Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:38 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
to start?
Believe so
Old 06-11-2017, 12:38 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
I genuinely cannot wait for us to have a striker available & have Wilf & Townsend back out wide, doing what they do best.

We have missed a presence in the box so much. Yesterday being the prime example. Wilf & Andros have done a fine job imitating strikers, but neither of them are at the end of the day. Let's get them back out wide, rinsing full backs & supplying Benteke...then we might stand a chance of staying up.
Yep. We miss the width badly
Old 06-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Jonathan Williams Fanclub

SteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveyHawking : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Speroni
Ward Tomkins Sakho Van Aanholt
Townsend Milivojevic Cabaye Zaha
Loftus-Cheek
Benteke

Hennessey, Fosu-Mensah, Riedewald, Dann, Schlupp, Puncheon, Sako
BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League Champion 2015/16
Old 06-11-2017, 01:05 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
I genuinely cannot wait for us to have a striker available & have Wilf & Townsend back out wide, doing what they do best.

We have missed a presence in the box so much. Yesterday being the prime example. Wilf & Andros have done a fine job imitating strikers, but neither of them are at the end of the day. Let's get them back out wide, rinsing full backs & supplying Benteke...then we might stand a chance of staying up.
I agree about Benteke, I don't agree about Wilf. He may have missed a golden chance yesterday, but he's 2 from 4 under Hodgson, and he's getting himself into serious goalscoring positions. WZ should have a free role, with no defensive responsibilities. He can run the channels, and is the ideal foil to the often static Benteke as he has the pace and workrate to press the opposition. He will ony improve still further in his current role when playing alongside a striker like Benteke.

The only question is who plays wide left. I don't think Schlupp is good enough, Puncheon definitely isn't, and Riedewald, McArthur and RLC are ideally suited to being more central. This is the conundrum for Roy.

These are the automatic starters:

--------------------------Speroni-----------------------------
???-------------Dann----------------Sakho-------------???
Townsend-----Cabaye------------Milivojevic-----------???
-----------------Benteke-------------Zaha-------------------

I'd still like to see RLC playing left midfield, especially for home games. It's not ideal, but he is the least worst option. If he can be encouraged to track back when we don't have the ball he should be given a chance there. When we do have the ball he can drift into a more central position, allowing the left back to overlap.

Just a quick additional point regarding the full-backs. I think we should do what Spurs do: rotate them. Joel Ward's a very good defender when our backs are against the wall. And yet he stifles our forward play when we are at home and chasing a goal. He should play the away games. TFM showed us against West Ham what a right back should be able to do in the home games. Similarly I feel that PVA is better on the ball and in attacking situations when we are at home. We should push our full backs further up the pitch at home. Therefore I would play:

Home

TFM-------------Dann---------------Sakho-------------PVA
Townsend-----Cabaye------------Milivojevic-----------RLC

Away

Ward-----------Dann----------------Sakho------------Schlupp

Last edited by glaziers fan; 06-11-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:11 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

This. And I would love to see Benteke getting told by Wilf & Townsend that he needs to make proper runs to complement the work & running that they've been doing while he's been out. Yesterday was a prime example of two players manfully trying to do the work of three.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:22 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
This. And I would love to see Benteke getting told by Wilf & Townsend that he needs to make proper runs to complement the work & running that they've been doing while he's been out. Yesterday was a prime example of two players manfully trying to do the work of three.
It's just not going to happen, otherwise Klopp would have kept Benteke. That's why we need someone next to him to take the weight off CB's shoulders by putting a shift in off the ball. Not to mention getting close for the flick-ons and knock downs.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:25 PM

Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho PVA
Cabaye Luka
Townsend RLC Wilf
Bentke

Get RLC to support Benteke when going forward, get wide, balls in box
Old 06-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho PVA
Cabaye Luka
Townsend RLC Wilf
Bentke

And get the full-backs forward to supply some width too.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:49 PM

--------------------------Speroni-------------------------------
Ward--------------Dann------------Sakho------------PVA
Townsend------Cabaye-----------Luka------------Schlupp
----------------Benteke-----------Zaha--------------

That's the side I think Roy will pick: edited because I think Ward will play instead of TFM on 2nd thoughts.

Last edited by glaziers fan; 08-11-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I agree about Benteke, I don't agree about Wilf. He may have missed a golden chance yesterday, but he's 2 from 4 under Hodgson, and he's getting himself into serious goalscoring positions. WZ should have a free role, with no defensive responsibilities. He can run the channels, and is the ideal foil to the often static Benteke as he has the pace and workrate to press the opposition. He will ony improve still further in his current role when playing alongside a striker like Benteke.

The only question is who plays wide left. I don't think Schlupp is good enough, Puncheon definitely isn't, and Riedewald, McArthur and RLC are ideally suited to being more central. This is the conundrum for Roy.

These are the automatic starters:

???-------------Dann----------------Sakho-------------???
Townsend-----Cabaye------------Milivojevic-----------???

I'd still like to see RLC playing left midfield, especially for home games. It's not ideal, but he is the least worst option. If he can be encouraged to track back when we don't have the ball he should be given a chance there. When we do have the ball he can drift into a more central position, allowing the left back to overlap.

Just a quick additional point regarding the full-backs. I think we should do what Spurs do: rotate them. Joel Ward's a very good defender when our backs are against the wall. And yet he stifles our forward play when we are at home and chasing a goal. He should play the away games. TFM showed us against West Ham what a right back should be able to do in the home games. Similarly I feel that PVA is better on the ball and in attacking situations when we are at home. We should push our full backs further up the pitch at home. Therefore I would play:

Home

TFM-------------Dann---------------Sakho-------------PVA

Away

Ward-----------Dann----------------Sakho------------Schlupp
Can you expand on that at all?

Old 06-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why anyone is picking RLC is beyond me, he makes Jordan Mutch look like a caring hard working player. Hopefully, both will be gone in January.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:55 PM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Speroni

TFM Dann Sakho PVA

Cabaye Luka

Townsend RLC Wilf

Bentke

I would take that team, except ward or schlupp for pva.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:55 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz41 View Post
433:

-----------------------Speroni-------------------------
Fosu-Mensah----Dann-----Sakho------------Schlupp
----------------------Milivojevic-----------------------
------------Cabaye--------------Loftus-Cheek--------
Townsend-----------------------------------------Zaha
-----------------------Benteke-------------------------
This
Old 06-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Despite what I said earlier re getting Wilf out wide, I do fully expect to see something like the following:

Speroni
TFM-Dann/Tomkins-Sakho-Ward
Townsend-Cabaye-Luka-Schlupp
Zaha-Benteke

Wouldn't be my choice but Hodgson seems to like the narrow, 2 banks of 4 - much like how Pulis has us playing a few years back.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Why anyone is picking RLC is beyond me, he makes Jordan Mutch look like a caring hard working player. Hopefully, both will be gone in January.
Because Iím our first 4/5 games he was best player on pitch. Since heís returned from injury heís been played right mid.. which he isnít.

Through the middle he gives us something we have been missing.

Whatís up with people at the moment. Writing players off left right and centre
Old 06-11-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Despite what I said earlier re getting Wilf out wide, I do fully expect to see something like the following:

Speroni
TFM-Dann/Tomkins-Sakho-Ward
Townsend-Cabaye-Luka-Schlupp
Zaha-Benteke

Wouldn't be my choice but Hodgson seems to like the narrow, 2 banks of 4 - much like how Pulis has us playing a few years back.
Probably right. Which probakt isnít the way to play with Benteke. Mind you with wild supporting him it might work
Old 06-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Wouldn't mind Hen back in, Speroni had one thing to do all match and didn't do it, yes I know all goals that Speroni concedes are world class, unsaveable, no one in the world......

The back line worked well yesterday with Dann much better than I thought he would be against Spuds, same again pls. RLC loses out to Benteke as he struggled a bit yesterday.

---------------------Hennessey
-----TFM-----------Dann---------Sakho-------Ward
---------------------Luka-----Schlupp-----
Zaha-------------------Cabaye-------------Townsend
----------------------Benteke
Old 06-11-2017, 03:49 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Wouldn't mind Hen back in, Speroni had one thing to do all match and didn't do it, yes I know all goals that Speroni concedes are world class, unsaveable, no one in the world......

The back line worked well yesterday with Dann much better than I thought he would be against Spuds, same again pls. RLC loses out to Benteke as he struggled a bit yesterday.

Come on, no keeper would have saved that. He was partially sighted and Son has curled into the side netting. It's a great strike. The defence has looked much more secure with speroni in goal. Yes he's not at the level he was but he's still far superior to Hennessey.

Schlupp in centre mid would scare me - he hasn't got the brain to play there.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:58 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Eh? What did you want him to do teleport across. Wayne wouldn't have got to that, not in a million years
Old 06-11-2017, 04:02 PM

westsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Have you actually seen the Son goal, its a yard to a yard and a half outside the post and curls back in. Very few keepers would have got anywhere near that.