper could be just as important as a CB.
We’ve got 3 very good centrebacks, a more than adequate back up in Kelly, and Delaney who could do a job.
A new keeper who could organise that defence, relieve some of the pressure could be just as important.
A goalkeeper is far more important than just the saves they make.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We need a 3rd keeper but FdB might like Wayne as no.1.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:37 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I could cope with it. We have to get bodies in elsewhere and although WH may cost us some points (as will some others who will make a few mistakes at times), I don't think it would single-handedly take us down. I actually think the need for another striker is probably greater.

Anyway, there is another month of the transfer window and I expect we will see a new keeper of some sort.
Definitely agree with you on the need for at least one more striker but I think finding a new No 1 should be very high up the priority list. Hennessey just isn't anywhere near good enough.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:41 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think a lack of depth outfield is more of an issue. WH and JS are both capable goalkeepers.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:44 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Very poor by the club in my view. It's clear we need a new number one, and have done since January frankly. Goalkeeper especially is a position that needs time to bed in, get used to his defence, and vice versa, as well as settled into the squad in general. Even if we sign one before the start of the season (which i'm starting to doubt frankly), we'll have missed that valuable settling in time.

Sorry to sound negative, but i really think this is pretty shabby by the club.
I think its shabby you don't know how many days there are in July....
Old 31-07-2017, 11:56 AM

BringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
This is why the BBS is a nightmare these days. Such a sense of entitlement. Most deals get done at the end of the window and you pay over the odds beforehand. Usually that means you miss out or don't have the players as early as you would like. That is usually better than overpaying or buying a sub optimal player. Our owners know what they are doing.
Not sure that is entirely true, Bournemouth secured their priority targets really early (Begovic was a steal) and West Ham have got theirs in for decent enough fees. Both clubs are at about our level so it can be done. Of course both of those clubs haven't changed manager, so our circumstances are a little bit different.

That said, I remember on last summer's deadline day we went in to it thinking Tomas Rincon was going to sign, then it turned to Jack Wilshere, then a last minute punt for James McCarthy when it was obvious Wilshere wasn't coming and we ended up with no-one, and were bang in trouble come January. Meanwhile Spurs had their trousers pulled down and paid £30m for Sissoko. For me it's about balance, we should be securing our priority signings within these next 2 weeks and see what 'value' there is out there for the other positions as we go through August. Anything else is a risk.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:58 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
I'd rather a new striker than keeper at this stage. At least Hennessey has 10 in front of him to help. Benteke has only got Zaha and Townsend for his help. If CB goes down that leaves us with **** all. If Hennessey goes down i'd trust Jules to do his job better than Ladapo or Anderson if Big Ben goes amiss.
With all due respect to those 2 lads.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:59 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Nothing to substantiate this claim, but feel had Sam stayed Begovic would've been on his hit list.
Old 31-07-2017, 12:01 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Nothing to substantiate this claim, but feel had Sam stayed Begovic would've been on his hit list.
Begovic had agreed Bournemouth deal in January.

What I do know is if bfs signed sakho this summer we wouldn't of bought a keeper aswel
Old 31-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
I think its shabby you don't know how many days there are in July....
Rare for me, i'm normally behind the times.
Old 31-07-2017, 12:10 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Deal taking him to Bournemouth was done in January.
Old 31-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One concern is that Hennessey having just signed a new contract, you'd expect during the discussions would want to know his place in the squad. I'm aware this wasn't on De Boer's watch, but you'd have to assume he was told 'you're our number one keeper'.

I don't want to unduly slag the guy, as he seems to get enough of that on here, but i just feel his game is full of errors and weaknesses, and not the kind that can be amended much with a new manager. The idea that De Boer will 'bring him on' is wishful thinking. A manager is not going to improve a keeper's technique much by himself. That's the role of the GK coach, and the relationship he has with the defence, as well as his application in training. Without making this thread about WH, his agility, reactions, positioning, coming for crosses and communication are all poor at this level IMHO. De Boer hasn't got a magic wand to amend a player with so many weaknesses, at goalkeeper especially.

If we go into September with WH as number one we will only have ourselves to blame for the points he will cost us as the season progresses. It's like yer man Einstein said, madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Old 31-07-2017, 12:28 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Making Puncheon captain when he has been way off form for well over a year and that lack of form being condoned by captaincy indicating first choice status
Having no cover for Benteke
Giving Speroni and Delaney new contracts
Still not having a quality right back
Still being light in first choice centre backs
Still not signing a clear first choice keeper where Hennessy will displace him easily because we don't get what a good keeper really is

PS this is essentially another hate thread for our current keeper
Why not do the same for every player not considered as good enough?
Old 31-07-2017, 12:34 PM

How is it a hate thread? Jesus.
Old 31-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thought Adrian was his pick?
Old 31-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
Not sure that is entirely true, Bournemouth secured their priority targets really early (Begovic was a steal) and West Ham have got theirs in for decent enough fees. Both clubs are at about our level so it can be done. Of course both of those clubs haven't changed manager, so our circumstances are a little bit different.

That said, I remember on last summer's deadline day we went in to it thinking Tomas Rincon was going to sign, then it turned to Jack Wilshere, then a last minute punt for James McCarthy when it was obvious Wilshere wasn't coming and we ended up with no-one, and were bang in trouble come January. Meanwhile Spurs had their trousers pulled down and paid £30m for Sissoko. For me it's about balance, we should be securing our priority signings within these next 2 weeks and see what 'value' there is out there for the other positions as we go through August. Anything else is a risk.
You didn't really address the overriding point which is there is a massive sense of entitlement these days. We ideally need x signings has become oh my god we haven't yet got x new signings. Some deals can be done early as we've proven. Maybe in Bournemouth's case they had more of those identified players that they could get done early on reasonable terms or maybe they've paid through the nose to get hem done. Hard to say. You are right that we've had a change of manager and it is sensible to fully assess the squad including the youngsters before completing some signings. FDB may want to see how some of these players perform after a few games and how they've adapted to his coaching too. These guys really know what they are doing and won't be legged over. I'm happy with that and excited about the new season rather than the alarmist views of the thread starter.

On a related note I wouldn't be thinking about spending £30m on Sakho until I'd seen how the current squad coped with his system in the first couple of games. Why make such a massive investment until you really know?

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 31-07-2017, 12:46 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Making Puncheon captain when he has been way off form for well over a year and that lack of form being condoned by captaincy indicating first choice status
Having no cover for Benteke
Giving Speroni and Delaney new contracts
Still not having a quality right back
Still being light in first choice centre backs
Still not signing a clear first choice keeper where Hennessy will displace him easily because we don't get what a good keeper really is

PS this is essentially another hate thread for our current keeper
Why not do the same for every player not considered as good enough?
Because this is a key position that requires the most upgrading. It isn't a hate thread, it's a valid point. we have the worst set of keepers in the league imo. It needs improving asap.