Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-01-2018, 11:37 PM

cpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfc 81 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sakho injury

When is he suppose to be back?
Old 23-01-2018, 03:12 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Physioroom suggest 4th Feb so for Newcastle.
Old 23-01-2018, 03:20 PM
9.6 miles from Selhurst

dav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Better than I thought.
Old 23-01-2018, 03:20 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
We seemed obsessed with buying him . Not sure why as he was always a high risk with his injury history .

Since signing for Liverpool in 2013 he played 56 league games in 3.5 years . He played 8 games on loan to us before getting injured . He was injured when we signed him then played 10 games before getting injured again .
Old 23-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Physioroom suggest 4th Feb so for Newcastle.
That would be quality. Hopefully he can then see the season out without picking up another injury!
Old 23-01-2018, 03:39 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
We seemed obsessed with buying him . Not sure why as he was always a high risk with his injury history .

Since signing for Liverpool in 2013 he played 56 league games in 3.5 years . He played 8 games on loan to us before getting injured . He was injured when we signed him then played 10 games before getting injured again .
I did not know this but these stats are very worrying

I wonder it that is better or worse than Caroll or Wilshire?
Old 23-01-2018, 03:48 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:

In the 13/14 season he missed 11 games through 1 injury
In the 14/15 season he missed 29 games through 3 injuries
In the 15/16 season he missed 9 games through 2 injuries
In the 16/17 season he missed 14 games through 2 injuries (11 of our games)
This season he has now missed 10 games with this injury.

73 games in 5 years missed with injury so based on around 45 games a year he spends around 1/3 time unavailable.
Old 23-01-2018, 04:06 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He should be about due a bit of luck then.
Old 23-01-2018, 04:20 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Milking it a bit now
Old 23-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
I remember a coach when I used to play telling me to stop slide tackling & throwing myself into stupid tackles as it will catch up with you - I used to go in for absolutely reckless challenges in hindsight. He used the example of Ferdinand & Woodgate when both at Leeds. Said one game, Ferdinand came in immaculate as he wasn't diving in but would stay on his feet, where as Woodgate came in covered in mud as he was sliding into everything. Said it was no surprise Ferdinand went on to play so many games compared to sick note Woodgate as the way JW played wasn't sustainable - sure enough I had to stop playing when I was 24.

Now, whilst that rambling story might seem completely irrelevant, I would say it rings true as Sakho is constantly throwing his body into big tackles or blocks - they do seem to catch up with him. I think my coach from all those years ago may have been talking a bit of sense.
Old 23-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Lots of pictures on instagram of Sakho in the gym. Haven't seen any of him on the training pitches though. That makes me think there's still some way to go.
Old 23-01-2018, 04:52 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Lots of pictures on instagram of Sakho in the gym. Haven't seen any of him on the training pitches though. That makes me think there's still some way to go.
Didn't think of that. We're one injury to Tomkins or Kelly away from having Delaney starting matches. Makes me feel sick.
Old 23-01-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
I remember a coach when I used to play telling me to stop slide tackling & throwing myself into stupid tackles as it will catch up with you - I used to go in for absolutely reckless challenges in hindsight. He used the example of Ferdinand & Woodgate when both at Leeds. Said one game, Ferdinand came in immaculate as he wasn't diving in but would stay on his feet, where as Woodgate came in covered in mud as he was sliding into everything. Said it was no surprise Ferdinand went on to play so many games compared to sick note Woodgate as the way JW played wasn't sustainable - sure enough I had to stop playing when I was 24.

Now, whilst that rambling story might seem completely irrelevant, I would say it rings true as Sakho is constantly throwing his body into big tackles or blocks - they do seem to catch up with him. I think my coach from all those years ago may have been talking a bit of sense.
Does make sense. Both his injuries with us have been from him lunging into tackles.
Old 23-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Didn't think of that. We're one injury to Tomkins or Kelly away from having Delaney starting matches. Makes me feel sick.
Or TFM moving into the middle once Ward is back. Can he play centre-back?
Old 23-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Does make sense. Both his injuries with us have been from him lunging into tackles.
What is it with lunging defenders? TFM and Pape also love a lunge, and will probably cause us a few more injury headaches before the end of the season.
Old 23-01-2018, 05:22 PM
XXX

gossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace have played 24 league games so far. Sakho has missed 14. We've been sold a pup.
Old 23-01-2018, 05:47 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Or TFM moving into the middle once Ward is back. Can he play centre-back?
He is a centre back isn't he ?
Old 23-01-2018, 06:00 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:

he was banned for some of that period wasn't he? Plus he was never really a first choice for them, Lovren came in for example. it's not all down to injury, slightly unfair on hkm
Old 23-01-2018, 07:42 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
he was banned for some of that period wasn't he? Plus he was never really a first choice for them, Lovren came in for example. it's not all down to injury, slightly unfair on hkm
In the 13/14 season he missed 11 games through 1 injury
In the 14/15 season he missed 29 games through 3 injuries
In the 15/16 season he missed 9 games through 2 injuries
In the 16/17 season he missed 14 games through 2 injuries (11 of our games)
This season he has now missed 10 games with this injury.
Old 23-01-2018, 07:47 PM
XXX

gossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgossip girl came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep - he's injury prone, a crock, a sicknote. He's Louis Saha, he's Darren Anderton. And we paid £25 million quid for him. 25 million! Bet Liverpool are still laughing at us. #MuggedOff