Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnicholson View Post
handball doesn't have to be deliberate; nor does it require "hands not in a natural position". It's a myth, as is "contact" being the criteria for a penalty being awarded.
Handball absolutely to be deliberate. It's literally the one word used to describe the offense in the LOTG. I actually laughed out loud at this!

But anyway, I actually came here to mention that Southampton are probably wishing for that VAR after today's match. Doucoure's equalizer was punched in with his fist!
Attached Images
File Type: png deliberate.png (45.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 17-01-2018, 05:50 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
So Iheanacho becomes the first player to score a goal awarded by VAR in English football.

Bet that linesman’s gutted.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-01-2018, 07:46 AM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
So Iheanacho becomes the first player to score a goal awarded by VAR in English football.

Bet that linesman’s gutted.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
They are assistant referees now you old fart.

Was close though. The AR needed to see the pass and check if the player is off-side. Cannot always do both at the same time.
Old 17-01-2018, 08:05 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post
Handball absolutely to be deliberate. It's literally the one word used to describe the offense in the LOTG. I actually laughed out loud at this!

But anyway, I actually came here to mention that Southampton are probably wishing for that VAR after today's match. Doucoure's equalizer was punched in with his fist!
In that case there are very few handballs.
Old 17-01-2018, 10:05 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
They are assistant referees now you old fart.

They’ll always be linesman to me.

Anyway, thought Fleetwood’s left half back should’ve pushed up a little more. That’s why they’re 3rd Division I suppose.
Old 17-01-2018, 10:11 AM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
VAR was effective in ensuring a League 1 team didnt stay in the game against the former premier league champions with 10 minutes to go.
Pretty much what its invented to achieve!
Old 17-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
I don't like it at all. Waiting to celebrate a goal is awful.
Can you imagine a last minute winner chalked off after waiting 2 minutes.
Old 17-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is here
Well I am all in favour. Yes it may take a few minutes out of the game but so do injuries. Yes it may be annoying to have a goal chalked off after a 2 minute wait.

But nothing is more annoying than seeing a goal awarded for a clear error. Think this season's home game vs Everton and Niasse's 'dive' which gave Everton a penalty. Yes he was banned afterwards but what use was that to us? We were winning 2-1. We ended up drawing 2-2. 2 points lost.
Think last season's game vs Hull when Snodgrass dived for a penalty and Scott Dann got booked. Video replays showed Dann did not even touch him! Result 3:3. Another 2 points lost.
Imagine if that is at the end of the season and you get relegated by 1-2 points.
Plus, most dodgy decisions usually go for the big clubs and against the smaller clubs so we should certainly not be complaining.

Yes I get that VAR is slightly disruptive but nothing is worse than an appalling refereeing gaffe not being corrected. If your team score a goal and it is then annulled because it was handball then you cannot really complain. (Watford 2:2 Southampton - Watford 'scored' in injury time and Saints, who are in a relegation battle, lost 2 valuable points).
Old 17-01-2018, 11:15 AM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
Plus, most dodgy decisions usually go for the big clubs and against the smaller clubs so we should certainly not be complaining.
I do get this and see your point

But I also think that it is the smaller clubs who need a bit of luck to beat the bigger boys. Hence my example that Fleetwoods luck of having a 2nd goal disallowed that would have kept them with a chance of taking it to extra-time was taken away by VAR.
My gut feeling is the big clubs will be the ones who benefit from VAR more than the little clubs.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I have to say I am not a fan of VAR (in it's current guise) so far at least. I am up for some sort of technology improvement but not one that relies on a review and a chat before giving a decision. It completely changes the feeling as a goal is scored. The goal line tech is a really good example of a definite improvement. It instantly informs the ref and doesn't impact on the crowd or players. It just brings certainty.

As currently implemented I don't think this does. For one there is often no certainty even after the review, but mostly there is a significant delay and it just takes out that instant reaction of the crowd etc. Worse still it impacts every goal as a price for correcting the odd mistake.

I think they should just work on implementing incremental additions like the goal line stuff. So for instance tackle the offside bits first. Enhance the tech so that it is done automatically. In RT calculate from the video image (using the lines etc.) if anyone was offside. In essence anything we can do from the video footage a computer can replicate with % of confidence and maybe only say 1 in a 100 cases would require a pair of eyes. They can implement the goal ine tech along the edges of the pitch. That would leave refs and linesmen to watch for the fouls and dodgy stuff only which would make the job easier. Judging those fouls probably is too hard for tech anyway and so just leave that to the ref and linesmen as it is. This fuffing about with things to fix the few things left simply isn't worth it if it's going to slow the game and impact the experience.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:59 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
I don't like it at all. Waiting to celebrate a goal is awful.
Can you imagine a last minute winner chalked off after waiting 2 minutes.
I watched the match last night. Of course Moss was the ref so obviously took the maximum time to get a breather the fat feck, but after indicating he would look at the screen, was obviously told 'look he's clearly onside, stop wasting any more time and give the goal'. The lines they show are really accurate and you can see a lot more goals being awarded provided the ref ignores the lino at the time if it's tight.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 17-01-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjohnk View Post
I do get this and see your point

But I also think that it is the smaller clubs who need a bit of luck to beat the bigger boys. Hence my example that Fleetwoods luck of having a 2nd goal disallowed that would have kept them with a chance of taking it to extra-time was taken away by VAR.
My gut feeling is the big clubs will be the ones who benefit from VAR more than the little clubs.
I feel totally the opposite. Neil Warnock said as much last week. It’s the big clubs that always get the benefit of doubt with decisions and this will even it out a bit.

My only concern at the moment with VAR is what Martin highlighted above, regarding taking away that initial joy when a ball goes in as you have to wait for the decision to confirm. But that won’t happen all the time and I’d say 90% of goals will be clear cut.

I guess we’ll just have to see how it pans out the more they use it, but it does feel fair that these essential decisions will be made correctly. Think they might need to speed up the decision making in the video hub. Seemed to take an age to work out if it was offside last night. Hopefully that was just because it was so tight.
Old 17-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
So, assuming this picks up speed and VAR is bought into the Premier League next season, which appears likely, where will they find an extra referee for each game which is what will be needed presumably?

One suggestion might be to replace the ref doing the 4th official job with an assistant ref, which would mean you wouldn't need any more refs, just more assistant refs.
Old 17-01-2018, 12:04 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I feel totally the opposite. Neil Warnock said as much last week. It’s the big clubs that always get the benefit of doubt with decisions and this will even it out a bit.

My only concern at the moment with VAR is what Martin highlighted above, regarding taking away that initial joy when a ball goes in as you have to wait for the decision to confirm. But that won’t happen all the time and I’d say 90% of goals will be clear cut.

I guess we’ll just have to see how it pans out the more they use it, but it does feel fair that these essential decisions will be made correctly. Think they might need to speed up the decision making in the video hub. Seemed to take an age to work out if it was offside last night. Hopefully that was just because it was so tight.
Normally they would just blow up. What will they give in that eventuality? Indirect free kick or something?

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 17-01-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I watched the match last night. Of course Moss was the ref so obviously took the maximum time to get a breather the fat feck, but after indicating he would look at the screen, was obviously told 'look he's clearly onside, stop wasting any more time and give the goal'. The lines they show are really accurate and you can see a lot more goals being awarded provided the ref ignores the lino at the time if it's tight.
I never thought of that . Quite clearly Moss playing for time. You can imagine the scenes back with the video referee....’I don’t think he heard me? Jon! I said it’s a goal! Jon! It’s a goal! Jon?....nah he’s definitely not hearing it...’
Old 17-01-2018, 12:20 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
I never thought of that . Quite clearly Moss playing for time. You can imagine the scenes back with the video referee....’I don’t think he heard me? Jon! I said it’s a goal! Jon! It’s a goal! Jon?....nah he’s definitely not hearing it...’

Yeah all this is just the equivalent of fag breaks to Moss They will just blow up when the small team is attacking and play on if the big team is until they score, then blow up.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 17-01-2018, 12:51 PM

OneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Imagine Aguero winning goal to win the league going back to VAR. Will eventually destroy all emotion which is 50% why people love the game
Old 17-01-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSize View Post
Imagine Aguero winning goal to win the league going back to VAR. Will eventually destroy all emotion which is 50% why people love the game
I know that’s got me thinking now.

But what about Sako’s goal against Brighton? There wasn’t any delay there. Hopefully this will be the norm otherwise as you said, it will sterilise the excitement of a goal being scored.
Old 17-01-2018, 12:59 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSize View Post
A goal should be a goal, end of. I agree the emotion after the goal last night was lackluster but it wasn't exactly a big game, had that been the Aguero league winning goal I imagine there would still be celebrations and in time maybe players will adapt to it. They are going to have to really.
Old 17-01-2018, 01:04 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
I don't want it or like it, wrong decisions and the emotions are everything that makes going to football great. Turning live football into tv football is not the way forward.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni